Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I'm well aware of Fizwill, but as far as I can tell he isn't selling anything new, just the same two pills he always had. I thought there was supposed to be something related to maxing out Sophia's VIP rank that allowed you to get the ability to reroll your trait options that was taken away in this past update?
The red pill you buy from Fizwill removes a staff's negative trait. The purple pill resets all that staff's traits (with the exception of any permanent -- i.e locked -- traits).

Reactions: TheDevian

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
The red pill you buy from Fizwill removes a staff's negative trait. The purple pill resets all that staff's traits (with the exception of any permanent -- i.e locked -- traits).
Yeah, I know about the pills and what they do. Before the last update, or maybe it was the one before that but whatever, it was possible to hit the "Decide Later" button and reroll the traits if you got three choices you didn't want. Now however you're locked in to whatever you roll and so the only way to change it if you get three options but don't like any of them is to just take the purple pill and hope for better luck next time. I thought I read however that if you got Sophia to VIP rank 5, it would allow you to once again reroll your choices like you could in past updates rather than just resetting back to no set traits. Is the ability to reroll traits just completely gone then? If so, that kinda sucks. I could understand if it was put behind some kind of game mechanic, but to completely remove it is a little annoying as it just makes it tedious to keep resetting all traits and hope you can roll the ones you want.

Reactions: EmperorGus

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, I know about the pills and what they do. Before the last update, or maybe it was the one before that but whatever, it was possible to hit the "Decide Later" button and reroll the traits if you got three choices you didn't want. Now however you're locked in to whatever you roll and so the only way to change it if you get three options but don't like any of them is to just take the purple pill and hope for better luck next time. I thought I read however that if you got Sophia to VIP rank 5, it would allow you to once again reroll your choices like you could in past updates rather than just resetting back to no set traits. Is the ability to reroll traits just completely gone then? If so, that kinda sucks. I could understand if it was put behind some kind of game mechanic, but to completely remove it is a little annoying as it just makes it tedious to keep resetting all traits and hope you can roll the ones you want.
The option to decide later is still there. I verified this by taking my key file out of the game's folder so that I'd only have the "basic" version of the game. Now as far as a new set of traits to pick from, there aren't any. So what you'll see once you've reset the traits are the same ones as before. Whether or not Faerin adds any new ones to the game is up in the air (but most likely not). As for Sophia, she's just a guest and wouldn't have any bearing on the staff's traits at all regardless of her VIP level. There's a complete (I believe) list of traits in the quick guide if you want to have a look at what they are and what they do. The link for it is in the OP.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
As Faerin said, if you want certain ones that much, then the easiest way would be to save, then check them, and if you don't like it, reload the save.

Reactions: Sycho

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
I could understand if it was put behind some kind of game mechanic, but to completely remove it is a little annoying as it just makes it tedious to keep resetting all traits and hope you can roll the ones you want.
Save scumming it is tedious. (And, imo, not good game design).
Relying on the pill from Fiz is not a realistic option.
If, like me, you're after 4 or 5 specific trait, then you'll need to go through an absurd number of re-rolls (or get very lucky).
And that's before you consider the cost of buying the pills.

Reactions: WhiteFireDaemon

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I still maintain that you do not need any traits at all whatsoever to manage the hotel. Sure, they make it easier, and I wouldn't want to leave them out when Sophia comes around, but there is no need to maximize them with the absolutely perfect set whatsoever.

I understand where you are coming from, I prefer to "perfect" my characters/buildings/whatever you have in a game myself, even if not needed, but there are many games where it just isn't feasible. This may be one of them.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I still maintain that you do not need any traits at all whatsoever to manage the hotel. Sure, they make it easier, and I wouldn't want to leave them out when Sophia comes around, but there is no need to maximize them with the absolutely perfect set whatsoever.

I understand where you are coming from, I prefer to "perfect" my characters/buildings/whatever you have in a game myself, even if not needed, but there are many games where it just isn't feasible. This may be one of them.
The thing is though, it was just an update or two ago. Only recently have we lost the ability to reroll the traits we can pick until finding one we like. Now the only way to do it is apparently to either save scum or blow money wiping all the traits and starting over if you get 3 duds on a level up.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The thing is though, it was just an update or two ago. Only recently have we lost the ability to reroll the traits we can pick until finding one we like. Now the only way to do it is apparently to either save scum or blow money wiping all the traits and starting over if you get 3 duds on a level up.
Save scum it'd be for me, but yes, that is true. However, things like this happen during development of a game, suddenly your old strategy doesn't work anymore. And it was, I think, to be expected to change to this before since the old system did not make sense - if Faerin wanted us to freely choose the trait, he could just have done so instead of giving only three options and unlimited free rerolls.

Vil95

Apr 1, 2020
All completed and seen but Isabella bonus scene, although i have fulfilled all requirements as in walkthrough.
¿?

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes