poodles

Aug 7, 2017
In the meantime, as far as I know, you can use an emulator or something to run it.
Yeah, I think I'm going to Bootcamp it.

Random question for you, if you happen to know: if I uninstall a game on Windows, will the saves still be there if i reinstall?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

Random question for you, if you happen to know: if I uninstall a game on Windows, will the saves still be there if i reinstall?
Depends on the game engine.
Most Ren'Py games will save in the location that you unpacked the game, e.g. D:\Games\Game name\game\saves & they also save in C:\Users\*Username\AppData (hidden folder)\Roaming\RenPy\Game name folder.
So most Ren'Py games can be continued, using the C: drive saves.

This game only saves in the - D:\ Games\Mystwood Manor\profile - folder.
So if you delete the game but retain the "profile" folder, your saves will be OK.

Reactions: poodles

poodles

Aug 7, 2017
Depends on the game engine.
Most Ren'Py games will save in the location that you unpacked the game, e.g. D:\Games\Game name\game\saves & they also save in C:\Users\*Username\AppData (hidden folder)\Roaming\RenPy\Game name folder.
So most Ren'Py games can be continued, using the C: drive saves.

This game only saves in the - D:\ Games\Mystwood Manor\profile - folder.
So if you delete the game but retain the "profile" folder, your saves will be OK.
Thank you!

Reactions: whichone

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

For this game, you need to save your "Profile" folder to keep your saves.

Reactions: poodles

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
There is an "X II" trait after you picked "X", where X is any customer service +5%, giving another 5%. I don't know whether it combines with the star trait however, since I never picked that combo, and since I never picked a "II" trait I wouldn't know whether there possibly is a "III" or even "IV" trait.
Going back to my 'bug report' that seems to have started this conversation. It looks like they don't currently combine.
Job Traits go up to III (15%), there is no rank IV.

I really love the new traits.
The one thing that I always found a bit irritating with this game was the need to constantly swap cards. (I like management games, but I tend to dislike that level of micro-management)
After half a play-through getting a 'feel' for the traits, I whipped out my beloved spreadsheets and planned it all out in advance.
Started over and...
Et viola! No more card swapping. Just need to remember to put MC in office for customer service if Sophia is there.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Going back to my 'bug report' that seems to have started this conversation. It looks like they don't currently combine.
Ah, my statement was ambiguous. I agree that they apparently do not add up correctly currently. What I meant was: I don't know whether there still is a "II" choice (or "III" choice) on traits adding bonuses to your star trait. I guess there will be, why code an exception, I just don't know because I never tried.

fufu123

Dec 7, 2017
guys can someone help ? game keeps crashing at laura tier 3 , part 3 massage event especially on animation period

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
guys can someone help ? game keeps crashing at laura tier 3 , part 3 massage event especially on animation period
Okay could you post your Player log here thanks
Press the Windows key + r type in %appdata% and then navigate to
C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes