whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
So far as I know, I skipped nothing. If you can't remember how you were informed then I have conclude you got lucky and didn't go to the other hotels until late enough that Annika was there. Which really is not 'communicated clearly' as you suggested earlier.
It was written on the screen.
I don't know how much more clearly you need/want.
All I can say is, it was clear to me and I progressed without issue.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
It was written on the screen.
I don't know how much more clearly you need/want.
Telling me where on the screen would go a long way. If the writing is only there for some players in some circumstances, it is not communicating clearly to those that don't get it, now is it?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Telling me where on the screen would go a long way. If the writing is only there for some players in some circumstances, it is not communicating clearly to those that don't get it, now is it?
Mate, I honestly don't know how or why you didn't get informed.
I know that it was clear to me, at the time, as I did not have any trouble progressing & I remember being notified that I needed to visit the couple's hotel.
I didn't go there unprompted.
I'm wondering if it was when I reached hotel level 3, perhaps there was a prompt then. Too long ago to remember clearly what it was now, sorry man.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Mate, I honestly don't know how or why you didn't get informed.
I know that it was clear to me, at the time, as I did not have any trouble progressing & I remember being notified that I needed to visit the couple's hotel.
I didn't go there unprompted.
I'm wondering if it was when I reached hotel level 3, perhaps there was a prompt then. Too long ago to remember clearly what it was now, sorry man.
What I find frustrating is not that those things were missed; the game plays fine albeit at higher difficulty. What I find frustrating is people say the clear hints exist but can't tell me where to find them. I may have missed them. Stuff happens. But I'd like to know where I missed them so I don't miss them or others found in the same area later in the game.

Reactions: Nome Tschato

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
What I find frustrating is not that those things were missed; the game plays fine albeit at higher difficulty. What I find frustrating is people say the clear hints exist but can't tell me where to find them. I may have missed them. Stuff happens. But I'd like to know where I missed them so I don't miss them or others found in the same area later in the game.
Yeah, I get it.
I tried loading up an older save, in the hopes it might be near that point, but only had one just turned level 2.
Sorry couldn't be any help, but I am positive that I didn't go there unprompted.
It may have been dialogue, perhaps with the Mother. It may have been MC's thoughts. It may have been in-game notification when reaching level 3.
Any of those seem plausible, but I just can't remember the specifics.

Hopefully Sycho can shed some light on it.
Do you know what information is given to players re the Training Room and needing to visit the couple to get the teacher?
Also, was there notification about visiting the other hotel, to meet Anikka?
I'm sure there was info provided in-game, to let players know, but can't remember what/where/how.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, I get it.
I tried loading up an older save, in the hopes it might be near that point, but only had one just turned level 2.
Sorry couldn't be any help, but I am positive that I didn't go there unprompted.
It may have been dialogue, perhaps with the Mother. It may have been MC's thoughts. It may have been in-game notification when reaching level 3.
Any of those seem plausible, but I just can't remember the specifics.

Hopefully Sycho can shed some light on it.
Do you know what information is given to players re the Training Room and needing to visit the couple to get the teacher?
Also, was there notification about visiting the other hotel, to meet Anikka?
I'm sure there was info provided in-game, to let players know, but can't remember what/where/how.
Actually, if you go to the staff screen and hover your mouse pointer over Anikka's locked portrait, it will mention visiting the Forest Queen when your hotel reaches level 3. But the hints will need to be enabled in the Settings screen though in order to see the italicized "i" (and see the hint)..

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Actually, if you go to the staff screen and hover your mouse pointer over Anikka's locked portrait, it will mention visiting the Forest Queen when your hotel reaches level 3.
Cheers mate, knew there was something. (y)
What about the classroom & teacher? I'm sure I was notified to visit the couple at the other hotel for that.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Cheers mate, knew there was something. (y)
What about the classroom & teacher? I'm sure I was notified to visit the couple at the other hotel for that.
That one requires visiting Richard and Libby at the Royal Stag at reputation level 3. Libby will tell you to contact her after you've renovated the study. Then you go back to the Stag and talk to Richard and Libby again and Amanda shows up the next day (provided it's a weekday). But I don't remember if there was a hint for that.

Reactions: TheDevian

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
That one requires visiting Richard and Libby at the Royal Stag anytime between reputation 1 and 3. Libby will tell you to contact her after you've renovated the study. Then you go back to the Stag and talk to Richard and Libby again and Amanda shows up the next day (provided it's a weekday). But I don't remember if there was a hint for that.
Thanks, I was sure I remembered there being some sort of prompt & it being pretty clear that I needed to go there. (y)

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks, I was sure I remembered there being some sort of prompt & it being pretty clear that I needed to go there. (y)
You're welcome. I just went through a new save and I'm not seeing any hints about getting Amanda to train the staff, but it's still at level 1 with only Julia and Amber on staff at the moment.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Exectly where are you told that?
There you go mate. See above.
You get notification about Anikka by hovering over her image in the staff screen & it tells you what to do to unlock her.
Classroom you're told, as part of dialogue with Libby, that you need to go back and talk to her once you've renovated the room.(y)
I thought it might've been dialogue.

Last edited:

Vezzeli

Nov 4, 2017
Are gamer these days so helpless, that when game say you need to explore, you still want game tell you everything? EXPLORE! Julia(mom) says in the beginning when map is introduce that you should explore because we need more girl in the future and who knows what you can find. So explore!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Are gamer these days so helpless, that when game say you need to explore, you still want game tell you everything? EXPLORE! Julia(mom) says in the beginning when map is introduce that you should explore because we need more girl in the future and who knows what you can find. So explore!
I generally agree with your sentiment. But - not talking about MyMa here - it is easy to get lost in options if you have a certain amount, and when only using 10 of the 12 for a long while, getting into the groove and all that, it is easy to forget the other two. So I can understand how a minor prod every now and then would be welcome.

Specifically in MyMa however, I echo whichone's experience, didn't have any problem so far to advance everything and get everybody. Probably wouldn't have noticed that guests (well, Wilbur) are now able to talk to you without reading this thread. Then again, in the finished game the whole setup would be different, you would have many options from the beginning and thus explore them more than in the incremental "another option added" version we're getting here.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
That one requires visiting Richard and Libby at the Royal Stag at reputation level 3. Libby will tell you to contact her after you've renovated the study. Then you go back to the Stag and talk to Richard and Libby again and Amanda shows up the next day (provided it's a weekday). But I don't remember if there was a hint for that.
Right. So what prompts the player to go visiting the other hotels at level 3? I agree that once you do go there, everything falls in line. So far as I can tell, there are exactly 2 prompts to go visit the other hotels and both (can and did) show up at level 1: the second mission marker on the MC screen which opens at level 1 and finding the painting in the attic which also happened in level 1 (first visit to the attic, actually).

I went to the other hotels at level 1 enough times to prove the conversations do not change. One conversation suggests coming back after the next update. I noted no conversations suggesting coming back after the hotel is improved. I merrily ignored them after level 1 because there was no reason not to that I could find.

What did I miss?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I generally agree with your sentiment. But - not talking about MyMa here - it is easy to get lost in options if you have a certain amount, and when only using 10 of the 12 for a long while, getting into the groove and all that, it is easy to forget the other two. So I can understand how a minor prod every now and then would be welcome.

Specifically in MyMa however, I echo whichone's experience, didn't have any problem so far to advance everything and get everybody. Probably wouldn't have noticed that guests (well, Wilbur) are now able to talk to you without reading this thread. Then again, in the finished game the whole setup would be different, you would have many options from the beginning and thus explore them more than in the incremental "another option added" version we're getting here.
I did explore. The WIP game suggested coming back after the next update. No reason to waste time going back. Just like to the gnome/dwarf in the forest. The player has been told his inventory doesn't exist. No reason to wake him up again because that is not exploring -- that's repeating colour content.

Additionally, every other major improvement in personnel and function is extremely well-telegraphed.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019

So can you remember what prompted you to go to the hotels at higher levels then?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
There you go mate. See above.
You get notification about Anikka by hovering over her image in the staff screen & it tells you what to do to unlock her.
Classroom you're told, as part of dialogue with Libby, that you need to go back and talk to her once you've renovated the room.(y)
I thought it might've been dialogue.
You only get the dialogue with Libby (to come back after the room is renovated) once you've gone to the hotel at level 3 to begin with. That dialogue unlocks the renovation. I still know of no prompt getting the player to the other hotels at level 3.

I did not think to hover over the empty staffers. Or the filled ones for that matter.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
You only get the dialogue with Libby (to come back after the room is renovated) once you've gone to the hotel at level 3 to begin with. That dialogue unlocks the renovation. I still know of no prompt getting the player to the other hotels at level 3.

I did not think to hover over the empty staffers. Or the filled ones for that matter.
Yeah, that was pretty much it, really. The dialog between you, Richard and Libby (at level 3 reputation) when Richard asks if the study has been renovated yet. And then once the study is renovated, you give Libby a call to let her know and she agrees to send Amanda over the following weekday morning.

Since Amanda technically is not a staff member, she wouldn't have any other hints for her.

I've got it mentioned in the quick guide in the staff hiring section, but maybe Faerin could reword the tool-tip for the Study just a bit in case you don't have access to the guide.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes