Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
But i want to turn people away from hatred in general, especially when it comes to NTR. It starts with the definition. Said hater, define everything as NTR, which includes another guy. In most cases this is completely wrong. Netori, on the other hand, which is also NTR, doesn't bother them at all. Which proves it's not about NTR at all.
Well, this is another issue. The NTR tag on this forum has a certain definition (it is the MC who is the passive person) which deviates from how NTR is defined from outside of this forum. But the forum definition of course affects how people will talk here.

But yes, it is not a discussion about fairness or hypocrisy - of course in real life it would be severely hypocritical to say "I am allowed to do so but others are not". But in a fantasy - anything goes. I don't have to be fair to others in my power fantasies. (For the record, I dislike it both ways)

But a real war is raging in this forum. Especially from the so-called NTR haters. They discover a scene in a game that they don't like. That is burned as NTR and the eternal flaming starts. They are pretended to have committed a serious crime against them. And they really band together. This not only breaks eternal arguments, but also makes outrageous demands on the developers. Instead of simply accepting that they have decided to put something in there.
Disregarding some of the more extreme cases, where people have complained about NTR even when the girl did nothing more than order a pizza from a male waiter and no relationship whatsoever between the MC has been established in the story, yes, there are quite a few overreacting to actual NTR scenes. One of the questions would be however: was this in line with how the story developed, was this expectable. Because there are a lot of scenes that can severely diminish the enjoyment of a game to a player if it just isn't their thing. A gay sex scene. A futa character. Loli. Rape. Blood and gore. And NTR. Sometimes we do not like the scene but can continue. Sometimes the deal is off. So yes, unhappiness is in order. Complaints only if there was ample reason to believe that NTR would not be included. But in the end the solution would and should be "I don't like this game because of NTR (or the main LI is named like an ex, or whatever other reason), I will stop following it" and not harassing the dev or the people who like the content.

And that is actually a childish behavior that cannot be tolerated. Most of these scenes are avoidable unless a game is designed for them. No problem either, there are enough alternatives, nobody is forced to play anything. Everyone has his own taste, no question. But in this forum fair play must become a matter of course. It cannot be that a group imagines that every product here is tailored to its needs, and then grumble aggressively until they get it.
I agree, but that is a two way street. There is also an aggressive "NTR guerilla" who will drop into any thread of a game which does not include it, will never include it according to the dev, and attack that game and its fans. That's also not okay.

But yes, you are correct, many people would be better off realizing "this game isn't for me, let's move on" instead of being entitled to getting it changed to their every whims. Evern worse than NTR guys on either side are incest lovers (I am one myself). The amount of hatred if a game introduces a female family member which is off limits is next level. The amount of requested "relationship changes" in games where it makes no sense, so you can have a sister to fuck, is way smaller but still mindnumbing.

When I logged into this forum, I am pretty sure that I have been shown rules that I have to adhere to. One of them was respect for others and their tastes. And said haters often lack this respect. I don't know of a single thread about a game with actual or supposed NTR content where these problems do not exist. And I wonder why the admins hardly intervene. Bans really have to be pronounced. This is an adult forum, not a kindergarten. If people can't pull themself together, they don't belong in this forum. It can't be that difficult.

It is absolutely fine to be against a fetish. But to be thoroughly intolerant of him, to insult their fans and to wage war in the entire forum about it, that is not okay.
You are correct that "no kink shaming" is a rule on here. However, I don't think it extends to not being allowed to express you do not like a kink. Or to point out that a suggested or requested kink already has been denied. However, I think it extends to the opposite of "no non kink shaming" - and the "NTR guerilla" mentioned above often also gets overboard, arguing that NTR avoiders are inferior because they have to be insecure people and similar. Most are not that way, neither are the NTR haters, you just only notice the idijits because sensible people mostly just ignore threads of games they don't like and thus are invisible there. Also with other kinks where people regularily state that the fact that they have kink X proves that they are more mature and the others just haven't grown up enough to enjoy it.

In the end though I agree that some more strict moderation could help at times, doesn't even have to be specific rules, just general better behaviour. However, when the mods start working on stuff, I am also not always on board. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I am also not sure how high the percentage of people on this forum apparently not yet adults is, but I am pretty certain it is significant. But that shouldn't be a concern, let's kick 'em out.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Meanwhile, back on topic:
Who's looking forward to progressing the main story with the next update?
While I'm keen to see more of Catalina, but definitely want to know more about what's going on in the actual story!

Hopefully we can progress with the other owners & find out more about what's going on with each of them.
Maybe start figuring out what happened to our Father...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Meanwhile, back on topic:
Who's looking forward to progressing the main story with the next update?
While I'm keen to see more of Catalina, but definitely want to know more about what's going on in the actual story!

Hopefully we can progress with the other owners & find out more about what's going on with each of them.
Maybe start figuring out what happened to our Father...
All for it. Too many games forget the main story. I mean, advancing with the girls is fine and dandy, and the mist is mighty handy (sacrificed grammar for meter there), but what the fugle is going on?

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
All for it. Too many games forget the main story. I mean, advancing with the girls is fine and dandy, and the mist is mighty handy (sacrificed grammar for meter there), but what the fugle is going on?
I'm pretty excited to see where it goes. I was intrigued by the other owners & the paintings & definitely agree that time spent progressing the girls is all nice & everything, but I'm more pleased to see the story develop. (y)

vette19690

Nov 17, 2018
I've copied the mapping and key files as noted above and completetd the intro and Karen . I'm still stuck i 060basic? can I fix this?

vette19690

Nov 17, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions

Before reading the questions, I want to share some suggestions first:
  • Please use latest or version to extract the game
  • Don't extract the new game version over the old one. Please always create a new folder to avoid any problem
  • Don't create path too long, Windows has some issues with long paths
  • If you have any problem with the game please share your game logs so we should understand your problem better
  • If you are using any mods with the game, please don't ask us any support (Sycho larry5168 S3pHiroTh are here for support you for any problem you have with a clean game), but please be kind... arrogant or pretending people aren't welcome here.

Q. Where are my saves? Where I have to copy key.ini or incest patch?
A. The saves are in profile folder, key.ini and incest patch must be copied into the same path where you have extracted the game like you can see in attached screenshot

View attachment 1328059

Q. How to enable Cheat Menu in game?
A. You have to check if, in your game folder, you have the file key.ini or key (depends if you can see files extension), if you haven't it, you have to copy like I have described in point above.
Also you can check if the game has started in Full mode, after the game is started, please check in the bottom right corner what it is written in the brackets.

View attachment 1328107

Also please remember that Cheat Menu is enabled only after the tutorial has been completed, that is when Karen (the first guest you check-in in your hotel) will leave.

Q. How can I transfer my saves from the old game version to the new one?
A. You have to copy profile folder from your old game path to the new one.

Q. When a new game version will be released?
A. The game is released montly based, every last Friday of the month.

Q. Where do I find my game logs?
A. You can find your game logs into this path: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor
Please replace UserName with the Windows account name you have in your PC.
Once you have found Player.log file, please zip it and upload it here with the description of your problem. Please don't copy its file content and upload it here, because it is unreadble.

Q. Why my guests request only kitchen, restaurant and bar jobs, but not other ones?
A. Please remember to check-in guests with higher level than 1.
You have to set Julia in the lobby and then change the number in the top left corner.
The number means the guest level you will check-in, also some number may be blocked because your hotel or Julia lobby skill aren't high enough, the lowest of the two stats win (for example if hotel is level 2 and Julia has lobby skill at level 3, you can pick up only level 2 guests).

View attachment 1328248

Q. Why I can't renew Yoga or Club rooms?
A. For renewing Yoga room, you have to complete Annika's tier 4 2nd event (Being flexible), instead of Club room you have to complete Hana's tier 1 3rd event (A beautiful voice).

Q. The game starts but I don't seen any images, I see only a fog screen or it doesn't load correctly the images
A. Probably you some issues with Visual C++ Runtime, this game requires Visual C++ 2015 x86 Runtime to load images.
Please be aware that if you have already installed Visual C++ Runtime 2017/2019 Runtime, you have to uninstall them first, then please download the latest version from .

Q. The game starts but I see only a black screen
A. Please check what video card you have installed in your system, we have seen report about people who have nVidia 9500/9600 with 21.21.13.4201 driver version that have problem and we don't know how to fix it at the moment.
If you have the same problem, but you don't have one of those cards, please check other solution in the manual created by Sycho in attach

Q. The game crashes when I start it with Windows 7 OS
A. Please try to install this patch and see if it fixes the problem

Q. I can't play Story Mode even if I use key.ini file why?
A. The only mode that is available right now is the Normal Mode, other modes aren't implemented yet.

Q. Which Windows version is supported? Can I play the game on Linux, MacOS, Android or iOS?
A. The game runs from Windows 7 or later OS.

For Android or iOS, it isn't possible to play the game yet and we don't know if Faerin will made any game version for this kind of device.

For Linux and MacOS, you can play the game with latest Wine 6.0.x stable version.

Keep in mind that this kind of configuration isn't officially supported.
A. You have to check if, in your game folder, you have the file key.ini or key (depends if you can see files extension), if you haven't it, you have to copy like I have described in point above.
Also you can check if the game has started in Full mode, after the game is started, please check in the bottom right corner what it is written in the brackets.

GameVersion.png

Also please remember that Cheat Menu is enabled only after the tutorial has been completed, that is when Karen (the first guest you check-in in your hotel) will leave.

I think I've done all if this but I'm still stuck in v0.6.0.9 basic. Can I fix this? I copied my profile from 050. should I scrap/delete the game and re unzip it and start over? Thanks....Joe

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I've copied the mapping and key files as noted above and completetd the intro and Karen . I'm still stuck i 060basic? can I fix this?
As long as you have the key.ini file in the root of your game folder,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
your main screen

Has Karen actually checked out?

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
As long as you have the key.ini file in the root of your game folder,
your main screen

Has Karen actually checked out?
She's still looking to speak to the manager. :p

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I think I've done all if this but I'm still stuck in v0.6.0.9 basic. Can I fix this? I copied my profile from 050. should I scrap/delete the game and re unzip it and start over? Thanks....Joe
You have to copy the key.ini file in the root folder of the game as I have mentioned.
If the game says it is basic it means that file isn't copied.

You can find it in OP as Unlock Key

I forgot to mention that every new game version has its new key.ini file

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
If you mean Sofia you can satisfy her at level 5 because you can achieve 95% satisfaction in every job, but you need cards, upgrades, items and high skill levels for satisfy her.
Don't forget, the lvl 5 Office...
Can only do 85% without that.
HAve anybody had success with an actress? I wish I could satisfy this bitch....
Which level are you struggling with?
For level 5 VIP you must have the Office.
For level 4, or lower, you'll need the room upgrade, plus the items from the attic, plus the relevant cards.
The Courtesan is handy, to add an additional 5% to any job.

Last edited:

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Don't forget, the lvl 5 Office...
Can only do 85% without that.

Which level are you struggling with?
For level 5 VIP you must have the Office.
For level 4, or lower, you'll need the room upgrade, plus the items from the attic, plus the relevant cards.
The Courtesan is handy, to add an additional 5% to any job.
yeah forgot to mention the office, thanks

vette19690

Nov 17, 2018

GameVersion.png

GOT IT!!! Thanks...I had copied the key but forgot to unzip it. It works NOW! Thanks

Reactions: S3pHiroTh

Bugbear32

Jun 3, 2020
I got stuck on Julia scene where MC comes into her room and she gives him a handjob (screenshot the dialog)
The game doesn't freeze, I can still rollback into older dialogues but I can't proceed beyond that point
Having this exact same issue on Linux.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Having this exact same issue on Linux.
Linux isn't officially supported, however I have written how to install Wine and other stuff in the FAQ for playing on Linux.
If none of them work, we can fix your save by editing it like you have done the event so you can go forward in your gameplay

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Linux isn't officially supported, however I have written how to install Wine and other stuff in the FAQ for playing on Linux.
If none of them work, we can fix your save by editing it like you have done the event so you can go forward in your gameplay
In my case the game runs without any problems in wine 6.15 ( development release). OS - Linux Mint 20.2.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes