Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
My game stuch at “Relieving tension” mission of Julia and game crash every time when animation play. The game freeze and crash in the beginning of every animation play. Please help me guys. I tried everything multimedia pack,c++ but nothing works
Can you attach your player log, please?

Use the Windows + R keys and paste this into the Run box:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Add the player log to a Zip, RAR or 7z before attaching it.

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
My game stuch at “Relieving tension” mission of Julia and game crash every time when animation play. The game freeze and crash in the beginning of every animation play. Please help me guys. I tried everything multimedia pack,c++ but nothing works
are you playing 1.1.0 and you played last time 1.0.2 ? (I can imagine that the saves are not compatible at some point)
did you try to move your game to C: Mystood Manor / ?
Edit: just saw that Sycho has it already but I am asking me if the save are compatible betweeen the Steam and the Patreon ver.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Misсha Petrov is a male name and surname, not a female one. Maybe he's not transgender?
As someone else said, her given name was supposed to be a gender neutral name (according to the web), though apparently it is like 'Devin' where it is more commonly used by males, but how can a surname be masculine? A surname is your family name, everyone in the family has the same surname (unless neither parent changes theirs when they marry), it does not change by gender. Most people in the world, have their father's surname.

Besides, in this day and age, we should stop worrying about such things anyway. Anyone can use any name they want, I mean, who here is not using a fake name? lol

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
but how can a surname be masculine? A surname is your family name, everyone in the family has the same surname (unless neither parent changes theirs when they marry), it does not change by gender. Most people in the world, have their father's surname.
It does in some countries. Check out somewhere like Iceland.
If my name is Gunnar, then my son is *forename Gunnarsson & my daughter is *forename Gunnarsdottir.
For non-binary offspring, they can use "bur" (child of) instead of son or dottir.

This is how most Norse countries used to name their children. I think Iceland is the last remaining one that uses this system.

I presume that other countries also have gender specific surnames, e.g. Bulgarian footballer, Stiliyan Petrov. His wife's surname is Petrova.
Thanks, Mr. Path. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
Being led up the garden path...

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It does in some countries. Check out somewhere like Iceland.
If my name is Gunnar, then my son is *forename Gunnarsson & my daughter is *forename Gunnarsdottir.
For non-binary offspring, they can use "bur" (child of) instead of son or dottir.

This is how most Norse countries used to name their children. I think Iceland is the last remaining one that uses this system.

I presume that other countries also have gender specific surnames, e.g. Bulgarian footballer, Stiliyan Petrov. His wife's surname is Petrova.

:ROFLMAO:
Being led up the garden path...
Interesting. Good to learn new things every day. :WeSmart:

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Interesting. Good to learn new things every day. :WeSmart:
From i:
"In some cultures and languages, especially the Baltic languages (Latvian and Lithuanian), and most of the Slavic languages (such as Bulgarian, Russian, Slovak, Czech, etc.) and some other nations – Greece and Iceland – surnames change form depending on the gender of the bearer.

Some Slavic cultures originally distinguished the surnames of married and unmarried women by different suffixes, but this distinction is no longer widely observed."

I did not know it was common in quite so many places, especially not Greece!

Reactions: TheDevian

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I knew about the Slavic "Xxxova" to "Xxxov" and similar, but when in Lithuania (it was a couple years ago) I really stumbled across the fact that indeed if a girl told you her full name, you knew whether she was married or not.

The Icelandic variation isn't a family name as such - they don't have a family name (thus it changes every generation). Russian even has both and the last name is often less important than the patronym. So Vladimir, son of Igor Petrov, would be Vladimir Igorovich Petrov - and more likely known to his acquaintances as Vladimir Igorovich than Vladimir Petrov.

Of course many names which are now "normal" family names started off as patronyms - basically everything ending in "-son", the Scottish "Max Xxx", Irish "O'Xxx" and so forth, but by now do not indicate the name of your father anymore.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
From i:
"In some cultures and languages, especially the Baltic languages (Latvian and Lithuanian), and most of the Slavic languages (such as Bulgarian, Russian, Slovak, Czech, etc.) and some other nations – Greece and Iceland – surnames change form depending on the gender of the bearer.

Some Slavic cultures originally distinguished the surnames of married and unmarried women by different suffixes, but this distinction is no longer widely observed."

I did not know it was common in quite so many places, especially not Greece!
It is interesting, I have studied a lot of cultures, even some which were very sexist and possessing, but I had not seen that particular tradition before. I suppose, when I was looking into that part of the world, I was more concerned with mythology than family names. lol

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I knew about the Slavic "Xxxova" to "Xxxov" and similar, but when in Lithuania (it was a couple years ago) I really stumbled across the fact that indeed if a girl told you her full name, you knew whether she was married or not.

The Icelandic variation isn't a family name as such - they don't have a family name (thus it changes every generation). Russian even has both and the last name is often less important than the patronym. So Vladimir, son of Igor Petrov, would be Vladimir Igorovich Petrov - and more likely known to his acquaintances as Vladimir Igorovich than Vladimir Petrov.

Of course many names which are now "normal" family names started off as patronyms - basically everything ending in "-son", the Scottish "Max Xxx", Irish "O'Xxx" and so forth, but by now do not indicate the name of your father anymore.
"In Greece, if a man called Papadopoulos has a daughter, she will likely be named Papadopoulou, the genitive form, as if the daughter is "of" a man named Papadopoulos.
In Lithuania, if the husband is named Vilkas, his wife will be named Vilkienė and his unmarried daughter will be named Vilkaitė. Male surnames have suffixes -as, -is, -ius, or -us, unmarried girl surnames aitė, -ytė, -iūtė or -utė, wife surnames -ienė."

I knew son & dottir, from Norse traditions, but I had no idea the similar custom was so widespread in Baltic & Slavic nations & I certainly did not know that Greece used a similar system.

Where did you go, for your education? Oxford? Cambridge?
Nah, F95 Zone. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018

"In Greece, if a man called Papadopoulos has a daughter, she will likely be named Papadopoulou, the genitive form, as if the daughter is "of" a man named Papadopoulos.
In Lithuania, if the husband is named Vilkas, his wife will be named Vilkienė and his unmarried daughter will be named Vilkaitė. Male surnames have suffixes -as, -is, -ius, or -us, unmarried girl surnames aitė, -ytė, -iūtė or -utė, wife surnames -ienė."

I knew son & dottir, from Norse traditions, but I had no idea the similar custom was so widespread in Baltic & Slavic nations & I certainly did not know that Greece used a similar system.

Where did you go, for your education? Oxford? Cambridge?
Nah, F95 Zone. :ROFLMAO:
Apparently, both of you passed :ROFLMAO:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xillonen

Jan 2, 2020
I've done multiple searches throughout this thread but I'm still stuck...
Does anyone know how to unlock the Gallery picture 7,8 for Julia, 7,8 for Amber, 7 for Kay, 7 for Laura, 7 for Hana and 1st for Catalina?
The 7 ones are when they masturbate apparently but I have no idea what conditions need to be setup in order to trigger those (I have everything else unlocked, stalling on finishing the game) and the 8 ones, respectively 1st for Catalina are with Amanda when they train (I have set them up to train, individually, Gallery didn't unlock the picture).
Would really appreciate it. Thanks

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Xillonen, when they are Training from the Planing Menu, hit play select >Check on Staff > Check Catarina (Should be a heart undeneath her pic in the selection menu)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I've done multiple searches throughout this thread but I'm still stuck...
Does anyone know how to unlock the Gallery picture 7,8 for Julia, 7,8 for Amber, 7 for Kay, 7 for Laura, 7 for Hana and 1st for Catalina?
The 7 ones are when they masturbate apparently but I have no idea what conditions need to be setup in order to trigger those (I have everything else unlocked, stalling on finishing the game) and the 8 ones, respectively 1st for Catalina are with Amanda when they train (I have set them up to train, individually, Gallery didn't unlock the picture).
Would really appreciate it. Thanks
Julia's and Amber's image #7 is when she is assigned to housekeeping after you have found the "special item". #8 is when she is in the study.

Kay's image #7 is when she is assigned to maintenance after you have found the "special item".

Laura's image #7 is when she is assigned to healthcare after you have found the "special item".

And Hana's first image is when she is wearing her level 1 outfit while assigned to security.

There's also a gallery guide on here as well if you need it. The link to it is in OP.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018
getting stuck at system assets, yes i looked at FAQ and followed the fixes, none worked. even emptied the folder onto the desk top and couldn't load the game

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
getting stuck at system assets, yes i looked at FAQ and followed the fixes, none worked. even emptied the folder onto the desk top and couldn't load the game
Can you attach your player log, please?

Use the Windows + R keys and paste this into your Run box:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

You'll need to put the log in a Zip, RAR or 7z file before attaching it.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes