whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You don't get Hana until hotel level 4. I hadn't seen her yet.

Also, I didn't open the instruction room until it almost wasn't necessary any more as there are no prompts to revisit the hotels after the initial forays. I went to both at level 1 a few times, there were no changes to conversations (at least one conversation suggests coming back after the next update) so I stopped going. Thus, Annika wasn't recruited and the instruction room never became available for renovation until almost all skills hit level 4 naturally.

There are also 2 5% bonuses as cards.
Yeah, you said you were at level 3 & struggling to meet massage requirements for low star guests.
Classroom to increase skills is the answer to that situation.
The game tells you to go & visit the couple running the other hotel to get the teacher. It's made abundantly clear. If the player chooses not to do it until it's too late then, to be fair, that's on the player, not the game.
Don't forget, you can still train the skills for the rooms which are not open yet.
Hana's Club skill & Anikka's Yoga can both be raised to 4, in the classroom.

btw while there are only 2 x 5% card bonuses specific to massage, you can still gain another card for a further 5%.
5% for The Herbalist (massage). 5% for The Retainer (massage). 5% for The Courtesan (generic).
5% for Room item (air purifier). 5% for Personal item (massage oil).

is it possible to increase the reputation level to 5 or 4 is the maximum?
4 is currently the maximum.
5 will come when the hotel can reach level 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vezzeli

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Depends on which event that was, I think those are under the MC's progress now.
I missed both recruiting Annika and opening the instruction room until someone mentioned the need to go to the hotels around level 3 here on the forums.

You are prompted to go to one hotel at the beginning and I went to both a few times at level 1. At least one conversation there suggests you should come back next update so I assumed further content wasn't in. Much like the dwarf/gnome trader in the woods who's the same now as he was in 0.1. I noticed nothing in the game suggesting one should go to the hotels partway through. I may have missed it though.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I missed both recruiting Annika and opening the instruction room until someone mentioned the need to go to the hotels around level 3 here on the forums.

You are prompted to go to one hotel at the beginning and I went to both a few times at level 1. At least one conversation there suggests you should come back next update so I assumed further content wasn't in. Much like the dwarf/gnome trader in the woods who's the same now as he was in 0.1. I noticed nothing in the game suggesting one should go to the hotels partway through. I may have missed it though.
Annika's totally said what to do, the only one that might not have a hint was the one to get the study. I can't remember that one, and it may have changed since I did that scene.

Just keep an eye on the progress tab for each character, the hints are very specific.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Annika's totally said what to do, the only one that might not have a hint was the one to get the study. I can't remember that one, and it may have changed since I did that scene.

Just keep an eye on the progress tab for each character, the hints are very specific.
Yeah, opening the classroom is communicated clearly, too.
You're told to go and visit the couple, at the other hotel to where you find Anikka.

Reactions: Bakkalon

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019

Where would I find the hint about Annika? Is there a progress tab for an unrecruited person? Hana was simple. It's built into the progress string for the MC. There was no mention of Annika there.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, opening the classroom is communicated clearly, too.
You're told to go and visit the couple, at the other hotel to where you find Anikka.
Exectly where are you told that? I'm not being snarky, I'm trying to figure out what I missed. I concentrated on the MC's progress line -- the two quest lines -- and the women's lines once I had them acquired. For the MC the bottom quest opens immediately and sends you to the one hotel at level 1. There are no other entries in that quest. If you go immediately, as I did, Annika is not yet present. The top quest is longer and generally concerns improving the hotel. It takes you to Hana, but Annika and the instruction room are not addressed.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Where would I find the hint about Annika? Is there a progress tab for an unrecruited person? Hana was simple. It's built into the progress string for the MC. There was no mention of Annika there.
I don't think the hint is stored anywhere.
When you're told that the room is now available is when you're told to go to the couple, for the teacher, IIRC.
Think it might've just been a pop-up dialogue of MC's thoughts "I should go and visit the wife, she offered me help" or something along those lines.
Anikka I can't remember, I found her just through exploring. Bumped into her in the lobby when I entered the hotel.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I don't think the hint is stored anywhere.
When you're told that the room is now available is when you're told to go to the couple, IIRC.
Up until I went to the hotel and had the scene acquiring Amada's services, the instruction room was labelled "to renovate, follow the story'. I figured the room was meant to upgrade level 4 skills to level 5 and didn't think I missed anything. There was no story taking me to the other hotels. The only indicator to go to the other hotels opens at level 1. Going to them that early gives no indication you should come back after leveling the hotel. The only indicator is the one owner saying he might have more to say after the next update. The lower quest has only the one entry and the two people you talk with do not change conversations if you return multiple times early.

*edit* there is a second reason to visit the other hotels -- finding the painting in the attic which happened on my first visit to it. My conversations with the other owners at level 1 covered both their stories and the painting.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Up until I went to the hotel and had the scene acquiring Amada's services, the instruction room was labelled "to renovate, follow the story'. I figured the room was meant to upgrade level 4 skills to level 5 and didn't think I missed anything. There was no story taking me to the other hotels. The only indicator to go to the other hotels opens at level 1. Going to them that early gives no indication you should come back after leveling the hotel. The only indicator is the one owner saying he might have more to say after the next update. The lower quest has only the one entry and the two people you talk with do not change conversations if you return multiple times early.
I don't know what to say. I had no problem whatsoever & I remember being informed that I needed to do each thing.
Can't remember where, or how it came about.
I remember there being dialogue with the guy's wife where she said she'd help once I got the room up & running, that they'd lend me the teacher for a few days.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I don't know what to say. I had no problem whatsoever & I remember being informed that I needed to do each thing.
Can't remember where, or how it came about.
I remember there being dialogue with the guy's wife where she said she'd help once I got the room up & running, that they'd lend me the teacher for a few days.
That's the scene that opens the instruction room to renovation. I'm trying to find out what prodding I missed to get to there. A couple of people say the hints exist. I didn't find them and am trying to discover exactly where it is. Finding Annika and opening the instruction room would certainly have made a difference to play!

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
That's the scene that opens the instruction room to renovation. I'm trying to find out what prodding I missed to get to there. A couple of people say the hints exist. I didn't find them and am trying to discover exactly where it is.
I can only guess that perhaps you skipped some dialogue that I didn't, I was 100% informed that I needed to visit the couple for the teacher.
TheDevian said above that there was definitely a hint for Anikka, I vaguely remember something but, like I say, can't remember her too clearly, just remember going to the hotel and bumping into her.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I can only guess that perhaps you skipped some dialogue that I didn't, I was 100% informed that I needed to visit the couple for the teacher.
TheDevian said above that there was definitely a hint for Anikka, I vaguely remember something but, like I say, can't remember her too clearly, just remember going to the hotel and bumping into her.
So far as I know, I skipped nothing. Certainly nothing in the hints or quest lines. If you can't remember how you were informed then I have conclude you got lucky and didn't go to the other hotels until late enough that Annika was there. Which really is not 'communicated clearly' as you suggested earlier.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes