DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Dont think you get my point, is not about a dev know what is good enough, is about people like you and me think is good enough.... thats the problem, lewdlab did take 6 months before the 1st released, it still have bugs and all that so another month to fix that, another release after 2 months more did show him that people were not happy about the content and that each update was a mess, he then ported to renpy and did take even more time... After that he stoped to try doing new mechanics and centered in the game content.

The point is he wasted almost a year just to understand that....
In this game this is not the case but have in mind that this game was released in december and we are at the end of April, so about 4 months on mechanics work for the game. I am in no way criticing him or the game, I personally love it and admire the work he does, he always keep steady updates and never rush to finish a game. But like other games is the people that should help them either with feedback, encouragement and be respectfully but clear if you think a route lacks content, choices, if something feels forced etc (y)
Yeah but lewdlab got into a situation where he trusted a few people too much to be able to deliver something and then got into problems when they could not. faerin is the coder himself as far as I know and more or less knows what he can do. No guarantee though and things can always go wrong. Respectful and argumented feedback will be always welcome though I suspect, though he has no obligation to agree.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Yeah, but when you start doing things like that is never enough or good enough, i say this because i have seen many good devs keep working on mechanics more and more because they did feel it was not perfect.... is easy to lost yourself in that, lewdlab is a good example and what most of the people want is content with the girls, story and ofc sex.
He's still in the early phases of the game, and getting those game mechanics done now is better than later so it would only need polishing in the future. Lewdlab and the ones you probably think of fall into the loop of paying too much attention to this in the later phases of the game.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Yeah but lewdlab got into a situation where he trusted a few people too much to be able to deliver something and then got into problems when they could not. faerin is the coder himself as far as I know and more or less knows what he can do. No guarantee though and things can always go wrong. Respectful and argumented feedback will be always welcome though I suspect, though he has no obligation to agree.
Dunno why you take my message out of context, i think i explained it good enough for you to understand... Really
The lewdlab thing was a example to point out that it was not even necessary for him to center that much on mechanics, that has nothing to do with the situation as i clearly said in my post that this is not the case in Faerin since he got skills etc.
And never did i say he has any obligation to anything, dont take my message out of context.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Dunno why you take my message out of context, i think i explaibed it good ebough for you to understand... Really
The lewdlab thing was a example to point out that it was not even necessary for him to center that much on mechanics, that has nothing to do with the situation as i clearly said in my post that this is not the case in Faerin since he got skills etc.
And never did i say he has any obligation to anything, dont take my message out of context.
Sorry if I was unclear, just meant faerin's situation is different from lewdlabs and he has quite a good trackrecord of listening to people and communicating.

Stonerbank

Aug 25, 2017
He's still in the early phases of the game, and getting those game mechanics done now is better than later so it would only need polishing in the future. Lewdlab and the ones you probably think of fall into the loop of paying too much attention to this in the later phases of the game.
That's a good point. I think at this point most of us are/should be expecting the first few updates to be getting the base game in order. If he did it later on he would have like 5x the people complaining about game polish and only a few renders.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
That's a good point. I think at this point most of us are/should be expecting the first few updates to be getting the base game in order. If he did it later on he would have like 5x the people complaining about game polish and only a few renders.
Exactly. I myself in the camp of story over mechanics, but I take this solution any other day rather than the story development being held back because "update xy this system been changed, update xyz that system has been tweaked so your saves are fucked" ones.

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
The UI doesn't appear. All I get is black fullscreen page when I open the game. The last version i played was 0.0.4. Is it just me or does anyone else have this issue?

Stonerbank

Aug 25, 2017
The UI doesn't appear. All I get is black fullscreen page when I open the game. The last version i played was 0.0.4. Is it just me or does anyone else have this issue?
Are you trying to load an old save? You have to make a fresh game for this update. He did put in changelog though that this or next update will be the last restart. I'm waiting for next update just in case.

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
Are you trying to load an old save? You have to make a fresh game for this update. He did put in changelog though that this or next update will be the last restart. I'm waiting for next update just in case.
I cant even get the the main menu to start fresh or load a save or change settings. I open the game and all I can see is a black screen in fullscreen mode.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Exactly. I myself in the camp of story over mechanics, but I take this solution any other day rather than the story development being held back because "update xy this system been changed, update xyz that system has been tweaked so your saves are fucked" ones.
Yup, thats what Faerin is aiming for sure. Good story, good gameplay and good sex.
As i said in my rating i know this game will be a big step up from moh.
Those that like story will like it. Those that want gameplay will have it and those that are in it for the sex will have such hot ladys waiting to be d... :ROFLMAO: ;) (y)

Reactions: DA22 and larry5168

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
We need a bit more information

What OS are you using, is it up to date
Your graphics card are the drivers up to date

Or join us on Discord and we can help you live

We will get it working for you

Bonewalker

Jul 8, 2018
Launch the game. Opens Unity in fullscreen. Gets to the Warning Adult Content page with the edges running off the screen and I suppose the button to select below what I can view and no ability to scroll. This is version 0.1.0b on Windows 10. GPU driver up to date on widescreen monitor 3440 x 1440. Already removed appdata for Mystwood.

ghost1122

Oct 23, 2019
My virus protection flagged a couple files and quarantined them. had to open virus protection and set to ignore flagged files and worked for me after that.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
My virus protection flagged a couple files and quarantined them. had to open virus protection and set to ignore flagged files and worked for me after that.
I've encountered one player stating that his Windows firewall was blocking the game as well. So that would be another solution to look into. I'd recommend disabling it long enough to load MwM. Re-enabling the firewall shouldn't pose a problem once the game is loaded (though that's never been confirmed).

BadBear

Feb 22, 2020
I've encountered one player stating that his Windows firewall was blocking the game as well. So that would be another solution to look into. I'd recommend disabling it long enough to load MwM. Re-enabling the firewall shouldn't pose a problem once the game is loaded (though that's never been confirmed).
The firewall is due to Unity. Unity always tries to send 'anonymous' data back to it's servers. the warning can be safely blocked/ignored.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes