Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
:FacePalm:
Ok.. I'm in a mood atm... so...
/rantmodeon
Wah, wah, wah grind!
This is not one of those VN for the Attention Deficit Disorder folks.
This is a GAME.
There is no grind here, only gameplay.
As for content. There's plenty of that too. It's the bonus to playing the game.
/rantmodeoff

PS.
Please adjust your searches to only include VNs.
You'll be happier.
And we'll be happier too (for not having to listen to the whining).
/noreallythistimerantmodeoff
It'd be also interesting to know what "content as I understand it" in this context means, since content as I (Carta) understand people to use the word is in the game and has been for a while.

But yeah, I wish the people who just want their fap stuff (nothing against that) would leave sandboxes and management games alone.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
can someone give me the countdown time for new update? i know the new update will be at last friday of the month, but still idk the exactly time coz im from southeast asian.
i love this game n already so many times replay this game again n again n again
The game is released on Patreon in the afternoon GMT+1, but it will be released here by someone later on.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I realy love his first game and stoires of characters and i was planning play this one to but i saw a lot of people talking about how annoying/unnecesary grind is and other parts of game feels like ''side dish'' which is totaly out of my style... Is it true? If its true is there any way to fix that etc?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I realy love his first game and stoires of characters and i was planning play this one to but i saw a lot of people talking about how annoying/unnecesary grind is and other parts of game feels like ''side dish'' which is totaly out of my style... Is it true? If its true is there any way to fix that etc?
"Is it true?" - depends on your personal view. The managing aspect of Mystwood Manor is way more in the foreground than the stat and money getting was in MotH. There is a bit less side story. But I'd argue that the actual "lewd" content ain't that different. I prefer MotH but am quite happy with this game.

"Is there any way to fix that?" - apart from cheating money and "card points", which should not be necessary in the long run at all but can help in the beginning - no.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
"Is it true?" - depends on your personal view. The managing aspect of Mystwood Manor is way more in the foreground than the stat and money getting was in MotH. There is a bit less side story. But I'd argue that the actual "lewd" content ain't that different. I prefer MotH but am quite happy with this game.

"Is there any way to fix that?" - apart from cheating money and "card points", which should not be necessary in the long run at all but can help in the beginning - no.
The 'Story' mode will be added soon, but, well ...it's not how it's meant to be played.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I seem to be the only one who is more interested in getting to the end of the main story :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, I also had more than one game where I was sad it had to finish and with it my ride with the characters. Then again, don't devs usually get blamed for not advancing their game quickly enough? "I will be dead when this is finished" is not a rare sentence on this site.

And I will admit they're not wrong: for more content you actually have to have content making sense within the story. Of course the sweet point will be different for different people, but there are a few which sailed well past the point where I could care anymore.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, I also had more than one game where I was sad it had to finish and with it my ride with the characters. Then again, don't devs usually get blamed for not advancing their game quickly enough? "I will be dead when this is finished" is not a rare sentence on this site.

And I will admit they're not wrong: for more content you actually have to have content making sense within the story. Of course the sweet point will be different for different people, but there are a few which sailed well past the point where I could care anymore.
The one thing that I dislike the most is where games/VNs are "rushed to completion" (Parental Love and Picture Perfect for example). I've seen many like that, sadly. And there's others which seem to drag on and on forever (DMD), making some wonder why it's still in development. So you've got the two extremes on either end of the spectrum. MwM is a good balance between the two extremes which sets it apart from the rest of the pack.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I'm rarely ever interested in getting to the end of the story in an adult game! More content is awesome.
I didn't mean that it should end. But at some point it will be finished and I prefer a concluded storyline instead of a lot of random scenes just for the sake of it but a lot of open arcs. I like story content :)

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I didn't mean that it should end. But at some point it will be finished and I prefer a concluded storyline instead of a lot of random scenes just for the sake of it but a lot of open arcs. I like story content :)
I understand. Just as someone who's been into this game since day one, my own personal hopes and expectations were that the content was maybe only halfway finished, and that we'd be getting a lot more with the guests, the other women in town outside of the hotel, and then involving the various mysteries that are taking place with the story, once the "base" content with the hotel employees is done.

And then, potentially, some end game content with the various girls, similar to how he did with Man of the House. It would be extremely hot to see an epilogue where the MC had knocked up a few of the girls. :love:

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The one thing that I dislike the most is where games/VNs are "rushed to completion" (Parental Love and Picture Perfect for example). I've seen many like that, sadly. And there's others which seem to drag on and on forever (DMD), making some wonder why it's still in development. So you've got the two extremes on either end of the spectrum. MwM is a good balance between the two extremes which sets it apart from the rest of the pack.
Parental Love I unfortunately lost interest in before it was finished, Picture Perfect I haven't played - but DMD is precisely the textbook example I was thinking about. After part 2 they lost all enemies, all suspension, all forbiddenness and I thought they could do a quick wrap up and have completed a nice game. But already the wrap up was overextended with its 100 almost identical sex scenes and the braindead dialogue of "I've never felt like this before" every goddamn day. But okay, everything is done and dusted after part 3. Wait, they're making part 4? Wrblmpf

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Parental Love I unfortunately lost interest in before it was finished, Picture Perfect I haven't played - but DMD is precisely the textbook example I was thinking about. After part 2 they lost all enemies, all suspension, all forbiddenness and I thought they could do a quick wrap up and have completed a nice game. But already the wrap up was overextended with its 100 almost identical sex scenes and the braindead dialogue of "I've never felt like this before" every goddamn day. But okay, everything is done and dusted after part 3. Wait, they're making part 4? Wrblmpf
I completely agree with you there. The scenes seem to be repeats of others they've done, just different locations/positions/etc... Lather, rinse, repeat. Now it's just filler material to drag it out even longer; like a slow, dramatic death scene, a la Bugs Bunny (Oh agony, agony..) because reasons.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I completely agree with you there. The scenes seem to be repeats of others they've done, just different locations/positions/etc... Lather, rinse, repeat. Now it's just filler material to drag it out even longer; like a slow, dramatic death scene, a la Bugs Bunny (Oh agony, agony..) because reasons.
Well it could be worse I gues... just watch the ICStor "game" series

• Haha
Reactions: Grordan and Sycho
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes