Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Not everyone is a fan of them, especially not if it's a really complicated system.
I know, my "who isn't?" was more in jest. However, some like them.

That's easy to solve. Mark it with a star or somehow that it has an option you haven't yet played.
True, but that's what I meant by "without breaking immersion". Knowing through the UI that there is something to find takes away half the exploration IMO. But maybe you could overhear guests talking about the well they found in the woods, rumors of a gnome when in the (non existing, at least so far) nearby town.

If a level 3 staff isn't enough for a level 3 guest, then there shouldn't be a level 3 guest option, only level 2.
I don't agree. (a) level 3 can be enough, (b) you might risk it anyway since it's only two "unhappy times" which will still earn you more rewards than at level 2. Also, as in real life, sometimes you will have to fail a task to understand how it is done properly.

You're only somewhat right, because this brings out another problem in terms of game mechanics. Either level 1 guests should be able to go to massage after Laura is unlocked and the facility is renovated
Here I'll concede the point, I totally forgot that you cannot massage/sauna/gym a level 1 guest.

You can't, I'm speaking from experience. Riley was maxed out in everything, long before I went to the level 3 guests, and even with the right answers, she failed by 5-10 points, with an item that boosts her spa performance.
Strange. I unequipped everything for three days, and all three guests were perfectly satisfied (I cannot guarantee whether I was everywhere, I think the gym wasn't used. The sauna definitely was, so it isn't a Riley issue as such).

I loved MoTH, even with all the grind aspects it had, but it was much more lenient when it came to those aspects, you did not have these kind of obstacles in it, as Mystwood has now.
And I would say intentionally so since they are in two different genres. MotH is a classic "sandbox" game (as it is defined here, it ain't no GTA), this is a management game.

Reactions: Faerin

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
Started over, (forgot to save my profile), not a major thing, but can't seem to get anything over level 1 tarot cards. Was wonder if its just bad luck or did the starter card get limited to level 1s this version?

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Anyone got any insight on Amber's Tier 4 Events? When or how to trigger them?
Start the game go into settings and tick show hints on progression events box

1606518917528.png

A little i will show up on her progress screen and give you a hint on how to trigger her events

1606519094704.png

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I know, my "who isn't?" was more in jest. However, some like them.
Sure, but still :p

True, but that's what I meant by "without breaking immersion". Knowing through the UI that there is something to find takes away half the exploration IMO. But maybe you could overhear guests talking about the well they found in the woods, rumors of a gnome when in the (non existing, at least so far) nearby town.
After years of gaming, I take a good game mechanic over immersion any time. Not having any clue regarding to that could be left to hard level though.

I don't agree. (a) level 3 can be enough, (b) you might risk it anyway since it's only two "unhappy times" which will still earn you more rewards than at level 2. Also, as in real life, sometimes you will have to fail a task to understand how it is done properly.
It won't give you any reward if you fail though, and in terms of xp for example, it doesn't matter, staff skill level does, and the amount of guests, 2 level 1 guest on skill 3 will give you 100 points, just as 2 level 3 guest on skill level 3. And as far as the real life arguement goes, I do like a touch of realism in a game, but first and foremost, you play these for enjoyment. If games were realistic, you'll most likely die after taking a bullet in an FPS, or a right swing in a fantasy game. Whenever a game tried to be too realistic, it failed ultimately on the market especially because of that. Even survival modes and such in most games are close to realism as they can be without ruining the overall experience. And after all, this is a game where because of a misterious fog, you'll fuck your sister and mother, while all of you having visions and you meet magical creatures. There goes the realism of it.

Strange. I unequipped everything for three days, and all three guests were perfectly satisfied (I cannot guarantee whether I was everywhere, I think the gym wasn't used. The sauna definitely was, so it isn't a Riley issue as such).
Well, it didn't for me, even Amber failed with the rich women at level 3 in the dinner, and Amber is arguably better in it than Riley.

And I would say intentionally so since they are in two different genres. MotH is a classic "sandbox" game (as it is defined here, it ain't no GTA), this is a management game.
In several aspects, because it's from the same developer, it overlaps with each other. There, you had to grind for money and stats for several things, and quite often, before you could enjoy the result of it. It is the same, management aspect is nice and all, but the reward of it are the scenes with the girls, just like the sandbox served for it in there.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Can't attach a .log file but here's the details:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is that the full contents of the log? There's an awful lot of data missing from it. Maybe zip the log instead? Or, what you can try is move the game's folder to the root of your C drive and see if that helps clear things up.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Started over, (forgot to save my profile), not a major thing, but can't seem to get anything over level 1 tarot cards. Was wonder if its just bad luck or did the starter card get limited to level 1s this version?
Can you attach your save, please?

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
With the new update can we get level 4 in the hotel yet?
If not how do you get level 4 employees?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
With the new update can we get level 4 in the hotel yet?
If not how do you get level 4 employees?
We can get neither level 4 hotel nor level 4 employees. However, the level 4 events do not require the girls to be a level 4 employee.

throw_nws

Jul 19, 2017
Or, what you can try is move the game's folder to the root of your C drive and see if that helps clear things up.
This didn't work either. But i did manage to get it sorted.

I noticed on the warning page the sentences were being cut off on both sides. My current resolution is 3440x1440 (21:9). Setting my res to 16:9 (2560x1440) and the warning splash has now full sentences and lets me press continue to get into the game.

Seems like a UW / Unity incompatibility with the game's code to not rescale to 16x9 correctly. Other Unity games have been fine.

Reactions: Faerin and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
This didn't work either. But i did manage to get it sorted.

I noticed on the warning page the sentences were being cut off on both sides. My current resolution is 3440x1440 (21:9). Setting my res to 16:9 (2560x1440) and the warning splash has now full sentences and lets me press continue to get into the game.

Seems like a UW / Unity incompatibility with the game's code to not rescale to 16x9 correctly. Other Unity games have been fine.
Oh! Are you running a 4K/UHD monitor?

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
Sure, not much to see though. Just saying in about 50 fresh starts, first time at Isabella, I have never seen any card above tier 1. (and no Prodigy card on new games anymore).

ghost1122

Oct 23, 2019
LOL, Played every update and just read the guests descriptions and just realized that there is a family staying there, and is it bad I want to see the nun naked.

• Haha

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Sure, not much to see though. Just saying in about 50 fresh starts, first time at Isabella, I have never seen any card above tier 1. (and no Prodigy card on new games anymore).
Well, the issue here is that you have no destiny points from not having enough guests. So the only tarot card you'll be able to get at the moment is the one you chose during your intro. Once you reach manor level 2 though, you can go revisit Isabella at her cottage to get another reading and chose a tier 1 or tier 2 card.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes