Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Christ, these guys went from 1 update per month to 1 update per 3 months as soon as they got support they were seeking. No arguments can defend such behavior. Let's see if they have balls to stretch it to 1 update every 4 months.
Patreon and other similar sites promote lazyness. People support games theyd like to see finished and while without support the devs are trying their best, after they gain funding they realize they can start working on a "per hour" basis and earn a living by never finishing a game.

Not gonna throw accusations around on who is guilty of that. I will buy the game once its done and would never spend a dime prior to that. You buy a product, not a resource.

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
Patreon and other similar sites promote lazyness. People support games theyd like to see finished and while without support the devs are trying their best, after they gain funding they realize they can start working on a "per hour" basis and earn a living by never finishing a game.

Not gonna throw accusations around on who is guilty of that. I will buy the game once its done and would never spend a dime prior to that. You buy a product, not a resource.
i'd go ahead and argue it isn't the site itself, that promotes lazyness. As a lot of times, when it comes to corporate misbehavior of some sort (think of EA and their DLC policy, Nestlé and their moral decisions, Apple not paying taxes, etc.) they get away with it, because the appropriate people simply do not care. And the appropriate people to care for patreon scams are, of course, their patrons.

There are a lot of patreon accounts out there, that did deliver small demos here and there, but nothing major. Still, they have been collecting thousands, sometimes tens of thousands every single month. For years. But their patrons still stick with it. They are throwing their money away, and apparently, are fine with it. Patreon can't really stop them from doing so, therefore i do not see any fault on their side.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
i'd go ahead and argue it isn't the site itself, that promotes lazyness. As a lot of times, when it comes to corporate misbehavior of some sort (think of EA and their DLC policy, Nestlé and their moral decisions, Apple not paying taxes, etc.) they get away with it, because the appropriate people simply do not care. And the appropriate people to care for patreon scams are, of course, their patrons.

There are a lot of patreon accounts out there, that did deliver small demos here and there, but nothing major. Still, they have been collecting thousands, sometimes tens of thousands every single month. For years. But their patrons still stick with it. They are throwing their money away, and apparently, are fine with it. Patreon can't really stop them from doing so, therefore i do not see any fault on their side.
Dont feel like typing so im going to repost my comment from another game:

"I am legitimately amused by people who say "if you dont support X then dont complain". Then i hear others say that THIS is a pirate site. Both parties are wrong:

I remember people were creating games in the late 80s and early 90s with nothing but their Amiga/Commodore and underpants on with no financial backing from anyone but their closest family and (maybe) friends. Now patreons do it, willingly or not, but the results are worse than they were three decades ago. Perhaps its time to shut down patreon and make people start working for a living? You know... having them earn money by releasing a quality product rather than some in-development abomination that has more bugs than an average ape has hair? Some of these devs earn more than i do per month and thats not okay, given the results of their "work". Coding is tiring but not expensive after the initial dev tool purchase.

As for pirating - pirates dont bother with alpha or beta versions - they pirate fully working games which they sometimes fix themselves (Renegade Ops expansion being a great example of becoming unplayable after just 1 launch of the game and pirates fixed it, not the devs). Also piracy (in its true form - not this sites version of it) is about competition between the various groups and, whilst not intended, advertising the games they pirate in the process. This increases the devs income as people will genuinely buy games that are good... AFTER theyve tested them first. Theres a lot more to say about this specific topic but i CBA - ive already said what ive intended. "

Just going to add that this is a alpha/beta test site. For clarification... im not asking the devs to pay us for it. I just want you to get on it and release the damn games already.

Mustang00

Nov 23, 2018
Christ, these guys went from 1 update per month to 1 update per 3 months as soon as they got support they were seeking. No arguments can defend such behavior. Let's see if they have balls to stretch it to 1 update every 4 months.

OH LOOK IT'S THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN

Reactions: shadowcatlover

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
They have a point, Patreon is not a good tactic for Game Developers. It promotes activities of rapid ongoing content. Games are a different beast, you need to wrap up some content and then run a kick starter. They get the game when the development cost has been reached (and an arbitrary time factor), thus everyone wins.

Not that I'm going to knock patreon for ongoing donations and custom content, but the bulk of the money should come from a buy/sell trade. If that means, "right you get version 0.5 for $100 and then version 1 for $100 more", assuming one hundred people pledge a dollar then we're onto a winner.

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
i'd say Nefari is best girl, followed by naira and velle, with fanora trailing behind them and esther dead last. Not sure, Esthers personality quirks are kinda meh for me.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
how i can enter Naira on level 22 ? i dont have key, i try to speak esther afternoon but nothing happend View attachment 365671
At level 22 with Naira speak to Esther and you will see the option "ask to get in Naira's room"
You wont get the option if it is the same day you did the level 21 event.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes