DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
We need a bit more information

What OS are you using, is it up to date
Your graphics card are the drivers up to date

Or join us on Discord and we can help you live

We will get it working for you
I'm running windows 8.1 enterprise edition 64bit. COREi3 6gb of RAM. Capture1.PNG
My driver is updated to the latest available. The previous version of the game was running without any issue.

My virus protection flagged a couple files and quarantined them. had to open virus protection and set to ignore flagged files and worked for me after that.
My antivirus didnt flag anything and i only blocked the internet connection with firewall like i always do with this game and every other one. but even tried without blocking. didnt work.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I'm running windows 8.1 enterprise edition 64bit. COREi3 6gb of RAM. View attachment 632570
My driver is updated to the latest available. The previous version of the game was running without any issue.

My antivirus didnt flag anything and i only blocked the internet connection with firewall like i always do with this game and every other one. but even tried without blocking. didnt work.
You need to have VS 2015 C++ Redistributable installed:

You will need to uninstall the ones you have and install this first, then update.

Get back to us and tell us if it worked or not or join Discord so we can help you live

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
You need to have VS 2015 C++ Redistributable installed:

You will need to uninstall the ones you have and install this first, then update.

Get back to us and tell us if it worked or not or join Discord so we can help you live
I have that already installed. i did join the discord too so hopefully something will get this sorted.
Capture1.PNG
I really wish his games were on Renpy. Makes life so much easier.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I have that already installed. i did join the discord too so hopefully something will get this sorted.
View attachment 632761
I really wish his games were on Renpy. Makes life so much easier.
Go to Discord now and make yourself known and we can help you, as for this being on Ren'py the UI would be really difficult if not impossible to put on that platform

Last edited:

Quadclops

Jan 5, 2019
Is there any sexual content at this point in the game or is it most mechanics stuff thats been added?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Go to Discord now and make yourself known and we can help you, as for this being on Ren'py the UI would be really difficult if not impossible to put on that platform
I usually stay out of the Ren'Py discussions here or on the MotH thread, because I've made my position known, but this is nonsense.

Ren'Py is backed by Python. You can do just about anything (possibly not make a good FPS) with it. Customizing the UI is easy.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I usually stay out of the Ren'Py discussions here or on the MotH thread, because I've made my position known, but this is nonsense.

Ren'Py is backed by Python. You can do just about anything (possibly not make a good FPS) with it. Customizing the UI is easy.
I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject, that's not sarcasm it's the truth. I wont argue with a coder :)

partemon

Dec 25, 2017
It's a good start, I hope it will go all the way.
The decor is set up, the graphics are correct, I await the rest.

Reactions: Faerin

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017

So do I, as it's mostly people with little to no development experience repeating stuff they have seen other people (usually with just as little experience) say.

However, just because something is possible doesn't make it a good idea.
I don't get the whole Unity vs Renpy discussion to be honest, it's like people are offended when someone says Ren'py is not suited for something.
And so many people, either because they like to troll or are just not very....informed (I'll try to be nice), say this game should be made with Ren'py.

I would like to make something clear:
Ren'py is intended for VN's, so if you are making a straight up VN, I'd recommend it.
However, Ren'py not suited for a game like this (not even close).

Just because a game has pictures and text, doesn't make it a VN.
Sure you can use custom code and make "anything", but that still doesn't mean it's a good idea.
The whole intention of frameworks like these is to reduce the workload, not increase it.
It's like saying you can make a spreadsheet in Word, but that doesn't mean it's just as good as Excel for that purpose.
For all the "offended" people out there: It's not about a Renpy developer being a better or worse person than a Unity developer, it's about making smart (and informed) choices.

/end rant

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
So do I, as it's mostly people with little to no development experience repeating stuff they have seen other people (usually with just as little experience) say.

However, just because something is possible doesn't make it a good idea.
I don't get the whole Unity vs Renpy discussion to be honest, it's like people are offended when someone says Ren'py is not suited for something.
And so many people, either because they like to troll or are just not very....informed (I'll try to be nice), say this game should be made with Ren'py.

I would like to make something clear:
Ren'py is intended for VN's, so if you are making a straight up VN, I'd recommend it.
However, Ren'py not suited for a game like this (not even close).

Just because a game has pictures and text, doesn't make it a VN.
Sure you can use custom code and make "anything", but that still doesn't mean it's a good idea.
The whole intention of frameworks like these is to reduce the workload, not increase it.
It's like saying you can make a spreadsheet in Word, but that doesn't mean it's just as good as Excel for that purpose.
For all the "offended" people out there: It's not about a Renpy developer being a better or worse person than a Unity developer, it's about making smart (and informed) choices.

/end rant
I disagree. There are plenty of sandboxes done in Ren'Py; many of them actually well made. I haven't played MM, but I played MotH a ton - hell, I wrote the original Wine instructions for it. There was nothing in MotH that couldn't have been done (and done well) in Ren'Py. Doing it in Ren'Py would make Mac and Linux versions free, and get rid of the whole VC++ redistributable thing that so many people just don't understand how to do (never mind that the instructions are clear, and are posted a lot...).

Anything that's not compute-intensive I'd rather write in Python. If it is compute intensive, C or C++.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I haven't played MM
If I didn't know any better I'd think that you were trolling ;)
Because making a statement like that without even having played MwM (which is what we are talking about here) is...a bit weird I would say.

Anyway, everyone can have their opinion of course.
I just felt the urge to clarify my point of view for those that would like to read it.

We can agree to disagree.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes