OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Hello all here is the next release of Mystwood Manor v0.1.1c

N.B: v0.1.0 saves can be used with this version just copy your profile folder from the previous version.

So all of you please

Enjoy and Take Care

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

monroe could you please update the OP Thanks
Please consider using the report button to report game updates.... the staff/mods might be busy, so tagging them is not advised as they would be dealing with something else...

Thank you :D

Last edited:

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Judging by the changelog I'll probably sit this one out and hope the next update brings more substantial improvements.

Reactions: parqueo

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
The grind has started to seep into this game and it's not really for the best. You need both the restaurant and the bar if you want to accommodate the full panel of guests, but they cost far too much relative to how much money each new guest brings in. Even with two guests at a time (which also takes a considerable amount of cash) it'll take several in-game weeks before you can afford to upgrade everything, and honestly there just isn't enough fun in the management system to make it worth it. Picking one of three very obvious options for food/drink gets old fast.

The new events are very nice albeit short, and I'm digging the slow burn of the lore drops. There's the framework of an outstanding game developing here, but just too short on content and gameplay at the moment.

Some suggestions:

- Less expensive buildings at the start or more cash per guest, and have the upgrades be more expensive. I feel like guest variety should come before the challenge of juggling multiple guests.
- Increase the variety of things to do with each station. I'm not sure what the long-term plan is for room service, but there should be a larger variety of dishes to choose from at the very least; if nothing else, your players will learn a bevy of French and Italian recipes! You should leave the guest instructions on the same dialogue slide as the food choices, too. Ideally there'd be a Cooking Mama-esque mini-game that keeps the player engaged since we'll clearly be spending a lot of time making food, but I know that's not the sort of thing one can plan and implement in a couple of weeks.
- The "Do Nothing" button should probably be a one-click option, maybe next to "Continue"? It'd streamline the process once a player doesn't have any immediate events to explore.
- Animations really need to be sped up, as well as the dialogues with guests following their initial interactions. There's much too large of a delay when switching between management and player screens. The time transitions are cute, but after the third or fourth time hearing the violin it gets old. I spent a large part of my playtime holding down the Ctrl button, which speaks to the amount of redundancy present at the moment.

Bugs:

- There's an odd repeat of the final dialogue box when leaving exploration events sometimes. Most often it happens when hitting some sort of dead end, like when trying to check with a staff member who doesn't have a story event lined up at that time.

mncub31

Nov 1, 2017
Patch instructions say just copy Mapping file to the game data but it doesn't work. Is it out of date or does it need to go somewhere else?

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
no but your mom does
i spoke to her yesterday about it
and she is worried why you are hanging out so much with boys
That was weak, but so was the comment you were replying to.

On a more serious note, before Mystwood Manor Faerin developed Man of the House, one of the few decent western adult games that were actually finished. So you might want to keep a dev's track record in mind before running your mouth.

If you can do it better, by all means go ahead. But a piracy forum isn't really the place to question a dev's commitment, unless you actually have something of your own to show how to do it better.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
The grind has started to seep into this game and it's not really for the best.
I haven't touched the management aspect at all this update (as stated in the changelog) and have recently put up a poll addressing some of the issues you mentioned.
The dialogs for the guests will get a big overhaul (hopefully) making them more interesting and substantial and being able to skip them once you have completed them once successfully...or at least, that's the plan.

There will be more girls to hire and ways to increase income, but the game is still in an early stage and I wanted to focus on content for this update, because ironically enough, people asked for that when I was focusing on gameplay (welcome to the life of a dev ;)).

That being said, I do agree on the grind and if there's one thing that I'm dead set on with this game it's preventing it from turning into a grindfest.
The thing is: it just takes a lot time to develop a game like this and as I can only do so much each update.

Sadly I'm not as proficient as @pgice (btw are you for hire? I'd love to work with you, you sound amazing!)

Hopefully in the next 1-2 updates I'll be able to tackle this part of the game and improve it.
Thanks for the elaborate feedback, I appreciate it!

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes