larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I think the game have a bug.
The costumers dont seem to "lvl up". They only need the kitchen , the bar, and the restaurant.
The hotel is already at lvl 3 so its weird
When Julia is in reception you choose what level customer you want
1606512432243.png

Reactions: otranu

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Stuck on Amber "unexpected phone call". How do you trigger the event? Thanks.
NVM after
30 times checking on her housekeeping it finally triggered.
I didn't have any problems triggering it. Are you sure you were in the right timeslot the first 29 times? One can easily forget that since the rotation of health/housekeeping/maintenance can be ingrained into one's day.

are the old saves available from my previousplaythrough? or do i have to start from scratch?
They are. However, you will have to copy the "profiles" folder from your old directory to your new one.

Reactions: heyyoo

bob691

Nov 21, 2018
Can you attach a save before this happens, please?
I dont have a save right before it happens, but I do have this which is a save right after it skipped to the afternoon which is this, I am not sure about the save labelling so this might be the wrong one, let me know if so

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I dont have a save right before it happens, but I do have this which is a save right after it skipped to the afternoon which is this, I am not sure about the save labelling so this might be the wrong one, let me know if so
Check your autosave folder. You should have one from Sunday evening or night. Either one would be great if you do. Preferably the evening one as I could be able to see it in action.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
- I'm used to the hard grind aspect in these games in the beginning (even tho I'm anything but a fan), but here it's especially tedious. Raising the stats, keeping an eye out for the slow income, the slow earn fate points is quite the deep water for those whos only getting familiar with these type of games. (...)
I don't know, I found it somewhat challenging in an entertaining way to get things started. Of course by now the hotel is running extremely smoothly.

The part about people being new to management games is arguably true (however, how can anybody be? They're grrrrrrrrreat!), but once everything else is a bit smoothed out, we will get an easy mode for them and a harder mode for me. Although as long as it is only $5,000 starting money, the different experiences may not differ as much (I see that the different numbers of save game slots seem to have been abolished).

- Actions between time frames (exploring, checking, etc) become sort of pointless at times when there isn't anything to do anyway, only slowing the speed again, a skip to the next time button only would be a great addition. The random generated chance of locations are also like this, it would be much better if we could choose to what to do during an exploration for example or where to go. If we go to the woods, we could choose between the gnome, the well and the cave, or at the manor we could do the story progressing exploration, or where we search the attic. I don't mind the attic having an rng chance of giving an item, but pairing with the fact that even finding the attic is rng, it does get annoying. Same goes for the well for example, at level 3, I'd rather just go straight there to "donate", since that is a must as I experienced, than having random meetings with an item seller that isn't even selling anything, or going to the cave that will have a role at sometime in the future.
Generally agreed that it would be great to go to known places directly. A small problem would be to tell players whether or not just "exploring" can still yield results in a non immersion breaking way.

As for gnome not having merchandise: the game is not fully developed yet. He will one day, the experience we have now is limited by the nature of a pre finished release. So I do not think it is a valid point for now, the game is being trimmed for the end product to be at its best, not for every 0.7.2 beta. I hope the many "empty hours" (on which I generally agree, it feels wrong to permanently click "do nothing") where you cannot do anything of value will get a similar fate and be filled, we'll have to see.

Since I haven't followed the development phases closely, I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but right now most of the level 3 guests are a great middle finger for the players. Even with a mostly maxed out staff (...)
They are for a while, but you are supposed to not have everything going smoothly all the time. Our employees still have to learn some stuff, they cannot fulfill every strange whim from the start (the choices are just placeholders here IMO for whatever thing they demand), so knowing in theory what they want isn't the same as being able to do it. You therefore can (and maybe should) wait with accepting the more demanding guests until you're ready to meet them. Just like in a fantasy fighting game where you have to level up your stats and abilities before you can fight an Ogre even though you know the correct move order to do so from the beginning. I guess the next batch of guests will annoy us just as much for a while.

As for "maxed out" employees: even if they have the level, they still need the EXP unless something changed in the last update.

unless you put her to training, which again has an rng chance to boost a stat, way too much rng by the way
Is there really an RNG at work here? I haven't tried (maxed out already) but the changelog said it's determined to be the lowest stat you have.

she and the rest of the latecomers needs to have better base stats on areas that will be unlocked at higher levels
Maybe they shouldn't start completely at zero to make it too long a way to level up, but again this is a managing game, and finding out what you can efficiently do with the hand you're dealt is part of it.

In addition to my previous point, sure, there are items and cards that will boost your performance, but items are again highly rng, and we don't have the item buying option yet, while the progression for fate points is über slow, and finding the well is random again. By the way I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but first time I could only donate 1k to the well, and in this update when I found it again I didn't had the 10k option.
"Random well" I agree, see above. "We don't have the buying option yet" I think does not mean that other parts of the game should be balanced to account for that just to rebalance them again once the items come around, also see above. The last part however is intentional - speaking of "rebalancing", the 10k option was completely overpowered.

Thing is though, if having booster fate cards are a must already at level 3, even with items and highest stats
It isn't though. The girls, once maxed out, can as of now satisfy every customer without items or cards. Yes, the maxing out takes time, especially if say nobody wants Riley's help in the sauna and she is stuck at level 2, but again you can deal with the difficulty e. g. by not accepting level 3 guests until you're ready.

I generally liked the game, not as much as I did MoTH yet, but if these aspects will keep up, many will quit after a while or starts cheating left and right with different methods, not only with the key file that is on patreon.
Possibly, maybe even probably. Especially during development many will have ideas where a game may be going which turn out to be different from what the dev had in mind. I think Faerin really wants this to be a true management game with erotic rewards, not a VN with some added layer, which may not be to everybody's taste. Others again may like the different way of playing it. Then again, "another MotH" may not be either. (I for one wouldn't complain though, still one of my all time favs) Maybe this even "fails completely", then again I can understand if he doesn't want to redo the same formula over and over and try stuff.

Reactions: Faerin

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Completed Laura events. Did Amber's and Julia's first events on tier 4. The game then freezes the following day moving from morning to afternoon.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The game freezes moving from morning to afternoon. It´s a black screen and money comes in, but that´s it.
Can you attach your player log, please?

Look in C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

And if you could, provide a save from your autosave folder before that happens please?

Thanks!

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I don't know, I found it somewhat challenging in an entertaining way to get things started. Of course by now the hotel is running extremely smoothly.

The part about people being new to management games is arguably true (however, how can anybody be? They're grrrrrrrrreat!), but once everything else is a bit smoothed out, we will get an easy mode for them and a harder mode for me. Although as long as it is only $5,000 starting money, the different experiences may not differ as much (I see that the different numbers of save game slots seem to have been abolished).
Not everyone is a fan of them, especially not if it's a really complicated system. I played several, but not all of them were something I could enjoy completely. I remember the old Sim Cities being a bitch after a while for example.

Generally agreed that it would be great to go to known places directly. A small problem would be to tell players whether or not just "exploring" can still yield results in a non immersion breaking way.

As for gnome not having merchandise: the game is not fully developed yet. He will one day, the experience we have now is limited by the nature of a pre finished release. So I do not think it is a valid point for now, the game is being trimmed for the end product to be at its best, not for every 0.7.2 beta. I hope the many "empty hours" (on which I generally agree, it feels wrong to permanently click "do nothing") where you cannot do anything of value will get a similar fate and be filled, we'll have to see.
That's easy to solve. Mark it with a star or somehow that it has an option you haven't yet played. Finding a certain place, doing an action you didn't do yet. That would allow the player to see what it has in store, and from that point they can decide if it's worth it. As for the gnome, I know that it's not developed, but the problem in general with him and the cave that it takes away the time in it's current form, without able to choose where to go.

They are for a while, but you are supposed to not have everything going smoothly all the time. Our employees still have to learn some stuff, they cannot fulfill every strange whim from the start (the choices are just placeholders here IMO for whatever thing they demand), so knowing in theory what they want isn't the same as being able to do it. You therefore can (and maybe should) wait with accepting the more demanding guests until you're ready to meet them. Just like in a fantasy fighting game where you have to level up your stats and abilities before you can fight an Ogre even though you know the correct move order to do so from the beginning. I guess the next batch of guests will annoy us just as much for a while.

As for "maxed out" employees: even if they have the level, they still need the EXP unless something changed in the last update.
Fulfilling the whims it what the options serve in my opinion. And if they have the sufficient skill level, then that and the right option should be enough for their level. Otherwise, no point in raising skill if you will fail it anyway. If a level 3 staff isn't enough for a level 3 guest, then there shouldn't be a level 3 guest option, only level 2. In theory what you say sounds fine, in practice, it doesn't, because there's a massive difference between this and a fantasy fighting game scenario, thanks to several factors. These tasks supposed to be solo for the staff, even with the items, which again are scarce just as the cards, and this is supposed to be a normal level by the way.

Is there really an RNG at work here? I haven't tried (maxed out already) but the changelog said it's determined to be the lowest stat you have.
It is, I tried it several times.

Maybe they shouldn't start completely at zero to make it too long a way to level up, but again this is a managing game, and finding out what you can efficiently do with the hand you're dealt is part of it.
You're only somewhat right, because this brings out another problem in terms of game mechanics. Either level 1 guests should be able to go to massage after Laura is unlocked and the facility is renovated, or the required amount of points should be much lower in these tasks even at level 3, otherwise, there's simply no way to properly raise the stat and you're fucked since the guest could pretty much leave you. The other option is to train them beforehand, but that's again randomly generated, and will take up more and more time currently. Let's say you open the club at level 4, someone arrives who can be put in there, but in order to raise her stat, you'll need a level 4 guest, who's required points will be unreachable. It's gonna become another fail loop.

"Random well" I agree, see above. "We don't have the buying option yet" I think does not mean that other parts of the game should be balanced to account for that just to rebalance them again once the items come around, also see above. The last part however is intentional - speaking of "rebalancing", the 10k option was completely overpowered.
Allright, but especially on a normal level, the staff skill should be enough to be able to complete the task without any boosts then.

It isn't though. The girls, once maxed out, can as of now satisfy every customer without items or cards. Yes, the maxing out takes time, especially if say nobody wants Riley's help in the sauna and she is stuck at level 2, but again you can deal with the difficulty e. g. by not accepting level 3 guests until you're ready.
You can't, I'm speaking from experience. Riley was maxed out in everything, long before I went to the level 3 guests, and even with the right answers, she failed by 5-10 points, with an item that boosts her spa performance.

Possibly, maybe even probably. Especially during development many will have ideas where a game may be going which turn out to be different from what the dev had in mind. I think Faerin really wants this to be a true management game with erotic rewards, not a VN with some added layer, which may not be to everybody's taste. Others again may like the different way of playing it. Then again, "another MotH" may not be either. (I for one wouldn't complain though, still one of my all time favs) Maybe this even "fails completely", then again I can understand if he doesn't want to redo the same formula over and over and try stuff.
I loved MoTH, even with all the grind aspects it had, but it was much more lenient when it came to those aspects, you did not have these kind of obstacles in it, as Mystwood has now.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Sorry, The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. It was my first post.
Unfortunately, that won't be of any help as there is a lot of data missing. I'll see if the save offers any insight as to what's going on. Perhaps it will generate a log if something happens.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Here is the autosave
That's definitely a bugged save since I am seeing a white square where the guest level select should be and it's been fixed. I'm checking into a few things now, so I'll update this post if I find anything.

Edit:
Ok, I've ran into the black screen you mentioned in your OP and it's definitely related to the level select bug. So what you will need to do when you assign Julia to the lobby and you see a white screen is, click that to select the guest's level that you want to check in. That will prevent the black screen (and game locking).

The white square is acting as guest level 0. And since no such level exists, that's causing the lockup.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes