Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
5 months and no update... The more patreons they get, the longer the wait per update
I haven't been following long enough to see a trend with this one but having said that, it should be almost expected from patreon users these days. The majority of them start out great and then follow suit with the others who can only see the dollar signs every month.

i rather have quality than a quickly made crapshoot. though i must say its getting harder and harder to wait as the new update sounds quite amazing
I see people write this kind of thing all over the forum. I must be living in a different world where half of an entire year is some small amount of time. In the past half a year I've gotten another job moved to a new apartment and met someone who is getting serious. In the same amount of time there has yet to be one update and a minimum of 7500 dollars payed. There is a fine line between rushing and milking, just saying.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I see people write this kind of thing all over the forum. I must be living in a different world where half of an entire year is some small amount of time. In the past half a year I've gotten another job moved to a new apartment and met someone who is getting serious. In the same amount of time there has yet to be one update and a minimum of 7500 dollars payed. There is a fine line between rushing and milking, just saying.
I concur. I mean, think about it. Depending on your location, social class and life style half a year is on average going to be between 1/120 and 1/160 of your entire life. That is NOT insignificant. So like updates or no updates I too can't understand people who think that's not a long time.

Knickkname

Mar 25, 2018
Yeah, I gotta say the same. I play music for a living, so I understand the relief of being supported for your creative endeavors, and that there might be a "grace period" for relaxing into that sense of security. But at the end of the day all we have is our commitment and our word. If you're making 4 digits off of people per month, fucking do the thing. Not saying you don't deserve the money, or the time to work out your own creative pace, but...

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
I haven't been following long enough to see a trend with this one but having said that, it should be almost expected from patreon users these days. The majority of them start out great and then follow suit with the others who can only see the dollar signs every month.

making good games takes time. simple as that. not to mention that this is a team of what ? 2 people that will slow things down.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
True, but I believe that this has surpassed a reasonable time frame for updates. This is HS not DAZ, it's exponentially faster making one with Studio NEO.
then i am also assuming that you factor in that they already said multiple times that this will be quite the large update with a lot more story? they have already stated that it will be taking longer as there is so much coming

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
then i am also assuming that you factor in that they already said multiple times that this will be quite the large update with a lot more story? they have already stated that it will be taking longer as there is so much coming
I guess we'll see won't we. Not saying it won't be but talk is cheap.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I don't know, it's a prickly subject and I'm conflicted about which side to believe.

As a writer, I understand that good work that originates almost entirely from one's creative mind takes time and effort to produce.
On the other hand, when you provide that work as a service to the general public in exchange for monetary compensation, you're expected to do so within a reasonable time frame, otherwise you risk being labelled as a milker, scammer, or whatever other jargon is used depending on which platform you distribute your work on.

I understand that there is no hard schedule set for these releases, but in this day and age when people's patience while waiting for something is as short as it's ever been, more so with the absolute chaos going on in our lives right now, you might have to reach a compromise.
I'm of the opinion that extra content doesn't quite make up for big delays, but you might think differently, I don't know, it's a personal thing.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I don't know, it's a prickly subject and I'm conflicted about which side to believe.

As a writer, I understand that good work that originates almost entirely from one's creative mind takes time and effort to produce.
On the other hand, when you provide that work as a service to the general public in exchange for monetary compensation, you're expected to do so within a reasonable time frame, otherwise you risk being labelled as a milker, scammer, or whatever other jargon is used depending on which platform you distribute your work on.

I understand that there is no hard schedule set for these releases, but in this day and age when people's patience while waiting for something is as short as it's ever been, more so with the absolute chaos going on in our lives right now, you might have to reach a compromise.
I'm of the opinion that extra content doesn't quite make up for big delays, but you might think differently, I don't know, it's a personal thing.
Well said.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Is there anyone here that is a Patron of the dev and can give all of us poor people any news on an update? Does the dev even interact with you?

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019

damn you said exactly what i was thinking, i always had trouble saying this in a way without sounding like a dick when writing it in a forum post

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019
i also feel like more devs need to lower their vision of a massive game, like look this game this game has been out since feb of 2018 its been 3 years. I personally feel like game dev need to start making shorting games if they cant put out updates on a more regular basis, or be transparent and tell ur audience, "look this will be a big game and take alot of time to finish making." thats how i feel about oceanlabs games i feel like he will still be updating his games all the way into 2026.

but id like to know how everyone else feels about this.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes