EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
If your girl is max skill, +20% will easily satisfy Sophia.
Girl at max xp at lvl 5 gives 60% satisfaction to a level 5 guest. Sophia at guest level 5 requires 90%.
Assuming each room has it's 5% upgrade installed. That's still 25% more needed to minimally satisfy Sophia.

1 inventory item for each room: 5%
1 room specific card: 5%
1 3 room card: 5%
Temptress card (all rooms): 5%
Socialite card (if holder is resting, all rooms get): 5%
= 25% I really hope I didn't just embarrass myself by forgetting something :oops:

So... if we take Traits out of the math and you're not using the office, you need every item/card in the game to satisfy Sophia.
And one of those cards has to be on another girl who must be resting instead of helping another guest.
4 or 5 night stay, 3 rooms per day... I'd love to know how you plan to pull that off with only swapping 1 card :devilish:
Hell... I want to know your plan for doing it with Nora Walsh, who only needs 3 of the 5 items. :p

And, yes, I know that is an exaggerated example.
Because there is still the 10% from upgraded office and it's highly unlikely for a girl to get totally skunked and get no customer satisfaction traits. Although its very likely a player won't get the one's they want.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Gym, Yoga & Club already have +10% granted by Riley, Annika & Catalina's Unique Traits, respectively.
So 80% start point for them.
+5% from Activity specific card + either the 5% trait, or either of the 2 +5% generic cards, or the +5% for 3 activity card.

All of that while completely disregarding the +10% from the Office.
Include that +10% and it's even easier.
Can complete Gym, Yoga & Club with no cards equipped.
60% + 10% from Room Item & Inventory Item, + 10% from Office, + 10 from Unique Trait.
90%, no cards, piece of piss.

I literally just had Sophia stay & check out without issue and did not need to do "micro-managing" or any "card shuffling".
Haven't done since traits were first introduced.
Moving 1 card between 2 girls doesn't really equate to anything worth mentioning & it would be rather dramatic to even call it an inconvenience.
Ok... I think I see where we're miscommunicating...
Is this example you're citing from a save brought forward from a previous version?
If so, then it's irrelevant to the current topic.

Because in previous versions you had free choice of your traits, you just had to quickly cycle through them. And if you're using a save from an old version, you've still got those traits.
But from this versions patch notes:
• Closing the traits no longer resets the available options.
Meaning, you're now completely at the mercy of RNG for your traits (unless you save scum).

So, with the idea in mind that you can no longer count on having the right traits.
Can you now see my concern regarding the amount card swapping I might have to do?

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
What you're talking about is only relevant if you are completely new to the game, or have just started a fresh game.
I am not & have not.
The game is almost completed, so not many people are new to it now.
Thanks, though. Didn't know that we can no longer reset the options for Traits.
Not many people on F95 or his Patreons are new to it, yes.
But keep in mind that Faerin is still working towards a Steam release. There'll, hopefully, be plenty of new players when that happens ;)

So, when I do a playthrough (usually every 2nd or 3rd version), I do it from scratch.
To help me get an idea of how I think a new player will view the game.
And I try to gear my feedback towards what I think would improve the completed game for someone who's never seen it before.

My way of showing support, since I'm not a financial supporter.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Don't get these arguments about traits, I've played the game before, but my last computer decided to retire itself and did a fresh install on new computer with the latest version and played the game again from the beginning and the only times I've had failures were down to myself for forgetting to place staff in the right rooms.

Also having played before I had certain advantages in how to play and what cards to go for and make sure I get every guest to VIP at every level before going to the next guest level, didn't even bother with the level 1 cards until I had gotten the level 2 and 3 cards I wanted.

Most of the girls when they levelled got their unique trait in the choice so I picked that then added the ones after that I felt benefitted them in their jobs. Then also used the 'teacher' every morning to give xp to the girls with jobs in rooms that I hadn't renovated yet so that their work level was as high as the hotel level.

So yeah I guess it's a slow way to play the game as you don't go for the story quests every time they appear so that you can sort other things out first before situations are forced on you without you having the correct cards on you to combat those situations.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I like min-maxing as much as anybody playing an RPG but I'm not gonna cry if the game discourages it.

Weird how Karen isn't the problematic customer, huh?
Yeah, that's kind of a misnomer (apart from the looks) - but "Karen Fernandez" just doesn't have this ring to it ;)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
lol made me laugh, I wonder if the current application of the name makes it any less popular for new parents, going forward.
Given the association, would you want to call your new-born daughter Karen, in today's world? :unsure::LOL:
One the one hand I'd guess that you wouldn't (and certainly shouldn't).

On the other hand, here in Germany (and I know similar stuff from the UK) there are certain names which are strongly associated with lower class and low education and proven to be a hindrance in life, yet still popular (even more annoyingly often in the very same group the stereotype claims), so you'll never know.

Reactions: whichone

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
On the other hand, here in Germany (and I know similar stuff from the UK) there are certain names which are strongly associated with lower class and low education and proven to be a hindrance in life, yet still popular (even more annoyingly often in the very same group the stereotype claims), so you'll never know.
Lukas, Kevin, Justin, Jason, Pascal, Chantal, Jacqueline, Lena, Leonie, Michelle, Celine/Celina, Julia, Ali, Mohammed :LOL:

Who doesn't love "Hartzer names"? :poop:

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Lukas, Kevin, Justin, Jason, Pascal, Chantal, Jacqueline, Lena, Leonie, Michelle, Celine/Celina, Julia, Ali, Mohammed :LOL:

Who doesn't love "Hartzer names"? :poop:
Pretty much that bunch, I would take out the last two (the problems do exist but they are more associated with Turkish immigrants than with lower class as such), Lukas, Julia (how dare you, in this game?! ;) ), Lena, Leonie. But while that can be argued, I will not accept a list without mentioning Enrico and Ronny.

Bonus points for completely wrong pronounciation (Jacqueline with four syllables).

Reactions: cold_arctus

MissPitri

May 1, 2020
Is the tier 5 available on the version or nah for each character ? Because I tried to put alls items I have but nothing appears to unlock the last tier.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Is the tier 5 available on the version or nah for each character ? Because I tried to put alls items I have but nothing appears to unlock the last tier.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To unlock the bonus rewards on tier 5, you'll need to do the following:
  1. Go to the General Store and purchase the fishing rod and flashlight.
  2. Go to the Royal Stag and talk to Libby about skinny dipping (required to unlock the lake location on your map).
  3. Explore the lake to fish in order to find the bronze spider (see requirements).
  4. Explore the woods to find a bronze crown.
  5. Explore Isabella's cottage to find the bronze rectangle.
  6. Explore the cave and put the items on the correct statues.
  7. Go to the Manor and equip the figurine to your MC and claim the girls' rewards.
Requirements: Requires you to have completed the "Cracking the case" event for the MC.
All 3 items can only be found exploring during the day.
The "Cracking the case" event requires you to have completed all of Orville's events.

MissPitri

May 1, 2020
To unlock the bonus rewards on tier 5, you'll need to do the following:
  1. Go to the General Store and purchase the fishing rod and flashlight.
  2. Go to the Royal Stag and talk to Libby about skinny dipping (required to unlock the lake location on your map).
  3. Explore the lake to fish in order to find the bronze spider (see requirements).
  4. Explore the woods to find a bronze crown.
  5. Explore Isabella's cottage to find the bronze rectangle.
  6. Explore the cave and put the items on the correct statues.
  7. Go to the Manor and equip the figurine to your MC and claim the girls' rewards.
Requirements: Requires you to have completed the "Cracking the case" event for the MC.
All 3 items can only be found exploring during the day.
The "Cracking the case" event requires you to have completed all of Orville's events.
Thank you so much !!!:D

Reactions: Sycho

dantes0

Oct 20, 2017
1. How do I open bonus scenes? I do everything as described, but the bonus scenes do not open
2. did the author decide to finish the game or not? If I decided to finish it, then in vain there is still to do it and do t to the topic is not fully disclosed, and there are not enough scenes.
3. It will be very good if the author makes Man of the House 2 with the same characters. For example, they came to live with their aunt outside the city in a house, and the older sister stayed in an apartment. And GG will unravel the secrets of his relatives + search for an angel .

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
1. How do I open bonus scenes? I do everything as described, but the bonus scenes do not open
2. did the author decide to finish the game or not? If I decided to finish it, then in vain there is still to do it and do t to the topic is not fully disclosed, and there are not enough scenes.
3. It will be very good if the author makes Man of the House 2 with the same characters. For example, they came to live with their aunt outside the city in a house, and the older sister stayed in an apartment. And GG will unravel the secrets of his relatives + search for an angel .
Did you equip the new item and claim the reward on each girl?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sycho and ZenGarden
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes