ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Thanks bud. I tried removing the old one and going with the 2015-2022, no dice, installing the 2015 version first then that one over, no dice, tried just rawdogging 2015 in there and still nothing. Just loads into a black screen, no audio, no progression, just a cursor. No gsync, no extraneous antivirus, no apparent driver issues, so I may try redownloading; though the download looks fine. Either way, thanks for the advice and I hope you had a nice holiday season. ;)
Hmm. I never needed anything once I put that one on.

Couple other quick questions:
Are you using any mod?
Are you getting a player log? If so, can you attach it? (%appdata%\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor)
Finally, can you confirm your version number?

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Hmm. I never needed anything once I put that one on.

Couple other quick questions:
Are you using any mod?
Are you getting a player log? If so, can you attach it? (%appdata%\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor)
Finally, can you confirm your version number?
I didn't even know it was giving me a log (since it wasn't technically crashing, it just was staying black until I would kill it), figured out what its issue was in finding it (where you said to look) and skimming over the player log. It was giving an "unauthorized, yada yada, access denied" line, even though I allowed it permission when prompted and always run admin privileges. Specifically running the exe as an administrator beforehand and then okaying the prompt and it booted right up. Might have been the only issue the whole time.

Thanks for sparing me your time and some of that big brain energy. (y)

EDIT: For posterity version was 1.1.0 and no mods.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I didn't even know it was giving me a log (since it wasn't technically crashing, it just was staying black until I would kill it), figured out what its issue was in finding it (where you said to look) and skimming over the player log. It was giving an "unauthorized, yada yada, access denied" line, even though I allowed it permission when prompted and always run admin privileges. Specifically running the exe as an administrator beforehand and then okaying the prompt and it booted right up. Might have been the only issue the whole time.

Sorry, had to sign off for a bit due to 2023 starting in my time zone...

If you are running from a protected folder (program files or something similar), that explains it. We have found that for gaming purposes a simple root-folder (like c:\games) tends to cause fewer problems for Unity games in general; MwM included.

PS - Thanks for letting us know you got it working. Happy New Year, and Game-On!

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017

Which video card do you have? because the black screen will not be solved with Visual C++ runtime (those runtime will fix the problem that the game images will not load and you will see a fog instead).
The black screen you are mentioning is more likely another point on my FAQ

1672551952627.png

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Which video card do you have? because the black screen will not be solved with Visual C++ runtime (those runtime will fix the problem that the game images will not load and you will see a fog instead).
The black screen you are mentioning is more likely another point on my FAQ

View attachment 2277971
2060 super, but I'd already covered that base. Driver issues didn't seem to be the culprit, and I don't use gsync. We figured out the issue was I have my designated Games folder for games like this in Program Files (x86) (because that's where most other games end up going anyway), so despite running a profile with admin permissions and allowing the program to "make changes" when prompted, it would not properly boot. Right clicking the exe and specifically telling it to run as admin then allowing it to "make changes" it started up normally. Haven't gotten around to properly testing the game, but it loaded into the menu just fine after that.

Might be worth adding that contingency to the FAQ, if you were so inclined. "Try right clicking the exe and selecting "Run as administrator" when booting" or something to that effect under possible black screen solutions; since it ended up being my issue. I appreciate that you put a fairly comprehensive one together already, though. (y)

Reactions: S3pHiroTh

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
View attachment 2278074
bug?I can't start the game
Can you please confirm what version of the game you have?

We found this (or something very like it) several versions ago, where it was possible to un-assign Julia, and then re-assigning her to the lobby caused a loop you couldn't get out of. That way of getting into the loop was fixed, so if you could let us know what steps you took to have this happen we would appreciate it.

ygjhttt

Dec 24, 2018
I understand how the pill works, you should give a girl a pink pill and a purple pill at the same time before going to bed at night, and the next morning she will regain four trait points, and each trait point you can choose from one of the three options, and what the pink pill does is when you don't like all three options, you can refresh them.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I understand how the pill works, you should give a girl a pink pill and a purple pill at the same time before going to bed at night, and the next morning she will regain four trait points, and each trait point you can choose from one of the three options, and what the pink pill does is when you don't like all three options, you can refresh them.
The other one is needed for removing negative traits on the girls.

Zorg6666

Nov 13, 2020
Hi everybody,
I've just finished the step Cracking the case and i need to go fishing, but i don't see the boutique in the card to buy some stuff.
Thanks for any help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I can't get that Halloween card that Julia never gave me, please help me
To get the Halloween card, you must have paid off the bank debt, your Manor level needs to be at 5 and you need to be playing in Normal mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes