Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Exactly this happend for me just this moment on my first try of the game.

There should be a warning about building the maintenance room before building the sauna (and/or maybe the same happens when building the gym before, don't know yet). My kitchen broke down (@40%) before I had enough money to build the maintenance room and my little hotel was doomed.

Beside this my first impression is really good. I really like the esthetics of this game. The models and the UI are really nice and well designed. Some parts could improve in telling the player what is implemented yet or not to prevent wasting time on stuff not in the game with the current build. Some stuff just stops like getting hotel exp or destiny points without "saying" anything. Maybe us some kind of tooltip to show thats all for now but more will come in the future. Maybe the xxx/99999999 for exp on some stats means exactly this, but could be presented more clear for the player.

I'm a sucker for games with a management part and hope it will keep on delievering on this promising first impression.

Wish the dev the best and good luck with this project and hope everything works out as he envisions it.
Thanks MisterL!
You and Andvand make a valid point about the maintenance room.
I'll look into this and see how I can prevent this.
One suggestion from a player was just making the maintenance room cost 0 to upgrade, as part of the storyline.
Perhaps that would be a better approach.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback!

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
hey is it normal that i can't look at any of the staffs progress the events they have I can only look at mcs sorry about the taskbar unity doesn't work with taking screenshots for me properly hope you can see what I mean faerin also I can't seem to save my game it's locked my save is compatible this save is from v0.1.2 02831ecdeacc7cd0d02078bf1ef05f4b.jpg

Last edited:

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
hey is it normal that i can't look at any of the staffs progress the events they have I can only look at mcs sorry about the taskbar unity doesn't work with taking screenshots for me properly hope you can see what I mean faerin also I can't seem to save my game it's locked my save is compatible this save is from v0.1.2 View attachment 754480
No, this is not normal. Are you using a save from a (much) earlier release perhaps?
Saves haves only been transferable for the last 3 updates or so.
I think you either have a corrupted or modded(?) savegame on your hands.

Not being to save the game would fit that (I assume you have extracted the game before playing, otherwise there wouldn't be a save to load in the first place).

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
No, this is not normal. Are you using a save from a (much) earlier release perhaps?
Saves haves only been transferable for the last 3 updates or so.
I think you either have a corrupted or modded(?) savegame on your hands.

Not being to save the game would fit that (I assume you have extracted the game before playing, otherwise there wouldn't be a save to load in the first place).
no it's from the last version I'll delete the save and get it from the last version again
Edit: still same issue man it works completely fine on 0.1.2 not sure why it won't work on this one

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
0.1.3k The German translation is improvable.

Not that some sentence are not translated it is a lot of english words that you normal not use in german (we have our own words for it normal it goes to near zero english words in german). And only a person use this that have a low school education then normal a german speak only german and not german-english (ghetto language or for american people - people that in america called "white trash").

For example

Dad=Vater, Papa
Mom=Mutter
Lobby=Empfangshalle,Halle

and so on

In the sentence in the beginning "Hausarbeiten" what normal is "Renovierungsarbeiten" (Hero is working on the ladder). "Hausarbeiten" is cleaning rooms and so on. "Renovierungsarbeiten" is normal that you make near all new and "Hausarbeiten" it is near you repair only a few things and I would say you would it never say today in german in this context. I say it only because in south america they speak a german partially what is around 1900 and a lot of words they don´t use it anymore or have today another meaning.

You can understand it (good german it isn´t). I have had in the past a disscussion with translators from the normal game "Wasteland 2" and the answer was from the school the most know the meaning from the word so we use it.

I say it only I have no time myself and youself must know what you make about this information.
Quoted for truth, mostly. IMO "Lobby" is pretty common these days, especially when talking hotel, but "Empfangshalle" or shorter "Empfang" works, too (for the purposes of this game, where you're talking about the room as well as the function, including the room would be better though). Also, I never heard "Hausarbeiten" in the plural, but that may be regional, for me that sounds more like a weird way of saying "Hausaufgaben" which would be (school kid's) homework. So even German speakers can't agree ;)

Dunno about the time schedule, if it was not too strict, I would be willing to have a look at text files.

Side note: the worst translation offender I know of (in professional gaming) must have been Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Apparently those translations were made by people who had no idea about fantasy settings and role playing games, so translated word for word and described stuff. So a "Small healing potion" became a "Schwacher Trank der Lebensenergiewiederherstellung" (weak potion of restoration of life energy). Which was too long for the inventory screen, so we were treated to beauties like "Schw. Tr. d. Le.en.-W." (probably a pretty safe password). Never mind that for decades the term "Heiltrank" existed for that ... (go ahead and google "Schw. Tr. d. Le.en.-W." to see some pretty pictures of how our inventories looked)

• Haha
Reactions: Faerin

Jcompt

Sep 24, 2017
Does anyone get a black screen when trying to replay Julia's "slip of the tongue" event ?.
It freezes the game and the only way to get out is to force quit!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Edrick23

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Thanks MisterL!
You and Andvand make a valid point about the maintenance room.
I'll look into this and see how I can prevent this.
One suggestion from a player was just making the maintenance room cost 0 to upgrade, as part of the storyline.
Perhaps that would be a better approach.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback!
At the time I wrote my post above I wasn't aware that you couldn't build the maintenance room before building the sauna as it is part of the story progression. Because of this I like the idea about the maintenance room being free (maybe increase the priece of the sauna to compensate for the free maintenance room). Neven tried to build the gym before the sauna, don't know if it a trigger for the maintenance room aswell.

After releaoding and saving up ~30k I build the sauna and the maintenance room at the same time. The appearence of Kay seemed kinda tight in a timely manner, because from her father telling about his daughter and the first talk with her up to her first shift my hotel went down to 30% and several services shutting down.

Just finished my first playthrough of the content and I'm still impressed! Can't wait for more (y)

One last question: Do the items work? It doesn't seem like or I don't understand them. The results doesn't change for the girls doing the same action one time with the item and the next time without. For example the silver platter for the restaurant. Skill level 2 and the result of the dish was 60%, same with or without the platter.

Reactions: Faerin

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Does anyone get a black screen when trying to replay Julia's "slip of the tongue" event ?.
It freezes the game and the only way to get out is to force quit!!!
I have confirmed this is indeed a bug. Thanks for the report. I'll let Faerin know ASAP.

Reactions: Jcompt

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
here's the save faerin can you see what the issue is when you can cause it's fine on the last version
Thanks! I'll look into it and get back to you.

One last question: Do the items work? It doesn't seem like or I don't understand them. The results doesn't change for the girls doing the same action one time with the item and the next time without. For example the silver platter for the restaurant. Skill level 2 and the result of the dish was 60%, same with or without the platter.
Thanks!
No. Item effects haven't been implemented yet (neither are tarot cards).

Reactions: MisterL

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
Haven't been around for a long time started the game and finished in couple of hours. Haven't encountered any bugs on this build and it's definitely playable without cheats.I maxed out all the girls stats.The game is still at a very early stage. So I did not have much expectations.But it was good.Waiting for next updates

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcompt and Faerin

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
How I get the second Kay event (the "far from the tree" thing)?
Also, after Amber events guest stop showing up as if some weird pandemic is running wild outside the hotel and nobody noticed.

Wishmazter

Mar 2, 2018
is the destiny stuff locked/broken/bugged..been satisfying the guests and counter still reads zero and purple mist has not moved either???

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
The extra slots are spaces for guests to wait in (if you don't have a room available right away).
It might be changed to accepting multiple guests at once during the check in phase, this was discussed on patreon before, but I haven't decided yet. I will probably add it to the next gameplay poll.
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure what you mean, I have checked this before and have not been able to find this bug.
So without more information (or a savegame in which this occurs) it's very hard to fix if I can't reproduce it.

Are you sure you understand the way the energy works correctly?
If you move a staff member from their slot, you see the actual energy.
If you assign her to a slot or to rest, you see the increase/decrease in energy that will give.
So if she shows 0 energy on the housekeeping slot, she will have 25 energy.
Move her to the rest area and you will see it go up to 75.
After sleeping for the night, the energy goes up to 50.

If still think this is bugged, please let me know.
When you have a worker that is on Day 2 with Energy 0 working? I have said it on 1.2 as bug and when you don´t found it play your game yourself.

You need your mom to find a new guest, you need her in the kitchen and she cleans. These are all main works in the beginning !!! It is a little bit better when you unlock all other staff members (in 1.2).

Aso in 1.2. it is you can open a room and maybe you haven´t played the repair stuff member free or you have not the money and you can´t repair the room. In 1.2 the room was near 0 as I get her that I can repair the room.

The problem is you must load a lot of time because you can´t satisfy the guest wish that (you have no money you can´t buy the room or you have not the stuff member for it) in 1.2. Now with this it is not playable without cheating normal because your Mom does the most work and Energy 0 means 0.

At Day 3 you can say I can close the hotel because after the 1. guest I taken the nun as 2. guest and because you can´t do the cleaning you can´t fullfill the wish from the guest. The closing from the kitchen means that you can make insolvency.

Nun guest
Sure I can say f*** about it and then?
Day 4
Mom - cleaning
Mom kitchen - or guest no matter again cleaning
Mom - lobby (for a new guest)

And so on where is the free time for your working mom???

So your moms energy is all time when you have not the other staff members near 0 or 0 or she needs a better recovery from energy in the night.

Or you as manager can do aso work in the hotel maybe all works as a fire worker when you have problems with your workers (german saying).

You have a problem with the working time, repair time and pollution time. Play your game without cheating from the begining take the 1. guest he offer to you all time and say me if you have problems to play it or not.

I played in my life a lot of economy games and for me it is a more interesting game with it. The problem is with this now you have more problems as in 1.2 I say and in 1.2 was it not all time easy to have good values (%) in your hotel and gave the workers the free time for recovering.

You have her all my saves for this version and when you really tell me I can change the working schedule when you lead a hotel then say me the point.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
How I get the second Kay event (the "far from the tree" thing)?
Also, after Amber events guest stop showing up as if some weird pandemic is running wild outside the hotel and nobody noticed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can you provide a save when this occurs? Thanks! :)

Reactions: GaboCAP

derive

May 2, 2018
Is there any walkthrough for version 0.13? There is no hint system in the game. Dunno how to unlock the events

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes