whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm highly dubious this is the case after playing the game some more, as i've seen the event fail 10+ times in a row (plus some extra dozen reloads, in case the chance is fully randomized like it seems to be with other aspects of the game) I'd have better chance winning national lottery than getting such strings of failures.

I have seen an orange, rather than red, notification that customer ignored the failure, exactly one time, but that was with different character who, iirc, had the "Loyal" trait which gives 25% chance. Might be worth checking if the 75% chance card (i haven't tested the others) isn't bugged..?
Seeing it fail 10+ times in a row doesn't really mean anything, other than RNG can be cruel.
Which is why there are many, many memes about praying to RNGesus. :ROFLMAO:
You have to fail the interaction, then the card comes into play and gives you a 75% chance for it not to be a strike.
You could, quite feasibly, fall in the opposing 25% bracket 100 times in a row. It would be particularly unfortunate, but it wouldn't alter the odds per spin.
They are independent probabilities, not cumulative. What happened in the previous spins has no bearing on what will happen in the current one. It's still a 3-1 chance, each time.

TBH You would probably be better off if you just equipped better cards, anyway.
The Quick Guide (OP) provides all of the answer details you need without worrying about cards, or, if you don't want to use that, the card that gives you the correct answers would obviously be a better option than the one you're using.
There's also a Settings option which removes the questions for those events, once you've VIP'd a guest to the respective level.
Then you only have to repeat the process once, for each guest, for each level.

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican and Faerin

Ries67

Jun 6, 2018
Great game, MotH was already very nice and this tops it. I loved playing it and keep postponing the end of the game :)
Can't wait for the next game!

Reactions: Faerin

jh78

Sep 1, 2020
on steam we buy both games right? oh and are there change or same? i am buying his game on steam, incest patch works on steam version?

Last edited:

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
thanks for the replay. i can't play some unity like this game, but i can play the spellbook, man of the house, ect
i run dxdiag but nothing problem, my driver is up todate to (win 10 btw) use amd A8 with onboard redeon HD85XX
A10-APU based camp there, but also 2 Radeon R7 200 series videocards in PCIE slots.
My quess, your rig doesn't have enough of GB dedicated for video, a portion of RAM
shared for system graphics by Windows isn't enough, so please do your eBay hunt.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Seeing it fail 10+ times in a row doesn't really mean anything, other than RNG can be cruel.
Which is why there are many, many memes about praying to RNGesus. :ROFLMAO:
You have to fail the interaction, then the card comes into play and gives you a 75% chance for it not to be a strike.
You could, quite feasibly, fall in the opposing 25% bracket 100 times in a row. It would be particularly unfortunate, but it wouldn't alter the odds per spin.
They are independent probabilities, not cumulative. What happened in the previous spins has no bearing on what will happen in the current one. It's still a 3-1 chance, each time.

TBH You would probably be better off if you just equipped better cards, anyway.
The Quick Guide (OP) provides all of the answer details you need without worrying about cards, or, if you don't want to use that, the card that gives you the correct answers would obviously be a better option than the one you're using.
There's also a Settings option which removes the questions for those events, once you've VIP'd a guest to the respective level.
Then you only have to repeat the process once, for each guest, for each level.
To play devil's advocate though, failing a 3 in 4 chance 10 times in a row happens in fewer than the famous "one in a million" cases. Of course even those are bound to happen if enough people do it, but it certainly justifies a question of whether or not everything works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian and ffive

kire37

Dec 5, 2019
i need to increase certain love point to access new scene , anybody got idea how to do that ?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
To play devil's advocate though, failing a 1 in 4 chance 10 times in a row happens in fewer than the famous "one in a million" cases. Of course even those are bound to happen if enough people do it, but it certainly justifies a question of whether or not everything works fine.
Precisely, the probability of this happening is ~1:1,048,580 (or even way smaller if the rolls are fully randomized on reloads) Which is not to say it can't ever happen, but, well.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
If it were not working, I expect there would be more than just one person remarking on it.
As it stands, it seems much more likely that the sole person experiencing this just fell into the 25% portion a few times.
"10+" failed interactions seems like an exaggeration for effect. Particularly as a guest leaves after 3.
I have no need to exaggerate for effect. These were failed interactions with multiple guests in a row.

As for no people remarking on it... let's turn the question around, can you confirm that the 75% chance card has actually triggered for you, when playing the current version of the game?

It did work once for him, so it's obviously working.
The only question left is "Is the 75% chance mark accurate?".
Maybe there was a typo and it only has 7%.
What worked for me was a character trait. I didn't check the other cards (the 25% and 50% ones) it is possible they are bugged along with 75% one.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Having fallen into the 25% bracket 5 times consecutively, does not alter the odds for the next chance.
It remains 3:1 that the failure will not result in a strike.
You are confusing the odds of single outcome with odds of a series of outcomes. The latter is cumulative although yes, the individual event odds remain unchanged.

The odds of getting two heads (or tails) consecutively are not equal to odds of heads/tails of a single toss.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's pure speculation. You have no idea of what worked for you. You just know that something (either the trait, or the card) did.
I don't think you know what you're talking about at this point. The character who managed to avoid the strike had the trait and didn't have a card equipped. Thus, it's pretty obvious what worked in their case.

It's not heads & tails, it's RNG.
This is how RNG works. The effects are not cumulative.
If you've ever played a game with loot boxes, you'd know this.
Again, you don't really know what you're talking about.

For a pair of independent events P(A) and P(B) the probability of getting specific outcome is P(A) * P(B).

Reactions: Nulldev

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
anyone else having a bug during the last scene with Sofia Fernandez where during the BJ part the game freezes?
I don't think you know what you're talking about at this point. The character who managed to avoid the strike had the trait and didn't have a card equipped. Thus, it's pretty obvious what worked in their case.

Again, you don't really know what you're talking about.

For a pair of independent events P(A) and P(B) the probability of getting specific outcome is P(A) * P(B).
You are absolutely right.
There's a big difference between calculating consecutive and independent events.
And although getting a negative outcome 10 times in a row can happen, it's statistically very unlikely.

I looked at the code and noticed that I didn't even include the card effects (room upgrades and traits are working, but not cards and items)!

Thanks for letting me know!
I'll make sure that's fixed for next month's update.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
There is no "pair" of independent events. There is one event, with 2 outcomes. Success\Failure.
One of those outcomes (Failure), has a further 2 outcomes, Strike or Not, driven by odds of 3:1 in favour of Not.
Failing the customer interaction is on you.
Receiving a strike for it is on RNG.
You can fail it 1,000 times, the odds are still 3:1. RNG doesn't care about your previous attempts.
You've clearly never played games with loot boxes. :ROFLMAO:
Here's you might want to read before another reply. It explains the concept of a series of independent events you say don't exist.

In context of our discussion, the "series" was a failure to avoid a strike (an independent event with 1:4 odds) followed by another failure to avoid a strike (another independent event with 1:4 odds) followed by another independent failure... etc.

While you're right "the RNG doesn't care about your previous attempts" (which is what makes these individual events independent, with their odds unchanged) the math used to calculate probability of a series of specific outcomes does. It also has nothing to do with loot box nonsense.

Anyway, it looks like the matter was decidedly resolved, thanks to the game developer staying on top of the game. So, a happy end~

Reactions: xapican

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I did not mention a "series of independent events", never mind claim they do not exist.
If you're going to argue, please argue with what I actually say, rather than something from your own mind.

I said the "pair" you mentioned are not there.
Sigh. A "pair" is, in this context, "a series of two". That's why, when you questioned existence of a "pair" of events i've directed you to explanation on how probability for series (including "pairs") is calculated.

The rest of your reply makes it pretty clear you didn't take my advice, and now you're also messing up terminology of independent/dependent events. Whether out of ignorance or on purpose i cannot tell, but this is pointless to continue.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes