sonic

Apr 29, 2017
I think I found a Bug. I renovated the sauna before the fitness room. This caused the maintenace meter to show up but I don't have anyone for maintenance. Since all my facilities started to shut down I checked here on the thread and cheated the money needed to pay for the fitness room as I hoped Kay would show up to solve my problem. Instead the high amount of money triggered the bank guy to come over and Kay never showed up afterwards.

I had bad save maintainance and was relying on the autosave. Do I have to start over?

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I think I found a Bug. I renovated the sauna before the fitness room. This caused the maintenace meter to show up but I don't have anyone for maintenance. Since all my facilities started to shut down I checked here on the thread and cheated the money needed to pay for the fitness room as I hoped Kay would show up to solve my problem. Instead the high amount of money triggered the bank guy to come over and Kay never showed up afterwards.

I had bad save maintainance and was relying on the autosave. Do I have to start over?
Can you attach your save, please?

sonic

Apr 29, 2017
Here's your save back Kay is hired and Maintenance is back at 100%
thx

I don't know if or how much Faerin is on this thread but I'm still wondering ,if it is intended to be possible to get into a deadlock position if you buy the facilities in the wrong order?

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
thx

I don't know if or how much Faerin is on this thread but I'm still wondering ,if it is intended to be possible to get into a deadlock position if you buy the facilities in the wrong order?
It's not, that should never happen.
Should be fixed now.

Thanks for reporting it!

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Hey guys,
This month's update is scheduled for the 31st.
(I may move it forward one day, but I'll let you all know beforehand.)

As decided in the , v0.7.3 will feature new content for Hana, Julia and Amber as well as some new guest events.
In the mean time, here's a small teaser!

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
thx

It's not, that should never happen.
Should be fixed now.

Thanks for reporting it!
Doh. That just reminded me of something I forgot to mention before.
There's a bit of a situation with Hana & the Security office.

The first time I hired her I ended up in a 'death spiral'.
Hadn't renovated Security yet, and wasn't even close having the cash to do so. Security rating tanked and started losing guests.
Which makes it hard to earn the cash to renovate...

Admittedly, I didn't play the loop all the way through to see if it could be recovered from. As soon I saw it starting to happen I went back to a save from a few game days earlier.
In subsequent playthroughs I've simply avoided stepping on that landmine. Since I knew it was there I just waited to do the 2nd Sherriff's office event till after I've renovated Security.

But it's bound to be something that'll catch (and frustrate) most new players.
So, I'd suggest adjusting the dialogue in 'An ominous letter' to something along the lines of "I should renovate our security cameras ASAP, then go see the sheriff."
And set 'Against the law' to unlock after renovating security, instead of simply unlocking after 'An ominous letter'.

Other feedback:
Economy:
I've done a handful of playthroughs since hotel lvl 5 was possible. And I'm always frustrated with the fact that hotel levels are unlocking well ahead of my ability to buy the renovations for the rooms of that level.
I'm aware this could just be my approach to the game. So I'm trying to suggest something that increases flexibility for all players.

As a 'first pass' economy adjustment:
Increase the guests cash payouts and lower the reputation points (and destiny points?). Let players use the Wishing Well to balance their cash/RP/DP as they see fit.
I'd also suggest making sure new players find the well early in the game. Add explore icon(s) that'll lead to the well in the first few days. And maybe make sure Orville is the 2nd guest.

If cashflow overshoots the mark, the economy can be adjusted again closer to game completion using the Banker (cash sink).

Catalina:
I'm not a fan of needing to renovate the club to hire her.
It's already late in the game, then I've got to wait even longer while she trains in the study enough to be useful anyplace other then the Club.
Also, it pushes me to skip the Yoga studio that I'd rather be renovating first.

I'm of the opinion that she should, at least, become available upon reaching hotel 5.
Ideally, I'd like to see her unlock after renovating the Pool.
In either case the change to dialogue is about the same "We plan on renovating our club & yoga soon, in the meantime we could certainly use you around the pool."
In the case of unlocking at the pool, probably should adjust her starting skills to something like: 4 pool, 3 yoga, 4 club.

KylarStern

Apr 21, 2018
Soon TM. I asked Faerin about this after the last update. He said he was trying to get it into the last update (Nov) but ran out of time, so we MAY just see her tier 5 outfit this upcoming patch. If not the Dec update, than I'd put money on it being released in Jan update by the latest.
Rereading my original comment I realized it could have come across wrong; I wasn't trying to sound demanding, just go for a humorous approach to how the poor girl feels left behind. But I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with her. Thanks for the information.

JimmyJazz69

Jul 3, 2020
Hi everyone. Maybe this was already clarified here, but I could not find any reference to it: what is the purpose of the "fog" Tarot cards...? I mean, what do they do...?

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Hi everyone. Maybe this was already clarified here, but I could not find any reference to it: what is the purpose of the "fog" Tarot cards...? I mean, what do they do...?
They don't do anything.
They're there as placeholders to fill out any empty positions in the draw when you're down to only a few possible cards remaining at that level of card.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
Hey, just curious if this game is still on track to be finished around June or if there will probably need to be more than 7 more updates or if I should just shut up and not ask questions?

• Haha
Reactions: Sycho

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The guest stories are starting to be developed now, so far it's just two guys, but I assume that the women will be following soon.
Two guys? Thought it was still only one.
Who else, other than the old history professor has side missions?

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Faerin is hoping to have the game finished within the next 6 - 8 months.
Maybe time to get ahead of the curve and spitball suggestions for his next project?
I'm thinking he should title the next one "OCTRA" :cool:
And don't mention the acronym anywhere in game. Or make up something else for it. Fictional company name or somesuch ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Cartageno and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Maybe time to get ahead of the curve and spitball suggestions for his next project?
I'm thinking he should title the next one "OCTRA" :cool:
And don't mention the acronym anywhere in game. Or make up something else for it. Fictional company name or somesuch ;)
I like that idea. :LOL:

Reactions: EmperorGus
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes