3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
Not for now, as it's not my thing I don't know if I will have the skills to write about it, although if it's demanded by the players in a future poll or something I could work on it as a way that it turns to be an optional route.
Don't go there young man. Close this door before the shit festival.

The worst mistake for a developer is to leave this door open. Either you do it or you don't, including that sort of thing after so many are involved in the game will be your end. You will be hunted like hell.

So friendly council, it's not your thing, don't do it. Write and create your game as you imagined and with your tastes, it is more pleasurable for a writer to write things he likes than to be forced to create things he doesn't like.

So if your tastes are aimed at harem, don't mix with these 3 letters, you will cause a war where the only one affected will be your project.

That said, make your project as you envisioned it, whether with or without NTR. But make it clear what you planned. Putting this to a vote does not put people to bed here, it will only generate confusion and arguments.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Not for now, as it's not my thing I don't know if I will have the skills to write about it, although if it's demanded by the players in a future poll or something I could work on it as a way that it turns to be an optional route.
Don't do it if it's not your thing, but please let us know ahead of time before we get hooked on it I personally am not a fan of it.

Last edited:

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
Don't do it if it's not your thing, but please let us know ahead of time before we get hooked on it I personally am not a fan of it.
mythacad
Make your words my words. I'm all for the freedom of creation for DEVs. I just want one thing to change, transparency. Making it clear where your game is going is the best thing he can do.

I'm also one of the ones who don't like NTR in the games I play, so when the DEV warns you in advance that it's going to happen and that it's going to be unavoidable or just skippable, I don't even touch it. But I get annoyed when the game's proposal is a harem game, and out of nowhere nonsense NTR routes appear to please some people.

So just to be clear, and without any pressure on the DEV, I'm here for HAREM/romance/incest/fantasy.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
mythacad
Make your words my words. I'm all for the freedom of creation for DEVs. I just want one thing to change, transparency. Making it clear where your game is going is the best thing he can do.

I'm also one of the ones who don't like NTR in the games I play, so when the DEV warns you in advance that it's going to happen and that it's going to be unavoidable or just skippable, I don't even touch it. But I get annoyed when the game's proposal is a harem game, and out of nowhere nonsense NTR routes appear to please some people.

So just to be clear, and without any pressure on the DEV, I'm here for HAREM/romance/incest/fantasy.
Amen to do that brother and let's say it does have those 3 letters from hell even if it's avoidable we still will be missing content which I'm am not a fan of missing any content during my play of the game so I say don't add it so I say add the panned tag on discord or Patreon saying No NTR/Sharing PLANNED as for present tag and future tag Harem/Lesbian/Superpower those are good enough as it.

Last edited:

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
Just finished playing and I loved it so far.

1- A good fantasy VN about Greek mythology which I love.
2- all the models are beautiful so far even the MC lol and they look different from each other.
3- The partial sandbox part of the game is done well with a hint system.
4- Renders and effects are beautiful and diverse.
5- The writing and story was very enjoyable from start to finish.
6- The characters feel like their own people with different personalities.
7- It's not an all female game which I always find weird. There are a few male characters who seem like they are going to be your friends and one who is a rival.

Only complaint I have so far is some miner typos but I noticed one mistake that kept happening over and over again which is "I see you around" instead of "I'll see you around"

All in all I'm excited for this and I wish you luck @mythacad

Last edited:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Pretty good for a demo with a decent amount of content to start as well. Things seem a bit rushed as you're jumping ahead pretty fast without any time to adjust, but it isn't too bad. Could really benefit from some music or even sound effects, as the pure silence is bothersome lol. But overall, not bad. Looking forward to how things progress. :)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just started the game. Think about looking for a proofreader. Seems like English isn't your native language. It's absolutely not as bad as some games with obscene Engrish, but it's a bit distracting nonetheless. Also, the dialogues are sounding a bit bland because of the limited amount of flair and speech patterns. Try not to end up with a script where everyone ends up with the same way of speaking.

The most glaring and annoying thing in the first 5 minutes of gameplay is the use of "Academia." Academia is not a common noun used to refer to a certain place. It's an abstract noun referring to the world of academics - from the collective institutions around the world, to the people involved and even the basic idea of educational pursuits.

You won't say things like I'm going to the academia. You would say I'm going to the academy.

Some examples of "academia" used in a sentence off of google because I'm lazy.
  1. Gail found the real world of business to be quite different from what she learned in academia.
  2. Because Jared wanted to earn several doctoral degrees, he planned on spending most of his life in academia.
  3. The college does not have any sports teams because its focus is solely on its academia.
You see, academia never refers to a specific place.

Too much info that no one asked about:
I assume the term academia came into the collective consciousness of laymen and weebs around the world after My Hero Academia became popular. The "Academia" in the title is not referring to a the specific school they are going to. It's an abstract term to describe the academic world of heroes. Similarly, your game's title, Myth Academia, is not problematic if it is referring to the educational and academic world of "Myths," and not a specific school called "Myth Academia." If you noticed, MHA never refers to the school as "Hero Academia." The school has a name (U.A. High School).

That concludes the English 101 course for freshmen Myths.

Reactions: wordone

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Ok... I'm sold! That overwiew totaly got me! I'm just going to hope you will write good story and make sex scenes good with well maked animations. Thanks for demo.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
If it goes harem I am in if it goes NTR I would be out in a heartbeat and be even more upset if its thrown in "later after getting invested into the game a dev throwing NTR in out of the blue is a great way to lose players and supporters. If people want NTR go play a game that starts with NTR in the demo. I wil be watching till a little more content comes out but leave the NTR to NTR based games please.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The world building has some holes in logic. It seems like the entire thing is based on the Greek Pantheon. Mostly dealing with the well known gods too. Actually, every single character was a child of one of the main gods in Greek Mythology. So do these dozen or so gods sire 400 children every year or something? Where is this Academy located? Are they bringing in people from all over the world, or is it just in the US or something? The intro makes it seem like magic and gods are an everyday thing. I mean, the mom was happy that MC got the powers. The MC treats it like a passing event. "Oh, that dang god powers flooding my room. What a bother." Everyone seems so nonchalant about the whole thing, but this is a universe where demigods are hunted down by monsters or other gods. It seems like it would be a big deal and something that would be very hard to keep secret from the general public. Is there some secret organization that has so much influence and power that they can keep monster attacks and magical accidents from getting on the news? Maybe I misinterpreted the script and the existence of gods are not actually a well kept secret. Why did the mother not tell him anything about Poseidon then? She only told him after he manifested the powers. Why would the gods bother with keeping things a secret? Are they not immortal? If they want to keep it a secret, why do they reproduce like hamster with humans?

I suggest taking a look over the plot outline and decide conclusively if the gods are integrated into everyday society, or if it's a well kept secret. It's going both ways, and the actions of the characters are often contradictory because of this.

You have some interesting ideas for the story. Need some work on the execution and delivery of the plot, though. Good luck.

P.S. Copying BaDIK phone and UI so blatantly is kind of ehh...

Last edited:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Without an incest tag, I'm worried Thalia isn't an option in this game :(
I mean lets be real. This seems to revolve around Greek mythology and the Greek deities in particular so every last student is related and if you know anything about Greek mythology you know incest wasn't a deterrent.

My only complaint is a daughter of Artemis was mentioned...which shouldn't really be a thing as she, along a few others, were Virgin goddesses and Artemis in particular defended that status violently.

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Definitely enjoyed this this, and I must say, for it being a Demo, you packed a shit-ton into it! Has a very "Percy Jackson went to College instead of Camp Half-Blood" feel to it, and I like it! Yeah, there are grammatical issues here and there, but not to bad, and not uncommon with a first release/demo.
As for those three little letters: If you aren't into that kinda stuff, don't try to add it. This is Your story, first and foremost, and you are sharing a labor of Your Love. The moment you start making changes to fit others needs is the moment you also start losing the drive for your story, and/or when the story starts to die, and I've seen it happen before. Plenty of games have gone Abandoned or shitty end because Devs capitulated vs stuck to their story as they intended, so keep it going as you got it!
I also want to say....if this is the Demo...I am really looking forward to what Chapter 1 will look like!

Reactions: Cernunnos.

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
I mean lets be real. This seems to revolve around Greek mythology and the Greek deities in particular so every last student is related and if you know anything about Greek mythology you know incest wasn't a deterrent.

My only complaint is a daughter of Artemis was mentioned...which shouldn't really be a thing as she, along a few others, were Virgin goddesses and Artemis in particular defended that status violently.
One of the ways they got around that in the Percy Jackson series was through the mind: Birth through the creative Process. So the children wouldn't have been born through sex perse, but an intellectual meeting of the minds that would have caused the offspring to be born. There are ways one can work around it, and when dealing with Deities, such things could be used to account for it, just my 2-cents worth...

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
One of the ways they got around that in the Percy Jackson series was through the mind: Birth through the creative Process. So the children wouldn't have been born through sex perse, but an intellectual meeting of the minds that would have caused the offspring to be born. There are ways one can work around it, and when dealing with Deities, such things could be used to account for it, just my 2-cents worth...
In the books they just tossed it out by saying the Godly parent doesn't count in regards to DNA but still frowned upon children of the same deity hooking up. Honestly Riordan is all over the place in his writing and understanding of mythology...don't get me started on the clusterfuck he made of Norse mythology. :FacePalm:

Whatever route the Devs go here I am interested in seeing more of the game. Hoping we get a bit more variety as most of the girls seem pretty clean-cut except for those involved in what I'd describe as a prostitution ring with Angelica. I understand why it's in the game but it's still odd it exists.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes