Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a few more testers to join the test team.
This entails checking for bugs and typos, as well as providing feedback on gameplay balance.

There are usually 3-4 test cycles that last about 2-3 days each, during the last 2 weeks of every month. So you'll have to be able to free up a some time during those periods.

If this is something you think you would enjoy, please send me a message on .

Thanks!
Faerin

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
So.. I screwed up my traits because I wasn't paying attention. Because I screwed up, I decided to fix it so I wouldn't have to go through the grind again. To do that, I wrote a utility. Use it if you want/need. I will NOT be adding anything to this - the author of the game already has a cheat menu, and nothing else (that I'm aware of) can be screwed up without a way to fix. I hope that at some point in the future the author adds a way for people to reset or change a specific trait (perhaps for a large and ever-increasing monetary fee).

This tool does NOT remove the "Loyal" trait, or any of the 3(?) other three fixed traits. It DOES remove the "Disappointed" trait, but you will NOT get a trait point to spend for it.

This tool will likely not be updated, as I suspect the dev might break it (I don't blame him/her) and I'm not wanting to get into a cat-and-mouse scenario here. It does require .NET 3.5, so as long as you're running Windows 7 or newer you should be fine.

Side note for the dev, if they're watching: being able to go back after you click the "play" button would be nice. My screw up was partially hindered by not being able to go back after clicking that. I set the wrong trait, clicked the "play" button .. couldn't go back so I went forward at night (leading to the next day), auto-save overwritten so I couldn't use it to go back. My clicking of the play button was due to not paying attention. I had just unlocked Catalina and at that moment my brain decided the play button was not a button to advance the timeline (which I was not ready to do anyway), but a button to scroll and see more girls since it was situated right beside the portraits. Good game otherwise. Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: JiiEf

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
So.. I screwed up my traits because I wasn't paying attention. Because I screwed up, I decided to fix it so I wouldn't have to go through the grind again. To do that, I wrote a utility. Use it if you want/need. I will NOT be adding anything to this - the author of the game already has a cheat menu, and nothing else (that I'm aware of) can be screwed up without a way to fix. I hope that at some point in the future the author adds a way for people to reset or change a specific trait (perhaps for a large and ever-increasing monetary fee).

This tool does NOT remove the "Loyal" trait, or any of the 3(?) other three fixed traits. It DOES remove the "Disappointed" trait, but you will NOT get a trait point to spend for it.

This tool will likely not be updated, as I suspect the dev might break it (I don't blame him/her) and I'm not wanting to get into a cat-and-mouse scenario here. It does require .NET 3.5, so as long as you're running Windows 7 or newer you should be fine.

Side note for the dev, if they're watching: being able to go back after you click the "play" button would be nice. My screw up was partially hindered by not being able to go back after clicking that. I set the wrong trait, clicked the "play" button .. couldn't go back so I went forward at night (leading to the next day), auto-save overwritten so I couldn't use it to go back. My clicking of the play button was due to not paying attention. I had just unlocked Catalina and at that moment my brain decided the play button was not a button to advance the timeline (which I was not ready to do anyway), but a button to scroll and see more girls since it was situated right beside the portraits. Good game otherwise. Thanks!
You can remove the Disappointed trait by simply give the red pill to the girl at evening so she will take it during the night... you have created a tool which is useless and can create more harm than good...

Reactions: EmperorGus

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
You can remove the Disappointed trait by simply give the red pill to the girl at evening so she will take it during the night... you have created a tool which is useless and can create more harm than good...
I see your ability to take a single note about a utility and turn it into the sole purpose of the software is.. impeccable. All the words before I mentioned "Disappointed" .. do have a meaning. This utility was not written with Disappointed in mind at all, as it was a non-factor for my save. However, giving the information that it COULD remove that trait .. is giving information. Further, had I written it to specifically remove the Disappointed trait it's not difficult to figure out exactly what ID that trait has (it's 301), so why write it to remove ALL traits except those with IDs: 1,2,3 and 300? Congrats on a useless post. Also, do not speak of what "harms" the utilty may or may not do. You obviously have no clue what it does, nor did you look at the image provided. Removing integers from an xml file is not a heavy task. This tool is the smallest utility I have ever created.. because the task at hand is extremely straight forward, and extremely simple. Creating a backup of the save BEFORE you write to the save file (as is clearly indicated in the image) ... completely negates any worry you may have.

Instead of going around trying to shit on people for providing tools to the community to fix certain things, perhaps consider the idea that you're not as smart as you might think you are.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I see your ability to take a single note about a utility and turn it into the sole purpose of the software is.. impeccable. All the words before I mentioned "Disappointed" .. do have a meaning. This utility was not written with Disappointed in mind at all, as it was a non-factor for my save. However, giving the information that it COULD remove that trait .. is giving information. Congrats on a useless post. Also, do not speak of what "harms" the utilty may or may not do. You obviously have no clue what it does, nor did you look at the image provided. Removing integers from an xml file is not a heavy task. This tool is the smallest utility I have ever created.. because the task at hand is extremely straight forward, and extremely simple. Creating a backup of the save BEFORE you write to the save file (as is clearly indicated in the image) ... completely negates any worry you may have.

Instead of going around trying to shit on people for providing tools to the community to fix certain things, perhaps consider the idea that you're not as smart as you might think you are.
S3pHiroTh and I actually work with Faerin on this game (testing, game/technical support). As much as I hate to bust your bubble and damage your fragile ego, I think we have a much better understanding of what does/doesn't work when it comes to mods and this particular game than you do. IOW, we've been doing this for quite some time now (I, myself, have been on staff for four years). We've seen and heard it all before, so you certainly aren't the first person that's taken issue with being called out on a mod.

Mods for this game have and WILL break the game, regardless how much thought and care you put into creating your mod. How do we know? Like I said above, "we've seen and heard it all before". If you don't believe me, I suggest taking advantage of the "search" function on this site and look through the thread. Every mod here can and will break your saves. So if you're stupid enough to use any of the mods floating around the thread and run into problems as a result, we will refuse any support. Period. It's not up for debate or discussion. You break it, it's your fault not ours or the dev's.

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
S3pHiroTh and I actually work with Faerin on this game (testing, game/technical support).
Appeal to authority denied. Don't care.
As much as I hate to bust your bubble and damage your fragile ego, I think we have a much better understanding of what does/doesn't work when it comes to mods
This is not a mod. Stopped reading this paragraph there.
Mods for this game
This is not a mod.

Goodbye.

Sidenote: With these kinds of people "working on" this game, I'm starting to wonder why I would ever contribute to it. Thankfully I'm already done contributing. Two people "working on" the game trying to shit on people contributing with absolutely incorrect ideas and information when that information is right before their eyes? Yikes.

Last edited:
Reactions: selectivepaperclip

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Don't care.

This is not a mod. Stopped reading this paragraph there.

This is not a mod.

Goodbye.
Anything that makes adjustments to a game that were not already in place is considered, by definition, a modification. Dumbass.

I'm gonna break it down slowly so you can understand.. What you are offering is a way to REMOVE "Disappointed" from the character's traits within the game (a modification) when there is already an item WITHIN the game that will already do exactly that WITHOUT the need for your skriptkiddie mod.

Last edited:

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020

:FacePalm:
Why create a mod for something that's already in the game?
You could have saved yourself a significant amount a typing if you'd just read the patch notes.
vvv
Fizwill has (finally) brought some wares to sell:
  • Added 1 new item that allows you to reset all selected trait points.
  • Added 1 new item that allows you to lose one random negative trait.
edit:
Opps. Didn't read the next page before replying.
People too stupid to recognize their own stupidity are really frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
There is no mod here. Let me guess, you also help this dev.
Can you not read your own f-n forum signature?
Anything that modifies game files is a 'mod'.

And you don't even have the grace to admit you were wrong to go off on this little rant.
Even after it's been pointed out that the game already has a built-in feature to do what your mod does.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

And you don't even have the grace to admit you were wrong to go off on this little rant.
Even after it's been pointed out that the game already has a built-in feature to do what your mod does.
Mic drop. :ROFLMAO:

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
Holy shit the number of people who have absolutely no clue what a "mod" is, is too damn high.

Alright, I'll break it down for you. A mod changes how a game works. It COULD do that through changing game files. It COULD do that by injecting things into memory, adding new rpy files inside a renpy game directory, or a few other ways. The term does not REQUIRE a modification to the game's files at all. A tool is not a mod. A tool can ALSO change game files... but if it does not change how the game works, it's not a mod. Also, to be clear on my github; everything on there is a mod. The Kalmidori software injects values into memory that change how the game works (you do not need to discover items if you add them via that software, for example). Despite that, though, I did not use the term "mod" in my signature... on purpose.

I'm done with this thread. Too many idiots.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Holy shit the number of people who have absolutely no clue what a "mod" is, is too damn high.

Alright, I'll break it down for you. A mod changes how a game works. It COULD do that through changing game files. It COULD do that by injecting things into memory, adding new rpy files inside a renpy game directory, or a few other ways. The term does not REQUIRE a modification to the game's files at all. A tool is not a mod. A tool can ALSO change game files... but if it does not change how the game works, it's not a mod. Also, to be clear on my github; everything on there is a mod. The Kalmidori software injects values into memory that change how the game works (you do not need to discover items if you add them via that software, for example). Despite that, though, I did not use the term "mod" in my signature... on purpose.

I'm done with this thread. Too many idiots.
Aww.. Look at you.. all rage quitting and what not.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
So if you're stupid enough to use any of the mods floating around the thread and run into problems as a result, we will refuse any support. Period. It's not up for debate or discussion. You break it, it's your fault not ours or the dev's.
even if you're right, you don't need to be so aggro about it.

The person posted a little utility they made themselves for their own dumb problem. Who cares?

• Angry
Reactions: JiiEf

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I see your ability to take a single note about a utility and turn it into the sole purpose of the software is.. impeccable. All the words before I mentioned "Disappointed" .. do have a meaning. This utility was not written with Disappointed in mind at all, as it was a non-factor for my save. However, giving the information that it COULD remove that trait .. is giving information. Further, had I written it to specifically remove the Disappointed trait it's not difficult to figure out exactly what ID that trait has (it's 301), so why write it to remove ALL traits except those with IDs: 1,2,3 and 300? Congrats on a useless post. Also, do not speak of what "harms" the utilty may or may not do. You obviously have no clue what it does, nor did you look at the image provided. Removing integers from an xml file is not a heavy task. This tool is the smallest utility I have ever created.. because the task at hand is extremely straight forward, and extremely simple. Creating a backup of the save BEFORE you write to the save file (as is clearly indicated in the image) ... completely negates any worry you may have.

Again, it is useless because there is already in game a method to remove any negative traits and I have explained how (not only Disappointed trait but any future ones), so why create an utility?

Reactions: larry5168 and Sycho

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020

The person posted a little utility they made themselves for their own dumb problem. Who cares?
Ummm...
Did you not read what he quoted?
The 'aggro' you're chastising him for was in reaction to the 'aggro' of the other poster.
If you're sincerely trying to 'inject some calm' into the exchange of insults that got triggered;
Maybe start with acknowledging Skinners fault and suggest the merit of 'being the bigger man' and letting his insults slide.
But attacking someone for 'being so aggro' when, in fact, he was only defending an associate is only throwing fuel on the fire.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

It's simply because every time a mod is used by someone else and a game gets messed up because of it, who do you think that player is going to go to for help? The person sharing a mod or the guys that work on the team? They're going to go to the latter, reporting it as a "bug" when the "bug" was caused by using the mod. We know this to be a fact, because we have seen it more often than you think. And frankly, we're a little tired of having to look at a save that's been modded. That's why we ask.. "are you using a mod?" If they say they are, they're immediately refused. Most people say yes, a small few have said no. It's not our "job" to clean up someone else's mess they made because they couldn't use what's already provided in the game.

It's really not that difficult. Hell, there's more additions to the game to make it easier to play than it was updates back. There's also a pretty thorough guide I keep updated as well. Let's not forget there's access to the cheats console. So you tell me, with all that.. items, cards, traits, etc.. WTH do you need a mod for? It's a bit redundant, don't you think? Most people who have an issue with something in the game ask.. that's why we're active in the thread. Otherwise, what point is it being here? Entertainment?

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes