EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
well thats shit first we can only get 3 and 4 traits per girl and now we cant change the traits that we whant to place on the girls
As per the dev
vvv
It was always intended to work like this, as it does with most similar games.
Otherwise, it could have just been a list of all the traits you could pick from, or a skill tree for instance.
It wasn't designed with that intention.

That being said, you could just save before showing the available options, and "save-scum" until you get what you want ;)
I don't like it either. But it's the only viable option for this build.

Yes, you can. That's what the purple pill from Fizwill is for. It removes all of the traits (except for the locked ones) for the staff member you give it to which will allow you to pick different traits. Though you still may get the same choices.
That might work if it's just 1 particular trait you're looking for.
But it's not even close to viable if your game plan involves a very specific mix of 4 traits.
The odds of RNGesus giving you the right mix of options 4 times in a row are absurdly small.

Reactions: TheDevian

paul1983

Apr 11, 2020
Yes, you can. That's what the purple pill from Fizwill is for. It removes all of the traits (except for the locked ones) for the staff member you give it to which will allow you to pick different traits. Though you still may get the same choices.
if i got the purple pill i would lose the loyal trait for riley why cant we change them can you ask faerin to unlock it so when i pick decide later it changes the choices so we can pick certain traits for different girls as i tried loading and going to the next day but they have not changed

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
if i got the purple pill i would lose the loyal trait for riley why cant we change them can you ask faerin to unlock it so when i pick decide later it changes the choices so we can pick certain traits for different girls as i tried loading and going to the next day but they have not changed
You won't lose the loyal trait if you went that route as it's locked and can't be removed. Here's an example of that after giving her the purple pill.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
As per the dev
vvv

I don't like it either. But it's the only viable option for this build.

That might work if it's just 1 particular trait you're looking for.
But it's not even close to viable if your game plan involves a very specific mix of 4 traits.
The odds of RNGesus giving you the right mix of options 4 times in a row are absurdly small.
True, the traits that show up will still remain the same, throughout. If you look at my quick guide, there is a complete list of all of the traits on page 5.

paul1983

Apr 11, 2020
i do hope it gets fixed where we can choose the traits that we want for each girl as im gutted that i cant enjoy the game like i use too as i really dont want to delete the game as i do love playing it so please fix this so i can enjoy playing it again and i hope the next game does not get ruined like this one seems to have gone towards the end of it

• Angry
Reactions: Faerin

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
i do hope it gets fixed where we can choose the traits that we want for each girl as im gutted that i cant enjoy the game like i use too as i really dont want to delete the game as i do love playing it so please fix this so i can enjoy playing it again and i hope the next game does not get ruined like this one seems to have gone towards the end of it
Well, there was a (minor) bug that I discovered with regard to the traits in my earlier playthrough which I've informed Faerin about, but whether or not new traits will get added, I can't say one way or the other since I don't know. But the bug should be fixed in the next update at least.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
In Faerin's defense, it was always my assumption that the ability to quickly cycle through the choices was a placeholder.
That said, I'm not fond of his choice to make it 'lock in' like this (aside from save scumming).
I'd much prefer the system I suggested a couple pages back:
Normal mode - the selection of 3 available traits refreshes each shift.
Hard mode - refreshes overnight
Nightmare - you get what you get.

Reactions: Faerin

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I still do think that the old system was somewhat silly. After all, if you could just switch to get a new choice until it included the one you were looking for, the game might just as well give you all options from the beginning. So some restrictions need to apply. I would personally very much like (but it might just already be the case) that a girl's "special trait" gets some sort of preference so you're guaranteed to be able to apply it.

Another option to tie this in with difficulty levels that I see is to allow for keeping traits when purple pilling a girl (0-2 traits) so you won't have to get all the ones again.

That being said, even with a completely random choice, in the endgame you should be able to master everything.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
As long as you get the characters special trait and underpaid and a work trait or two I don't see what other possible traits you would want.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
As long as you get the characters special trait and underpaid and a work trait or two I don't see what other possible traits you would want.
Playstyles may differ of course, but personally I consider the traits and cards reducing pay the least useful in this game. Sure, they may speed up things a little, but I never have the feel that money as such is an issue and I struggle to keep the hotel afloat.

• Thinking Face

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Playstyles may differ of course, but personally I consider the traits and cards reducing pay the least useful in this game. Sure, they may speed up things a little, but I never have the feel that money as such is an issue and I struggle to keep the hotel afloat.
They might be later on when they bring the extra difficulty levels in.

Reactions: Cartageno

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
The comment about "ruining game the towards the end" almost makes me not want to reply to this.
As to me it's just the typical "waah, I can't exactly what I want" cry-baby-mentality, and frankly I tend to ignore posts (and people) like that.

That being said, it was never intended to work like it did, I left it like that for testing purposes (this is still a game in development, you know?). It would make absolutely NO sense at all to leave it like that. You might as well show the whole list then and pick what you want.

You can just load your save until you get what you want, if you feel it's that important.
But because you don't get it exactly the way you want, the game is "ruined towards the end"?
Seriously...some people. :rolleyes:

I'd much prefer the system I suggested a couple pages back:
Luckily, there are still people here that can make a compelling argument, about how certain aspects of the game should/could be improved.

EmperorGus I think that's not a bad idea. And it's easy enough to implement.
Although it would still be more "efficient" (from a min-max pov) to save-scum in that scenario. As you might miss out on a couple of days worth of traits if you wait for the right one to show up?

The trait mechanic wasn't really intended to always get best combination of traits, but more as an "extra" (hence the 3 random choices). But if most players feel it's really important to get the right ones, it might also say something about the overall balance/difficulty. Or maybe, some traits are just not worth it and need to be revised? :unsure:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
EmperorGus I think that's not a bad idea. And it's easy enough to implement.
Although it would still be more "efficient" (from a min-max pov) to save-scum in that scenario. As you might miss out on a couple of days worth of traits if you wait for the right one to show up?
Personally, I can only speak for myself, while less efficient for me it would be preferable. It'd feel more like playing the game than cheating. And as some wise people said, in the end having a trait ain't that important to "beat" the game anyway.

The trait mechanic wasn't really intended to always get best combination of traits, but more as an "extra" (hence the 3 random choices). But if most players feel it's really important to get the right ones, it might also say something about the overall balance/difficulty. Or maybe, some traits are just not worth it and need to be revised? :unsure:
But even though I just said it ain't important I completely get that. I love "building the perfect machine" in games. Even if other strategies are more efficient and would win out in a hypothetical PvP scenario, I like tinkering and getting the extra stuff. Not to the same amount in every game and with every mechanic, but once I start something, I will max (not min-max) everything with just as much fun as others have in winning and completing.

(Actually some games I just "build the machine" and then don't bother winning them anymore because that would just be a grind.)

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
I think this is mostly about playstyle.
It seems most followers of this thread are fine with the amount of micro-management required in constantly shuffling cards between shifts. (As was pointed out a few posts back, the game can certainly be completed that way. With or without this last change to traits.)
But I'm not one of them.

Before the end of my first playthrough (back when hotel max was lvl3? maybe 4?), I was annoyed with the amount of shuffling cards in inventory I had to do.
So I solved the problem.
I opened up a spreadsheet and made notes of all the card values and traits.
Then I worked out a 'recipe' for each girl. These 2 or 3 cards, those 4 or 5 traits.
Et voila! No more card swapping.

Each playthrough since I just followed that recipe, with some fine-tuning if the new build changed something.
This way I could play the management aspect of the game (Which/how many guests to let in. Which girls to work which rooms. When to give the girls or the whole staff time to recover energy. Etc.), without having to deal with the micro-management aspect that I didn't like.

So this last change to traits irritated me because, best as I can see, the only thing it did was eliminate my preferred playstyle.
And, yeah, I get why most don't seem to care. Because it didn't effect their preferred playstyle.

So... I guess it comes down to the question:
Is it worth your time as a dev to code in a mechanic that only really matters to a minority of the players?

Call me a 'gaming purist', but I try to avoid any form of cheating in a game.
And I view 'save scumming' as a form of cheating. Even if only a minor cheat.
(Ok... fine... call me a 'game snob!' :p )
So, even if it costs me a few in-game days, I'd prefer a game I can play honestly over one I'd be force to save-scum (cheat) at in order to get it to be comfortable for my playstyle.

Urelsor

Jun 18, 2017
Started this game recently and just finished the current content. Overall a very very good quality game.

Is there some kind of roadmap for the next updates? Especially I'd like to know if Level 5 for Hotel and girls will be the last tier (except special tier).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Started this game recently and just finished the current content. Overall a very very good quality game.

Is there some kind of roadmap for the next updates? Especially I'd like to know if Level 5 for Hotel and girls will be the last tier (except special tier).
As far as I remember, it was stated a while back that Level 5 was the max.
Don't believe there will be any more levels for the Hotel.
The girls' Special tier is the last state of undress, totally nude, so don't expect there to be any more for them, either, as there are no more clothes to be removed.

Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The girls' Special tier is the last state of undress, totally nude, so don't expect there to be any more for them, either, as there are no more clothes to be removed.
Well, given the somewhat creepy surroundings - you could peel off the skin and later the muscles to get some nice skeletons.

I am not entirely certain however how many people subscribe to that kink.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well, given the somewhat creepy surroundings - you could peel off the skin and later the muscles to get some nice skeletons.

I am not entirely certain however how many people subscribe to that kink.
Hmmmm..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Personally, I used the less pay ones all the time, I mean, I have plenty of money now, but the min/maxer in me can't really help it. At first I needed it some, then I used it to punish Riley after her blueball/blackmail event, and now it's just habit, I give them to the ones that cost the most. And I am too lazy to change them out, so they usually hold them all week, unless I have to switch some things around for an event or something.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes