goblin sensei

Apr 20, 2020
Hmmm.. I've never heard of that being done before. I didn't even know you could do that.
because I have a problem with my eyes, and in other games this method can change the font size. and I tried in the previous version it worked, but now it doesn't work anymore.
Screenshot_4.png this is from v008 n Screenshot_5.png this is from v0734

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I don't think it's really needed anymore with story mode... if you enjoy the management part you can play the game as it is, if you don't you can play story mode which hasn't any management.
well

i´ll end things i started ;)
unless its really pointless to do it - i continue till the game is completed
but , yeah, i was thinking about this today

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
because I have a problem with my eyes, and in other games this method can change the font size. and I tried in the previous version it worked, but now it doesn't work anymore.
Other games use Ren'Py, this one does not, so I believe that you are mistaken, I went back and checked one of the first versions of the game, and it did not do that either.

What you can do here, is adjust how solid the background box is, which can help some. The only other way would be to lower the screen resolution in the game options.

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Not sure how I feel about Faerin adding the story mode here to remove all gameplay aspects. He can certainly do what he wants since it's his game, but it just seems like it's catering to people who don't even care enough, or in my opinion respect him or his work enough, to play the game as intended.

He even made the system that would automatically plan everything for people also. I've never used it, because part of the fun is doing it manually. You know, setting up and building your staff, equipping them with cards and items, and running your hotel optimally. That system, which he said was a lot of work to do, now kind of feels like it was time that could have been better spent elsewhere. The people who complained probably will just skip everything anyways and just watch the new scenes. That's time and effort that could have been put towards something else.

Anyways, I do think it's a disservice to not play the game the way it was intended. The first time I played this game was about two updates ago or so, and this game was literally the only thing I played during that time until I finished the current content. I had a blast with managing the hotel, unlocking new staff members, collecting cards and making "builds" in a way for each of my staff members.

It was genuinely fun for me, and I was very engaged in the gameplay loop and of course the gorgeous women working under me. The reward for leveling up the hotel and staff, unlocking new variations of their outfits, new renders, and winning over the women always felt great and rewarding. It never felt like a chore to get to that point because of bad gameplay or excessive grinding. I'm sure that first playthrough of mine was very sub-optimal also, hell, I didn't even know items existed in the current version I played or how to get them until I read some tips after I had already finished the content.

I'm debating if I should play through this version now since there's a bunch of new Tier 5 events for the girls, or just wait until it's actually finished before playing again. If I do, it'll be interesting to see how well I can do with management this go around. I have a better idea of how to play, how to get items now, what rooms and expansions work well earlier and later in the game, and so on.

It really is a great game that Faerin created here, it's such a huge step up from Man of the House, and it really shows in all areas. To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of how a lot of the women looked in MotH, but some the girls here in Mystwood Manor became instant favorites of mine. The mother in particular was done so well and she's the one who's probably my favorite. She actually looks like a milf with some age to her, but at the same time a complete knockout with an amazing motherly figure. There are not many adult games where I can honestly say that I enjoy all the women present, same thing with gameplay for that matter, but I can really say that here. It's the kind of game that earns a permanent spot on your hard drive, because you know you'll be going back to it often to enjoy your favorite scenes or just play through the entire thing again.

Sorry for the long post. Wasn't my intention when I started hitting those keys, but this game is totally worth the praise, and playing through the way it was intended!

And to you, Faerin, keep up the great work! This really is an absolute gem you've been creating here, and one of the best Patreon funded adult games I've ever played.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Not sure how I feel about Faerin adding the story mode here to remove all gameplay aspects. He can certainly do what he wants since it's his game, but it just seems like it's catering to people who don't even care enough, or in my opinion respect him or his work enough, to play the game as intended.

(...)

Anyways, I do think it's a disservice to not play the game the way it was intended. (...)
I kinda get ya here. And I am kinda in the same boat, not only that pure story mode might be boring, it'd feel wrong. Then again, Story Mode was planned from the beginning, or at least from the beginning we saw. So at least not catering to whinnys from this thread.

Also, often we never know how a game was intended to be played. Here it is easier than with many a sandbox out there but in the end, if I play Fallout 4, never progress stories further than needed to build settlements - but not for settlers, for building my personal parkour tracks which I then will endlessly jump around on - who's stopping me? Whom am I harming? And I am having fun, which is what a game is all about, isn't it?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

He even made the system that would automatically plan everything for people also. I've never used it, because part of the fun is doing it manually. You know, setting up and building your staff, equipping them with cards and items, and running your hotel optimally. That system, which he said was a lot of work to do, now kind of feels like it was time that could have been better spent elsewhere. The people who complained probably will just skip everything anyways and just watch the new scenes. That's time and effort that could have been put towards something else.

Anyways, I do think it's a disservice to not play the game the way it was intended. The first time I played this game was about two updates ago or so, and this game was literally the only thing I played during that time until I finished the current content. I had a blast with managing the hotel, unlocking new staff members, collecting cards and making "builds" in a way for each of my staff members.

It was genuinely fun for me, and I was very engaged in the gameplay loop and of course the gorgeous women working under me. The reward for leveling up the hotel and staff, unlocking new variations of their outfits, new renders, and winning over the women always felt great and rewarding. It never felt like a chore to get to that point because of bad gameplay or excessive grinding. I'm sure that first playthrough of mine was very sub-optimal also, hell, I didn't even know items existed in the current version I played or how to get them until I read some tips after I had already finished the content.

I'm debating if I should play through this version now since there's a bunch of new Tier 5 events for the girls, or just wait until it's actually finished before playing again. If I do, it'll be interesting to see how well I can do with management this go around. I have a better idea of how to play, how to get items now, what rooms and expansions work well earlier and later in the game, and so on.

It really is a great game that Faerin created here, it's such a huge step up from Man of the House, and it really shows in all areas. To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of how a lot of the women looked in MotH, but some the girls here in Mystwood Manor became instant favorites of mine. The mother in particular was done so well and she's the one who's probably my favorite. She actually looks like a milf with some age to her, but at the same time a complete knockout with an amazing motherly figure. There are not many adult games where I can honestly say that I enjoy all the women present, same thing with gameplay for that matter, but I can really say that here. It's the kind of game that earns a permanent spot on your hard drive, because you know you'll be going back to it often to enjoy your favorite scenes or just play through the entire thing again.

Sorry for the long post. Wasn't my intention when I started hitting those keys, but this game is totally worth the praise, and playing through the way it was intended!

And to you, Faerin, keep up the great work! This really is an absolute gem you've been creating here, and one of the best Patreon funded adult games I've ever played.
I kinda get ya here. And I am kinda in the same boat, not only that pure story mode might be boring, it'd feel wrong. Then again, Story Mode was planned from the beginning, or at least from the beginning we saw. So at least not catering to whinnys from this thread.

Also, often we never know how a game was intended to be played. Here it is easier than with many a sandbox out there but in the end, if I play Fallout 4, never progress stories further than needed to build settlements - but not for settlers, for building my personal parkour tracks which I then will endlessly jump around on - who's stopping me? Whom am I harming? And I am having fun, which is what a game is all about, isn't it?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
Not sure how I feel about Faerin adding the story mode here to remove all gameplay aspects. He can certainly do what he wants since it's his game, but it just seems like it's catering to people who don't even care enough, or in my opinion respect him or his work enough, to play the game as intended.....

....Sorry for the long post. Wasn't my intention when I started hitting those keys, but this game is totally worth the praise, and playing through the way it was intended!

So you are one of Faerin's subscribers in Patreon then?

Igor5

Aug 2, 2018
There is a bug where you end up in an endless loop of the scene with laura starting at the pool and ending in a massage. Surely not the worst kind of loop but still anoying if ur actually interested in the rest of the game :p

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020

Agreed. Obviously (if you've ever read one of my rants when the ADD crowd irritates me enough to vent about it :p )
So, do I like that it's been included? No.
But I'm adult enough to admit that's only because I don't like to see people who've irritated me getting what they wanted :devilish:
Do I understand it being included? Absolutely.
Faerin's looking to get paid. Including a 'story mode' is unlikely to hurt him amongst the people that want to play a game, and it'll probably net some extra sales on Steam.
So, more power too him.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
There is a bug where you end up in an endless loop of the scene with laura starting at the pool and ending in a massage. Surely not the worst kind of loop but still anoying if ur actually interested in the rest of the game :p
I just replayed both pool events (in Story mode and Normal) and didn't notice any problems (it's not animated anyway). Are you using a cheat mod?

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
On what Unity engine does the game run? I tried looking for an output log but couldnt find one
The output log is located in C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor
Or by using the Windows+R keys and pasting
Code:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor
into the Run box.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes