sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I tried the game again. It seems reasonable, but a few of points of feedback:

1) I was presented with 3 different "Under Development" destiny cards so I picked one -- and the game immediately crashed. Perhaps those cards should either be stripped from the deck or stubbed to do nothing? It's not like I had a choice at that point.

2) Restaurant service skill grows MUCH more slowly than the rest. Most of the patrons I was serving (and I wasn't picky) didn't want restaurant service. I was stuck with restaurant being a couple of full levels behind the rest.

3) There are a couple of pivotal jobs that have no possible alternate workers. The worst of the lot was Sauna/Gym since having a patron who wanted one during their stay precludes me from supplying a patron that wants the alternate in the same timeslot. That one at least might be considered a 'skilled' position (though how skilled one needs to be to turn on a sauna beggars the imagination). The concierge / lobby position has no one capable of acting as backup. What? No one else can ask for a name and assign a room? The MC can't step in and handle a shift even locked at level 1? I found Judith was pretty locked into that role after level 2 or so -- since the patrons only stay a couple of days, there were very few days where I didn't have empty rooms to fill.

4) Much of the time playing is still "wait for the UI animations to complete" even with animations turned off. This is a pure pad of time played.

5) Massages (this was a far as I got) were problematic from the beginning. The provider isn't particularly skilled and as a level 3? offering, even the laid back patrons expected better than she could provide. This means I'm stuck with semi-satisfied guests and hence reading and picking up every nonsensical cue to provide decent service (who orders 'American' alcohol or 'meat' when you want a burger? You order want you freaking want).

Last edited:
Reactions: Faerin

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
1) I was presented with 3 different "Under Development" destiny cards so I picked one -- and the game immediately crashed. Perhaps those cards should either be stripped from the deck or stubbed to do nothing? It's not like I had a choice at that point.
Seems to be a bug but unrelated to the "Under Development" - the cards are finished, just the graphic isn't, which is what this refers to.

2) Restaurant service skill grows MUCH more slowly than the rest. Most of the patrons I was serving (and I wasn't picky) didn't want restaurant service. I was stuck with restaurant being a couple of full levels behind the rest.
Restaurant certainly is one of the slower growers due to there being two girls to level up, and I have experienced the same problem the first time. However, next time it was sauna, which even fell noticeably behind the gym despite both appearing at the same time using the same girls. So my guess is "random bad luck". Either way, I'd argue that there is no need for all skills advancing at more or less precisely the same speed.

3) There are a couple of pivotal jobs that have no possible alternate workers. The worst of the lot was Sauna/Gym since having a patron who wanted one during their stay precludes me from supplying a patron that wants the alternate in the same timeslot. That one at least might be considered a 'skilled' position (though how skilled one needs to be to turn on a sauna beggars the imagination). The concierge / lobby position has no one capable of acting as backup. What? No one else can ask for a name and assign a room? The MC can't step in and handle a shift?
Apart from the fact that you will get Anikka (or is she called Annika now?) to also help with the sauna and gym, I agree that this does make little logical sense (depending on the job). However we are not talking about "completely unskilled", e. g. with the sauna: what is the guests precise wish, how much water will bring how much steam. But yeah, that can probably be learned easily to give at least a satisfactory result (except for Sophia, there's no "satisfactory" in her vocabulary), same as with reception (where by the way the actual skill is not what you're doing but how you're doing it: efficiently, staying friendly, even with a-hole customers).

But I think from a gameplay perspective it makes sense that the "pivotal" jobs (reception and all the "keeping everything in shape" jobs except for house cleaning) are something to watch, to plan ahead so you can guarantee them working. So it should be more complicated even though in real life you're probably doubling them up quickly.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Seems to be a bug but unrelated to the "Under Development" - the cards are finished, just the graphic isn't, which is what this refers to.
Well then maybe the wording should change to "Pretty picture goes here!" Under development had me believing the card was wholly non-functional/dangerous to choose. This was reinforced the very first time I picked one with the crash to desktop.

Restaurant certainly is one of the slower growers due to there being two girls to level up, and I have experienced the same problem the first time. However, next time it was sauna, which even fell noticeably behind the gym despite both appearing at the same time using the same girls. So my guess is "random bad luck". Either way, I'd argue that there is no need for all skills advancing at more or less precisely the same speed.
Gym and sauna are in direct competition. A small string of luck will pull one ahead of the other.

Amber fell 2 levels behind. I ignored whoever else could cover that role. I'd argue the opposite. You don't need guaranteed advancement, but you should have a general expectation that skills can advance at similar rates overall (so if skill X advances twice as fast, there are twice as many people who need to advance). Kitchen duty can be expected to advance at least twice as quickly as there are 2 different patron preferences it can satisfy. It is possible the expectation is restaurant advances as quickly as bartending and that I experienced a long string a odd luck -- it wouldn't be the first time -- , but it felt more like the restaurant odds were lower. Both the chefs were level 4 and Amber was still level 2 in table waiting. If that expectation doesn't exist then what you have is a bottleneck -- a constraint that affects the advancement of those characters only. And then those skills limit the growth of the hotel at large since you enter a stage where they cannot satisfy the higher tier patrons.

Apart from the fact that you will get Anikka (or is she called Annika now?) to also help with the sauna and gym, I agree that this does make little logical sense (depending on the job). However we are not talking about "completely unskilled", e. g. with the sauna: what is the guests precise wish, how much water will bring how much steam. But yeah, that can probably be learned easily to give at least a satisfactory result (except for Sophia, there's no "satisfactory" in her vocabulary), same as with reception (where by the way the actual skill is not what you're doing but how you're doing it: efficiently, staying friendly, even with a-hole customers)

But I think from a gameplay perspective it makes sense that the "pivotal" jobs (reception and all the "keeping everything in shape" jobs except for house cleaning) are something to watch, to plan ahead so you can guarantee them working. So it should be more complicated even though in real life you're probably doubling them up quickly.
I've used saunas. The users generally get very few choices. Want more water? Toss another ladle on or open the tap. The temperatures have very limited range. The durations are limited (and you would want/need an attendant). But, I'm not talking realism. I get "here's a role you need to cover". I'm just pointing out having more than one person capable of handling a patron facing role makes better sense gameplay wise even if one choice is highly preferred. I avoided sickness, but had Judith become ill, the hotel would shut down.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well then maybe the wording should change to "Pretty picture goes here!" Under development had me believing the card was wholly non-functional/dangerous to choose. This was reinforced the very first time I picked one with the crash to desktop.

Gym and sauna are in direct competition. A small string of luck will pull one ahead of the other.

Amber fell 2 levels behind. I ignored whoever else could cover that role. I'd argue the opposite. You don't need guaranteed advancement, but you should have a general expectation that skills can advance at similar rates overall (so if skill X advances twice as fast, there are twice as many people who need to advance). Kitchen duty can be expected to advance at least twice as quickly as there are 2 different patron preferences it can satisfy. It is possible the expectation is restaurant advances as quickly as bartending and that I experienced a long string a odd luck -- it wouldn't be the first time -- , but it felt more like the restaurant odds were lower. Both the chefs were level 4 and Amber was still level 2 in table waiting. If that expectation doesn't exist then what you have is a bottleneck -- a constraint that affects the advancement of those characters only. And then those skills limit the growth of the hotel at large since you enter a stage where they cannot satisfy the higher tier patrons.

I've used saunas. The users generally get very few choices. Want more water? Toss another ladle on or open the tap. The temperatures have very limited range. The durations are limited (and you would want/need an attendant). But, I'm not talking realism. I get "here's a role you need to cover". I'm just pointing out having more than one person capable of handling a patron facing role makes better sense gameplay wise even if one choice is highly preferred. I avoided sickness, but had Judith become ill, the hotel would shut down.
As far as the crash that occurs when you select one of the cards that are under development, would you mind attaching your player log and an auto save, please so we can look into it? This is the first report we've seen regarding the tarot cards causing the game to crash.

You can find the player log here:
C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Thanks!

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
As far as the crash that occurs when you select one of the cards that are under development, would you mind attaching your player log and an auto save, please so we can look into it? This is the first report we've seen regarding the tarot cards causing the game to crash.

You can find the player log here:
C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Thanks!
Here's the log. I ran and played since so the saves are gone.

I believe the card was titled "Wicked". It gave one character no energy cost. The game exited immediately upon my choice.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Here's the log. I ran and played since so the saves are gone.

I believe the card was titled "Wicked". It gave one character no energy cost. The game exited immediately upon my choice.
Ok, thanks.

When that happened, did you already have the card in your inventory or was that during a reading with Isabella?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Ok, thanks.

When that happened, did you already have the card in your inventory or was that during a reading with Isabella?
During the reading. I was presented with 3 "Under Construction" cards. I examined them all and then picked Wicked as my choice. Game exited immediately.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
During the reading. I was presented with 3 "Under Construction" cards. I examined them all and then picked Wicked as my choice. Game exited immediately.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Any save that you have, even if you've already gone past that point (provided that card isn't in your inventory) will do, just so I can try to replicate the crash.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Any save that you have, even if you've already gone past that point (provided that card isn't in your inventory) will do, just so I can try to replicate the crash.
Hmm. I have a save from "before" (i.e. a new game earlier than having earned any cards) -- I wanted to use the same name in a new game and so was forced to delete my old profile.

I am happy to collect and send a save and log if it happens again though.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hmm. I have a save from "before" (i.e. a new game earlier than having earned any cards) -- I wanted to use the same name in a new game and so was forced to delete my old profile.

I am happy to collect and send a save and log if it happens again though.
If you can, that would be great. Thank you. :)

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017

Only as a general consideration, kitchen skill and the bar one (when club will be available) will take "twice" the experience than other jobs.
That's because they are the only two jobs that must serve their guests demand (for kitchen and bar) but also they are needed to have a girl also if you have a restaurant or club (in future) demand, so those skills will be take more xp than other ones.
For the rest, that's depend from gameplay to gameplay and the random requests that a guest can ask you.

Forgot to mention that you can also set a girl in the study to increase their skills, so you can avoid to take a guest demand to increase those skills that you feel that take more time to increase their level

Last edited:

Barbol

Feb 10, 2019
Tal vez alguien pueda ayudarme No puedo avanzar del nivel 3, me piden un requisito de 99999999999999 para acceder al nivel 4
Esta es una web de habla inglesa, te agradeceriamos te dirigieras a los miembros de esta web escribiendo tus mensajes en ingles, aunque sea usando el traductor, y de esta menera te podremos ayudar.

This is an English-speaking website, we would appreciate it if you would address the members of this website by writing your messages in English, even using the translator, and in this way we can help you.

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

Reactions: Sycho and Cartageno

Derbaer

Aug 12, 2018
I don't know if anyone has written it already, but it would be nice to warn the player before taking in Hana. Over the whole time I could not generate enough money to pay for the security and now, well, all my guests are getting robbed and I can't do anything about it, because I don't have security.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
I don't know if anyone has written it already, but it would be nice to warn the player before taking in Hana. Over the whole time I could not generate enough money to pay for the security and now, well, all my guests are getting robbed and I can't do anything about it, because I don't have security.
i mean ideally you just wouldn't be able to hire her if you don't have the security room. She'd say something like "but you don't have a security room yet"

RuslanKSK

Mar 20, 2021
Привет. Помогите, пожалуйста. Активация чита не удалась, укажите полный путь.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Only as a general consideration, kitchen skill and the bar one (when club will be available) will take "twice" the experience than other jobs.
That's because they are the only two jobs that must serve their guests demand (for kitchen and bar) but also they are needed to have a girl also if you have a restaurant or club (in future) demand, so those skills will be take more xp than other ones.
For the rest, that's depend from gameplay to gameplay and the random requests that a guest can ask you.

Forgot to mention that you can also set a girl in the study to increase their skills, so you can avoid to take a guest demand to increase those skills that you feel that take more time to increase their level
I can't open the study. Almost all <"level 3" (non-restaurant) skills are at 4, but the study says I still need to follow the story to rebuild it. I figured it was for moving skills up to level 5 or something,

I've followed the paths on the MC -- talked to the owner of the one hotel, and completed the level 3 exploration of Mystwood. The hotel is about to move to level 4. Even if the study opens immediately, the only skills that it can improve will be restaurant, massage, and pool. I assume security, study, yoga, and club will be skills on other workers that might need improvement.

Last edited:

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I can't open the study. Almost all <"level 3" (non-restaurant) skills are at 4, but the study says I still need to follow the story to rebuild it. I figured it was for moving skills up to level 5 or something,

I've followed the paths on the MC -- talked to the owner of the one hotel, and completed the level 3 exploration of Mystwood. The hotel is about to move to level 4. Even if the study opens immediately, the only skills that it can improve will be restaurant, massage, and pool. I assume security, study, yoga, and club will be skills on other workers that might need improvement.
You have to go to Royal Stug for renew the study, and it requires also hotel level 3 to be renewed.
Also the study will upgrade the lowest skill a girl has, so, for example, we pick up Anikka she has the Yoga skill (that can't be increased right now because the room can't be renewesd), but with the study you can level up to 4.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes