melnik143

May 2, 2017
Can you attach a copy of your player log, please? Use the Windows + R keys and paste the following into your Run box:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

You may need to put your log file in a .zip, .rar or .7z before uploading it here.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Regardless, it's still 3:1, on your 1st attempt, or your 1,001st.
Yes, it is. And none of the individual fails in the 10+ fail series are in any way suspect for that. However if we look at the series as a whole, it becomes different.

Let's assume we threw a coin each day who has to do the dishes. On any given day in a year it is either me or you, and there will be series where one has to go for quite a while in a row without anybody raising an eyebrow.

But if I were to tell you every day of the year that by pure chance the coin said "whichone will do the dishes", you might suspect that I am not producing purely random results and that either the coin itself or my throwing of it might not be fair.

This whole type of experiment (either something happens or it doesn't, we do it repeatedly and check the number of "successes", each individual outcome is independent of anything that happened prior, and so forth) is called a "Bernoulli process" and pretty well researched. And indeed the probability of 10 "fails" in a row given the conditions in this game is low enough to warrant a check. Which Faerin did, so the issue is resolved.

We can go back to our scheduled "can we fuck mum yet?" now.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
:cautious: the crash log doesn't say much either.

What you can try is to uninstall your gpu's driver with DDU ( ) and install them again.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Looking over the log, it appears this is causing your crash.
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\mDNS Responder\nimdnsNSP.dll:nimdnsNSP.dll (0000000063560000), size: 36864 (result: 0), SymType: '-deferred-', PDB: '', fileVersion: 214.3.1.49156
That's related to Bonjour. So if you try disabling that, that should solve the problem for you.

Reactions: TheDevian

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
Congratulations Faerin on finishing yet another project.
Do you have something already in mind for a new one or do you intend to stop for a while?
I hope Mystwood has the expected financial return..

Reactions: Faerin

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Congratulations Faerin on finishing yet another project.
Do you have something already in mind for a new one or do you intend to stop for a while?
I hope Mystwood has the expected financial return..
He does have something planned for November with a new game and he's also going to include a Halloween themed DLC for MwM on Steam this month.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
the night visits give me just a black screen. nothing else? no crash log no nothing.
no idea
Do you get that throughout the game or just at night? And is that renders or animation that happens in?

Reactions: TheDevian
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes