Oct 9, 2022
Yo I hope this new game has fewer characters but more scenes for each of them. Definitely felt tedious being forced to go through the storylines and scenes of the characters I don't care for/not attracted to in order to get best endings and stuff like that. And then due to the large cast there were fewer scenes and less attention to characters I felt deserved them. I understand this is my opinion and some are thrilled with the diverse cast and variety. Just feel like in this case for this game in particular there was an imbalance and lack of scenes the entire game considered. Of course I respect and appreciate dev's work but there are other barriers in place which "force" the player to play through the game (no name change option) whereas other games make it easy to "plug and play." Dev is entitled to do things as he pleases but can consider that games can be more user - friendly. Cheers happy holidays

FlyByMan

Jan 8, 2022
So, I might be the dum-dum, but after building the kitchen and chosen any activity, all I get is a black screen. I don't know how to progress properly from there.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So, I might be the dum-dum, but after building the kitchen and chosen any activity, all I get is a black screen. I don't know how to progress properly from there.
Can you attach a copy of your save and player log, please? You will find the log by using the Windows + R keys and pasting the following in your Run box:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Reactions: TheDevian

FlyByMan

Jan 8, 2022
Can you attach a copy of your save and player log, please? You will find the log by using the Windows + R keys and pasting the following in your Run box:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor
Okay. Here you go!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Then you're not looking hard enough. The requirements are on the last page of the quick guide. It's directly underneath the requirements for the safe deposit box (the MC's "Cracking the case") event. It literally says, "Steps to obtain the special “item” (not available in “Story” mode)". ;)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I've seen people complain this has too much grind but to be honest I found it to be a pretty entertaining grind, it was hard to stop playing. View attachment 2272200 View attachment 2272200
Well, as you are a Love of Magic fan, I am not surprised ;) Also, judgment of grind in sandbox-style or management games is difficult to judge unless you know the finished product, because it can feel more grindy or less grindy depending on approach and preferences.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Well Happy New Year to you all, Sycho ,Cartageno , TheDevian ,S3pHiroTh ,larry5168 ,cold_arctus and to all the members on this tread may 2023 bring you peace, luck, prosperity and happiness specially to Faerin and his family best of luck for your new project and thank's for sharing this tread with me,
so now i gona get myself some caipirinha and Champs see you all next year !
PD.: larry5168 and cold_arctus Ihr im g'scheitem Deitschland, des Kölsch könnt's selber saufa ! Prosit 2023 !;):ROFLMAO: (you in the real germany the kölsch beer you can drink it yourself * free translation form bavarian language )

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well Happy New Year to you all, Sycho ,Cartageno , TheDevian ,S3pHiroTh ,larry5168 ,cold_arctus and to all the members on this tread may 2023 bring you peace, luck, prosperity and happiness specially to Faerin and his family best of luck for your new project and thank's for sharing this tread with me,
PD.: larry5168 and cold_arctus Ihr im g'scheitem Deitschland, des Kölsch könnt's selber saufa ! Prosit 2023 !;):ROFLMAO: (you in the real germany the kölsch beer you can drink it yourself * free translation form bavarian language )
Thanks, all the best to you too.

Though ... as a fellow (but Non-Bavarian) German: may I still refuse to drink Kölsch? I mean, the last three years were bad enough for all of us, no need to make 2024 worse still ...

Last edited:

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Maybe someone here can clear something up for me. So on trying to boot I get a black screen, in installation there was a link marked "Black screen fix", convenient, leads me to C++ redist. No big deal, but, Windows won't allow me to install it because I have a newer version of both packages already. So I'd have to find and delete the newer packages (which would likely update on their own in the near future) to install the old ones. Is that the whole meat and potatoes of the issue, the game won't work on newer versions of C++?

Thanks in advance, and happy new year.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Maybe someone here can clear something up for me. So on trying to boot I get a black screen, in installation there was a link marked "Black screen fix", convenient, leads me to C++ redist. No big deal, but, Windows won't allow me to install it because I have a newer version of both packages already. So I'd have to find and delete the newer packages (which would likely update on their own in the near future) to install the old ones. Is that the whole meat and potatoes of the issue, the game won't work on newer versions of C++?

Thanks in advance, and happy new year.
Which version of the VC++ Redistributable do you have?

corinthiano

Oct 20, 2019
here in brazil I wish a great year to everyone in the community and to the latin brothers and a year with great projects for everyone

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Which version of the VC++ Redistributable do you have?
I just now noticed there was an FAQ, and feel like a bit of a tool for not checking it first. However it didn't fully clear it up. Looking through in add or remove programs it appears I have 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015-2019, on Windows 10, both x64 and x86 of each iteration.

The FAQ says it needs 2015 and that specifically the 2017/2019 runtime won't work with it, but I'm seeing it listed as 2015-2019 in my programs.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Just to make sure, I'd remove the 2015 - 2019 version because the version of the multi-year one I know works is 2015 - 2022.

Have no fear; Winblows will figure it out your next update cycle and fix what it doesn't like :)

1672543721419.png

PS - Obviously if this doesn't work, I'll be around a bit so let me know.

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Just to make sure, I'd remove the 2015 - 2019 version because the version of the multi-year one I know works is 2015 - 2022.

Have no fear; Winblows will figure it out your next update cycle and fix what it doesn't like :)

View attachment 2277849

PS - Obviously if this doesn't work, I'll be around a bit so let me know.
Thanks bud. I tried removing the old one and going with the 2015-2022, no dice, installing the 2015 version first then that one over, no dice, tried just rawdogging 2015 in there and still nothing. Just loads into a black screen, no audio, no progression, just a cursor. No gsync, no extraneous antivirus, no apparent driver issues, so I may try redownloading; though the download looks fine. Either way, thanks for the advice and I hope you had a nice holiday season. ;)

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes