Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
BUGS?:

I decided to run a fresh play through and got to the end of Laura's progression. On the very last scene, just before the end of their sex animation, the script seems to get stuck in a loop. It replays the previous 3 or 4 lines of dialog while the animation constantly loops.

The game gets stuck at this point and you cannot progress out of the loop. The game isn't frozen though...since you can ESC to get the menu to load a previous save.

Anyone else run into this?

I ran through this one on Linux/Wine and had to install a hell of a lot of extra codecs just to get the animations to play. I don't know what the dev used as codecs...but wine reported back missing gstreamer quicktime plugin.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
BUGS?:

I decided to run a fresh play through and got to the end of Laura's progression. On the very last scene, just before the end of their sex animation, the script seems to get stuck in a loop. It replays the previous 3 or 4 lines of dialog while the animation constantly loops.

The game gets stuck at this point and you cannot progress out of the loop. The game isn't frozen though...since you can ESC to get the menu to load a previous save.

Anyone else run into this?

I ran through this one on Linux/Wine and had to install a hell of a lot of extra codecs just to get the animations to play. I don't know what the dev used as codecs...but wine reported back missing gstreamer quicktime plugin.
She asks you to go faster, so you should. (Speed up the animation)

Reactions: TheDevian

Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
She asks you to go faster, so you should. (Speed up the animation)
Ok...that explains it. As I said, I had to add a bunch for codec packages in my Linux/WINE set up just to get animations working. The thing is, that if I set the slider to any speed higher than about 0.10, the video becomes very choppy so I just stopped messing with it. I'll try that in a few and see if the scene progresses as it should.

So far...it seems that Laura, Nora, and Amber all produce this loopback. But again, I'll check.

i tap my hat for the patience of you guys here , to explain this like every 15 posts again
:cool:;)
My most sincere apologies for not going back through every one of what is now over 600 pages of posts...I did flip back a bit in the history to see if it was a bug others had experienced with this latest update. It did not occur to me that it might have been an intentional feature I just missed.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
My most sincere apologies for not going back through every one of what is now over 600 pages of posts...I did flip back a bit in the history to see if it was a bug others had experienced with this latest update. It did not occur to me that it might have been an intentional feature I just missed.
Though, intentional feature or bug or whatever you have, you can usually find your solution quicker than asking, especially if you don't play the update fresh off the oven, because odds are somebody else has encountered the same. Two or so keywords into the search function (like "NTR avoidable", sorry, "Laura loop") will give you a dozen or so posts. Not all relevant but from the shown bits of text you can easily identify a few and can immediately continue playing.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Ok...that explains it. As I said, I had to add a bunch for codec packages in my Linux/WINE set up just to get animations working. The thing is, that if I set the slider to any speed higher than about 0.10, the video becomes very choppy so I just stopped messing with it. I'll try that in a few and see if the scene progresses as it should.

So far...it seems that Laura, Nora, and Amber all produce this loopback. But again, I'll check.
Also Hana has some events where you have to speed up the animation...
however we are not supporting completely Linux/Wine/Crossover, so if you encounter any of these loop video bugs, please disable "Play Videos" into game settings, so the event will be played without any problems.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Be grateful that Faerin doesn't use Unity's build-in video play or you won't see any animations.

Not sure why you had to "install a hell of a lot of extra codecs", because all you have to do is:
1. Install corefonts via Winetricks.
2. Install K-Lite Codecs via Wine.
3. Set your Wineprefix to Windows 7 via winecfg.

Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
Also Hana has some events where you have to speed up the animation...
however we are not supporting completely Linux/Wine/Crossover, so if you encounter any of these loop video bugs, please disable "Play Videos" into game settings, so the event will be played without any problems.
Seph...that FAQ is quite helpful. I didn't see it before so thanks for putting that info out there.

Though, intentional feature or bug or whatever you have, you can usually find your solution quicker than asking, especially if you don't play the update fresh off the oven, because odds are somebody else has encountered the same. Two or so keywords into the search function (like "NTR avoidable", sorry, "Laura loop") will give you a dozen or so posts. Not all relevant but from the shown bits of text you can easily identify a few and can immediately continue playing.
I'm still relatively new here and I didn't realize I could narrow the search by thread. I see that now and that info will prove to be valuable. Thanks for initially answering my simple question quickly and concisely without attitude... After all, there's always a learning curve in a new environment or process. One bit of useful information is worth more than a million pointless complaints about nerve of someone daring to even ask.

Be grateful that Faerin doesn't use Unity's build-in video play or you won't see any animations.

Not sure why you had to "install a hell of a lot of extra codecs", because all you have to do is:
1. Install corefonts via Winetricks.
2. Install K-Lite Codecs via Wine.
3. Set your Wineprefix to Windows 7 via winecfg.
Oh...well, I didn't see Seph's FAQ link at the bottom of the OP. I just took a look at it and found the bit in there about Linux/WINE citing the codecs...about a penny short and a day late.

Glad to say everything is going great now. Really a well done management game so far. This Faerin dev is pretty talented.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Seph...that FAQ is quite helpful. I didn't see it before so thanks for putting that info out there.

I'm still relatively new here and I didn't realize I could narrow the search by thread. I see that now and that info will prove to be valuable. Thanks for initially answering my simple question quickly and concisely without attitude... After all, there's always a learning curve in a new environment or process. One bit of useful information is worth more than a million pointless complaints about nerve of someone daring to even ask.

Oh...well, I didn't see Seph's FAQ link at the bottom of the OP. I just took a look at it and found the bit in there about Linux/WINE citing the codecs...about a penny short and a day late.

Glad to say everything is going great now. Really a well done management game so far. This Faerin dev is pretty talented.
Some of the information in the FAQ (like for Linux and MacOS) may be out of date. Most of that information was copied and pasted from an install guide I wrote for MotH a few years ago. So I don't know how accurate the Mac and Linux portion is in the MwM FAQ I wrote.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes