helenalove

Jan 3, 2018
I am really missing affection in this game, most of the relationships feel more like transactions.
It also doesnt help that basically half of the relationship building is done by the mist clones.

It is also kinda weird that the nearly all of the choices are yes/no choices if you even want to progress with an event (which you actually need to progress to get more), which does not really make sense to me.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I am really missing affection in this game, most of the relationships feel more like transactions.
It also doesnt help that basically half of the relationship building is done by the mist clones.

It is also kinda weird that the nearly all of the choices are yes/no choices if you even want to progress with an event (which you actually need to progress to get more), which does not really make sense to me.
I have to agree with most of what you said, except for the part about the "mist clones" (they only appear in very few interactions, nowhere near half of them).

We were talking about this on Discord last week, and I do agree that MwM lacks character building (MotH had much more of this) and that most dialog choices are not impactful.
Granted, MotH was more of a VN than MwM is.
I have put more energy and focus into gameplay this time, but I do feel character building is important and is left behind a bit in MwM.

This will, at the very least, give me a good indication how well both games do on Steam & Patreon and help me to hopefully take the "best of both games" for my next game.

helenalove

Jan 3, 2018
I have to agree with most of what you said, except for the part about the "mist clones" (they only appear in very few interactions, nowhere near half of them).
Ah sorry for being unclear there I didn't mean that they appear to often, I actually kinda liked how the MC is aware of that they represent the desires of the people brought to "life" by the mist.
I just meant that we do not really know for sure what the others see and do with the clones, other than what they tell us, so I meant that they are kinda doing the relationship building offscreen^^

And yeah I did not mean to only be negative^^ I definitely really like that there are costumes for every job for every relationship level, which is honestly a fuckton of work you put in there.
Love all the little cut ins of all the characters doing their respective jobs.
I really wish I could visit them without using a turn when they have no heart event, since those room pictures with the girls hanging out there are also a beautiful touch that you generally don't get to see because usually you can use the turns more productively.
And the Amber relationship is already really good and feels very wholesome after the reconcilliation.

But yeah I definitely think it is all around a very good game, especially the main story is very gripping.
Even though I am usually not into gmilfs that much, I think Emily is very attractive and shaping up to be a really cool character.

It is definitely a mammoth project and many things can be added more easily after you are set with the core that is the management sim, so I can totally see why that is the main focus and it is probably gonna pay off in the future.

so yeah tl/dr: thank you for the answer, my concerns have been eliminated^^

Reactions: Faerin

mcguill

May 10, 2020
are there any plans for characters from man of the house appear and do scenes in this game?
Just played the first game and Emma got too few content, Veronica would be nice too.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
are there any plans for characters from man of the house appear and do scenes in this game?
Just played the first game and Emma got too few content, Veronica would be nice too.
I suppose they could appear as a special guests in the post game, but i doubt they'll get more than a cameo to be honest.

FullyAnimated

Jul 17, 2019
I like the game and the models/graphics are great. The limiting factor with this game I feel is the lack of interaction with the female characters. Most of the time they are interacting with the guests instead of the MC. If this could be tweaked so that the MC is involved with the girls and the guest interactions, the character building would be enhanced ie he could be a helper or second hand for example.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
it's hard to level up in yoga if no one goes there. Does the debug no longer exist?
If you don't pick up level 5 guests it's hard that you will check-in any guests that request yoga or club.
The game works without any problems about requesting Yoga or any other services in the game.

Reactions: Sycho and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
it's hard to level up in yoga if no one goes there. Does the debug no longer exist?
The debug breaks the game when used to cheat.
People only go there when you set the guest level high enough when you assign Julia to the Desk.
You can train the skill in the study.

Reactions: Grordan and Sycho

dantes0

Oct 20, 2017
Five posts before yours is the answer...

We were talking about this on Discord last week, and I do agree that MwM lacks character building (MotH had much more of this) and that most dialog choices are not impactful.
Granted, MotH was more of a VN than MwM is.
I have put more energy and focus into gameplay this time, but I do feel character building is important and is left behind a bit in MwM.

This will, at the very least, give me a good indication how well both games do on Steam & Patreon and help me to hopefully take the "best of both games" for my next game.
when will the game be updated?

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes