Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
I'm just waiting for someone to say some shit like, "Sorry, but this update is being delayed until the heat death of the universe"

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Their choice is stopping them. They chose to follow the rules, and not risk it. The only content they had with her was a dream anyway, so it was just easier to remove it.

There was a patch a fan made to restore that one scene, but they didn't feel it was worth it to add more. There are a lot of kinks, with a lot of women, it isn't necessary. Incest doesn't have to be in every game. It is perfectly fine without it.
I agree. Incest is one of my favorite game fetishes but it doesn't have to be, or even work well, in every game. Trying to cram it in where it doesn't fit just to make a portion of the fan base happy could screw up the game. Even without incest this is one of my very favorite games......and it doesn't need it. Plenty of incest games out there.

Aug 9, 2016
So let me get this straight:
  • This game used to (in 2019) have updates every 2-3 months.
  • Now, there has not been an update since June 15th - 5 months ago.
  • The first "offical" communication of the devs regarding that update via Patreon happened on September 30th, already 3.5 months into development, stating that it would come out the following month.
  • 5 days before the end of that following month, they post an update that it won't come out that month after all.
  • It has been another 20 days with only silence since then. Meaning even if it came out tomorrow, there were at least 20 days of work left on the update when they posted the last communication. But the team decided to only notify their supporters 5 days before their self-imposed deadline. There is no way that they only noticed this late that they won't make it.
Their communication is just garbage. Even if they're just milking the Patreon at this point, at least pretend you're seriously working on things.

I'd also bet that this update isn't twice as large as the older ones that came out every 2-3 months which would be the only thing that might justify the development time.
And even if a) Tell people why it's taking so long and what they can expect, ffs. And b) normally, you'd expect devs to get more efficient with their tools and processes as time goes on, meaning more content in the same time. That clearly isn't happening here.

This wouldn't be anywhere near as upsetting if the content they do put out weren't actually good. But it is.
Yet with this intransparent stalling crap, I have no idea how anyone can financially support them month after month.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Yep, their communication is terrible and their use of Twitter is abysmal. Most people will use twitter to present enticing images to advertise their game and raise interest about the new update.

Jikei and co don't. They just don't communicate. And when they maintain the social media equivalent of radio silence for months at a time, its frustrating and has driven more than a few people away.

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last update just
>you and Neffari go to Egypt
>introduction to a single new girl
>the arcade
>and a small minigame

Granted, I don't know how long it takes to make a game, but usually when a game takes 4-6 months per update you'd expect a bunch of story, and new plots for more than one girl. Even if the main story isn't expanded on too much, you'd expect at least more story to the side girls.

Last edited:

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Not defending Jikei and the other developers, as frankly, they've lost a lot of goodwill due to their constant silence during the last couple of updates, but lets break down a couple of things.

- The MC and Nefari go to Egypt. This was a massive update, more like several story events in one mega-event. You have new assets to either source or create.
- Jade got a major scene that could potentially have major consequences for her.
- Vana's introduction not only brought in a busty babe to the game, but has also begun to shed some light on the MC and his mother, with the likelihood of some revelations coming about because of her.
- Iris' story continued and we're getting close to having her enjoying the MC's dick, but also setting up some story possibilities regarding her new roommate.
- Paige's new scene remains a mystery, as we still don't know if she's an ordinary human or mythic related. So that scene was a cliffhanger.
- Oh and we can spoon the other girls in the house at night now.

Now, that's possibly an update an a half worth of content. Honestly, Nefari's events alone could have constituted a single update. And it shouldn't have taken several months to do, but it did. Why? While no one said anything, it would appear that one or more of the team had contracted a severe case of Covid, leaving them unable to work for a time. And if they had said that, everyone might have understood, but Jikei and the rest of the developers have been so uncommunicative that they have lost quite a few supporters due to frustration and anger.

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
ok thanks for the info, I don't know shit about game making.

so that helps put it into perspective

Yeah, new characters and new locations all take time.
it can sometimes takes me hours to create a character in a bethesda game or something similar, so I can only imagine how long it would take to make a new, interesting, and different character that can fit into the world you create. Not to mention world design

But it's just the radio silence that's getting on my nerves, like just give us a progress update or 2 every month, idc if it's bad news. Interaction is how you maintain a fanbase and/or interest

Last edited:

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Man, I miss this game...

This is one of those few casual games.
Where it doesn't have that deep of a plot, but it's just an relaxing game with likable characters that you have fun with.
And none of those unlikable or douchy MC.

I wish I could find more games like this.

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
Yeah, one of my main pet peeves is that no matter what engine a dev is using, they always use the default/generic male mc.
It always looks like a dork or a douche, I wish more devs would put more detail in their MCs.

like ffs, not all dudes have short brown hair

granted there's probably not a lot of resources for male characters in these engines, but still my point stays

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
granted there's probably not a lot of resources for male characters in these engines, but still my point stays
That is the main issue, there are not a lot of assets for men, and most of the ones there are are pretty bad. Some will really react badly with the lighting, and other things.

So, while better things can be made, for a first person game, few people are going to bother with the effort. Since most of the time, the more work you do to make them look good, the creepier looking they end up. lol

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
The Honey Select males always look terrible. I can understand why they use the default, especially if the game is going to be exclusively a first person perspective, but god help me, there is nothing that kills the mood faster than the cold, dead, lifeless eyes of a Honey Select protagonist. Oh and the dead, lifeless flop of pixels that is their hair.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The Honey Select males always look terrible. I can understand why they use the default, especially if the game is going to be exclusively a first person perspective, but god help me, there is nothing that kills the mood faster than the cold, dead, lifeless eyes of a Honey Select protagonist. Oh and the dead, lifeless flop of pixels that is their hair.
That is because you are supposed to be looking through those dead and lifeless eyes, not at them! :sneaky:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
like ffs, not all dudes have short brown hair
I think part of the problem is, they're trying to cater to what the average/most common appearance of the sort of person who is playing VNs would look like (or what most people think they look like). That, combined with the strong influence Japanese VNs have on the modern genre (ie, most modern games at pretty strongly influenced by older Japanese games, even if the newer games aren't Japanese at all), and you're usually going to wind up with a youngish-looking sex perv wimp with dark hair. Doubly so if you're setting your game in the traditional generic school setting, where the MC is almost certainly going to be an awkward teenager.

And when a dev decides they don't want that sort of look, they tend to err in the opposite direction and try to make the MC a bit of a wish-fulfillment self-insert badass. Which can look a bit stupid in its own way as well.

But like other people have said, the number of available assets are limited, and most of them kind of suck, so even if they devoted a ton of effort to trying to make a better MC there's no guarantee it would look all that much better anyway.

bugfinder

Jan 30, 2019
guys.. can i have nefari model?
im seriously fall in love with her personality.. i.. fck..
i simp nefari.. i know playing her on honeyselect feels empty..
but atleast i can see her everyday..
maybe creating MMD with her.. i will share MMD video with you only.
i dont have anything to offer.. or you can be my devil or demon.

• Angry
Reactions: longsuper1
4.50 star(s) 189 Votes