larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
Feels as though this is a somewhat half hearted created game. When the game was first released, updates were consistent (and did not take as long as it did now) and the content were great (to which I was a Patreon at some point of the development). Now though, it seems as though it's currently fallen into the the category whereby the game would eventually be abandoned due to a lack of interest (from both devs, as well as players). Milfy City fell in a similar manner as well (though that one was a severe case/example). That one had the devs constantly on Patreon giving empty promises and flashing a couple of images/ development progress from time to time for many months. Updates were slow (non-existent even) and the content wasn't enough or up to par. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to this particular one.

Aug 9, 2016
That one had the devs constantly on Patreon giving empty promises and flashing a couple of images/ development progress from time to time for many months. Updates were slow (non-existent even) and the content wasn't enough or up to par. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to this particular one.
I'd argue this is already happening:
The updates are coming at a much slower pace than they used to. It used to be 2 months between updates. The last couple of ones have been 4+ months without having proportionally more content.
They aren't "constantly on Patreon" but what little progress & promises they do post, they don't deliver on. The last three game updates were promised to arrive by a certain date which has then just passed without antoher word, much less an update. Eventually, there was always some vagues excuse about delays well after the self-proclaimed deadline. The guys have been doing the same type of content for the entire time. There is no excuse for them not being able to tell how long things will take to make at this point. There is even less excuse for not telling people that the devs won't make their own deadline before that deadline is hit.

Case in point, the new update was supposed to come out last month. It hasn't. There has been no more communication since mid February.

Serupiko

Aug 30, 2018
Feels as though this is a somewhat half hearted created game. When the game was first released, updates were consistent (and did not take as long as it did now) and the content were great (to which I was a Patreon at some point of the development). Now though, it seems as though it's currently fallen into the the category whereby the game would eventually be abandoned due to a lack of interest (from both devs, as well as players). Milfy City fell in a similar manner as well (though that one was a severe case/example). That one had the devs constantly on Patreon giving empty promises and flashing a couple of images/ development progress from time to time for many months. Updates were slow (non-existent even) and the content wasn't enough or up to par. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to this particular one.
I think this game went too wide with some stuff (locations, mainly) and then content wise, focused too much with the main girls and didnt add enough side stuff. I think it's all due to poor planning, as whenever I play after waiting for a few updates, i get the feeling that the game is still on an early stage, whereas other games feel like they got their shit together and have really good progression, Mythic Manor feels in a limbo.

Saddens me as it was one of my first games, but once again, feels too stuck. Devs should just do a few last finishing updates, remove some clutter, and move on to another game or do a sequel/reimagining or whatever but damn they like that patreon money

Fckjoch

Apr 6, 2021
No it isn't downloading right now.
But the save files don't show up in the game after I downloaded unzipped and put them in the right directory.... All as described in the readme file.....
Must be hard to make a game and using previous saves.
Okay and delete, not playing the whole game again for 1 or 2 new actions.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
But the save files don't show up in the game after I downloaded unzipped and put them in the right directory.... All as described in the readme file.....
Must be hard to make a game and using previous saves.
Okay and delete, not playing the whole game again for 1 or 2 new actions.
Saves worked fine for me, and normally, you should not have to do anything, as the copy in your appdata should always be there, unless you deleted them, or are playing on another pc.

No idea what the guide says, but you need the saves to be in ...MythicManorXX\Game\Saves.

Fckjoch

Apr 6, 2021
Saves worked fine for me, and normally, you should not have to do anything, as the copy in your appdata should always be there, unless you deleted them, or are playing on another pc.

No idea what the guide says, but you need the saves to be in ...MythicManorXX\Game\Saves.
I deleted the old, needed space, that's why I downloaded the .save.
In the directory there's only files, no 'saves' wich is understandable cause I didn't start .18
When I put the files in there, nothing shows, when I make a dir 'saves' same result.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I deleted the old, needed space, that's why I downloaded the .save.
In the directory there's only files, no 'saves' wich is understandable cause I didn't start .18
When I put the files in there, nothing shows, when I make a dir 'saves' same result.
I needs to be in
...MythicManor-0.18-pc\game\saves

Did you check that you are on the correct page?
For example, if you save is 1-1-LT1.save then it will be in the first slot on the first page., but if the save name is 63-5-LT1.save then it will be on the 5th slot on page 63.

If that does not work, show me a screen shot of what you have, maybe I can figure it out that way.

stevejerks

Aug 7, 2018
It's a shame to see so many devs giving release schedules they cant meet. Seems like this only happens to the games I really want to see updated too.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
It's a shame to see so many devs giving release schedules they cant meet. Seems like this only happens to the games I really want to see updated too.
its probably one more week before we get the update. last week update 19 was already on their site for patreons so we usually get it 2 weeks later so that would mean next week

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
its probably one more week before we get the update. last week update 19 was already on their site for patreons so we usually get it 2 weeks later so that would mean next week
Where are you getting that from? There's no post or update on their Patreon page that indicates a 0.19 release, and the download links on their website (including the Patreon early access links) all lead to 0.18. Jikei normally announces early access on their Twitter, too, and it isn't there either.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Where are you getting that from? There's no post or update on their Patreon page that indicates a 0.19 release, and the download links on their website (including the Patreon early access links) all lead to 0.18. Jikei normally announces early access on their Twitter, too, and it isn't there either.
Their own specific website has the update.
JikeiHomePage.png

Reactions: TheDevian

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
when you go to the site it gives you a popup telling you latest update is ready play 0.19

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
when you go to the site it gives you a popup telling you latest update is ready play 0.19
Go click on the popup. It takes you to the downloads page, which only has links to 0.18. There hasn't been any official announcement on any other platform (Twitter, Discord, Patreon, etc.), and Jikei always announces the Early Access releases. The only evidence you'll find anywhere online of a 0.19 release is the one popup on their homepage that leads nowhere.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes