EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
didnt bother to look at 1st, but just realized this game is missing one key element that MotH had in spades, and I miss it...corruption. Somehow banging sis and/or mom w/o having to 1st corrupt them, just doesnt "feel" right to me.
I'm curious, how do you define 'corruption'?

For me its along the lines of;
Coercing a woman into something she does not want to do (ie, blackmailing or even forcing them), and they then come to 'like' it.
In other words, Stockholm Syndrome.

I don't remember that being the case in MotH.
Which I viewed more as seduction.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Big sis in MotH, was corruption. Mom, was seduction. Subtle difference between the two, but big sis came about via blackmail IIRC. That was the very foundation for turning her around.

I always thought the boat was missed in MotH re the Pizza shop girl. She was ripe for corruption having to work all the time, un(der)appreciated, etc etc.

But here? ZERO corruption, and to be fair, there is no corruption tag. Mom comes on to you, big sis comes on to you, just seems IMHO, anti-climatic.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Mom, was seduction.
Strange seduction, the MC exploits the lonliness, hacks her computer, set up a Psycho web, manipulates her feelings, just to satisfay his lust. at least with Claire.
then he gets blackmailed from the Neighbour wich happens to be a Psychoterapist,
With Veronica he starts blackmailing her, to get back and develops a Roleplay, with her he pimps her out to get his satisfaction for a threesome with Amy, (Partner in crime)
What was more or less seduction was with Ashley
Mystwood Manor was not a corruption game per se

Last edited:

dmmt

May 8, 2020
No, MM is not a corruption game, nor is it tagged as such. I was merely saying, I think a corruption route would have been a better route to go with the game. I just cant see a Mom and a sis, eagerly jumping son/bro's bones. I CAN see a guy however, deciding to corrupt his family for his own entertainment.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Big sis in MotH, was corruption. Mom, was seduction. Subtle difference between the two, but big sis came about via blackmail IIRC. That was the very foundation for turning her around.

I always thought the boat was missed in MotH re the Pizza shop girl. She was ripe for corruption having to work all the time, un(der)appreciated, etc etc.

But here? ZERO corruption, and to be fair, there is no corruption tag. Mom comes on to you, big sis comes on to you, just seems IMHO, anti-climatic.
In a way, you can consider it a corruption game, but everyone in the cast, including the player, are being corrupted by the mists, spirits, or whatever.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The difference between the LI's in MOH and this game is, at least to me, the girls in this game felt shallow. As if they didn't have a life outside of the hotel. Whereas the girls in MOH all had their own things going on, for the most part. On Corruption, I don't think the LI's in this game had enough of a unique personality to be corrupted. They are secondary to the hotel stuff.

Saw the posts earlier, and I'm glad the next game will (hopefully) be better balanced.

Reactions: Cartageno

tkwas

Sep 4, 2019
I have found another issue in the game.

When you assign Julia to the reception, save the game and then load game,
then the new guest will not arrive at first try.
If you reroll, or quit to main menu an then load, then new guest will arrive.
Only if you load w/o quitting to main menu, the new guest will not arrive, at the first try.

vimto

Jan 15, 2018
Any chance the 1.0.3 patch will get uploaded? It looks to fix the progression issue on one of the main story paths.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Umifutasu.....why the facepalm? Nothing I said was overtly absurd, just my opinion. I'd block you, but your profile is hidden, so I cant. If you're gonna react, dont hide while doing it.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Umifutasu.....why the facepalm? Nothing I said was overtly absurd, just my opinion. I'd block you, but your profile is hidden, so I cant. If you're gonna react, dont hide while doing it.
It's the internet... ya can't let silly crap like that get under your skin.

But... if your in a 'salty' mood and want to stir the pot...
You could just thank them for increasing your reaction score (since F95 tallies everything as positive reactions)

There's been a time or two I really got someone fired up by thanking them for the upvote after they palmed my post :devilish:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Any chance the 1.0.3 patch will get uploaded? It looks to fix the progression issue on one of the main story paths.
I am not sure about that, but odds are the next update will be out in a few weeks, and it should have the fix.

Reactions: MajesticPepe

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
such a shame that you can't have fun with the girls during their shifts outside of route progression. It was the biggest thing I was counting on when I downloaded this game.

MajesticPepe

Jul 27, 2022
I'm not sure Faerin will do any new guest scenes in the next update (though hard to tell with the Halloween themed update planned, not to mention the couple of bugs that were reported after release), but that one will be the last as he is eager on starting on the next game in November. Having to do new guest scenes would put the new game on hold for another month and he's already promised his patrons a new game next month.
Whatever Faerin decides, it is what it is. It's a good game and I had a lot of fun playing Mystwood Manor.

I really hope the storyline of The Bodyguard is as long as Man of the House or at least longer than Mystwood Manor.

I can't wait for the Halloween update until the next game. Faerin is one of the best devs out there aside from Motkeyz, Bold Bash Studios, Lewdlab, etc.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes