bugfinder

Jan 30, 2019
Hey bugfinder, I'm searching for asteriskmmd's MMD work and come across your post. Do you by any chance have the NSFW versions as well? Thanks.
well you can check iwara for that
you can find the leaks on the net somewhere..

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hiuller

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
The problem with devs now is that they get too sidetracked or too ambitious for the game. It's become the standard for most of them and is the biggest problem. That's why I hope the dev for this decides to scale the game back and refocus the efforts into updating what is already there instead of adding new stuff which could take longer to make.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
The problem with devs now is that they get too sidetracked or too ambitious for the game. It's become the standard for most of them and is the biggest problem. That's why I hope the dev for this decides to scale the game back and refocus the efforts into updating what is already there instead of adding new stuff which could take longer to make.
I think this is part of the problem. Devs go in to a game with huge grandiose plans and intentions to tell a massively elaborate story, or introduce intricate and complex new game mechanics, and they wind up getting overwhelmed by their own ambition. They eventually hit a point where they realize they can't deliver on their promises, and grow frustrated (and the audience who has supported them based on those promises starts to turn on them). Then they eventually have to turn out an inferior product (which annoys both them and their audience), or they just sort of helplessly give up and either move on to another project or abandon working on games entirely (and potentially go into hiding).

The other problem is that devs who keep introducing new love interests (either for variety or as a deliberate attempt to keep padding things out and keep making support money) eventually get overwhelmed by the sheer number they've introduced. You may not be able to cater to every possible fetish or physical appearance preference in a game with 5-6 options, but you can focus on those far more effectively than when you've got 20+. This game tries to split the difference (5-6 core LIs and all the rest are effectively "minor extras"), but it still spirals out of control after a while.

The best games - and the ones that tend to actually get finished - are the ones where the dev comes up with an interesting story to tell even before they start working on the game, introduce a limited number of love interest options they can kind of keep under control, and then actually tell the story (and finish it) rather than constantly trying to pad it out and string along donators. Far better to finish a slightly shorter but great game that people love and then move on to making a new game than to work on a massive project you keep watering down and never finish, thus ruining your own rep for future projects.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
I think this is part of the problem. Devs go in to a game with huge grandiose plans and intentions to tell a massively elaborate story, or introduce intricate and complex new game mechanics, and they wind up getting overwhelmed by their own ambition. They eventually hit a point where they realize they can't deliver on their promises, and grow frustrated (and the audience who has supported them based on those promises starts to turn on them). Then they eventually have to turn out an inferior product (which annoys both them and their audience), or they just sort of helplessly give up and either move on to another project or abandon working on games entirely (and potentially go into hiding).

The other problem is that devs who keep introducing new love interests (either for variety or as a deliberate attempt to keep padding things out and keep making support money) eventually get overwhelmed by the sheer number they've introduced. You may not be able to cater to every possible fetish or physical appearance preference in a game with 5-6 options, but you can focus on those far more effectively than when you've got 20+. This game tries to split the difference (5-6 core LIs and all the rest are effectively "minor extras"), but it still spirals out of control after a while.

The best games - and the ones that tend to actually get finished - are the ones where the dev comes up with an interesting story to tell even before they start working on the game, introduce a limited number of love interest options they can kind of keep under control, and then actually tell the story (and finish it) rather than constantly trying to pad it out and string along donators. Far better to finish a slightly shorter but great game that people love and then move on to making a new game than to work on a massive project you keep watering down and never finish, thus ruining your own rep for future projects.
i really dont mind them taking longer if it keeps the quality as it has been coming or better of course. as i said before the devs have yet to disappoint with a objectively bad update. until they do that its just a delayed game/update release that many games do even the biggest AAA game companies regularly delay their games to keep up quality but when a small devs does this with an update its a problem ? as long as the end product is good i wont judge some delays.

Reactions: Guest110

Kracken36

Apr 17, 2021

Well said.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I think the difference is that these particular devs have a horrible track record of missing previously established deadlines. Yes, triple A companies do it too, but they tend to do it once or twice in their lifetime and are (usually...) transparent about why, whereas here all we get after a missed deadline is complete radio silence until whenever the release happens.
Now, it's easy for us to say "I don't care about delays as long as quality holds" because, chances are, we're playing it for free, so we get to enjoy it while losing nothing. If I was a paying patron, I would definitely be miffed at the consecutive, silent delays, and consider withholding support in favor of more consistent devs.

Reactions: Kracken36

Kracken36

Apr 17, 2021
I think the difference is that these particular devs have a horrible track record of missing previously established deadlines. Yes, triple A companies do it too, but they tend to do it once or twice in their lifetime and are (usually...) transparent about why, whereas here all we get after a missed deadline is complete radio silence until whenever the release happens.
Now, it's easy for us to say "I don't care about delays as long as quality holds" because, chances are, we're playing it for free, so we get to enjoy it while losing nothing. If I was a paying patron, I would definitely be miffed at the consecutive, silent delays, and consider withholding support in favor of more consistent devs.
This is exactly why the argument you often see of: "You're not paying, what's the problem?" doesn't hold much water. If devs were provably consistent (See: NLT, one of the few devs who consistently provide content and whom I do subscribe to) then it wouldn't be a problem, but so many devs are, essentially, weekend warriors who either won't or can't set a schedule they can stick to that it makes buying into their product impossible - no matter how enjoyable it is.

Not that I'm expecting this to be a wakeup call to any future or current devs, but it's just the truth. If you could provide consistent content no matter how big or small, it would draw people to you.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
This is exactly why the argument you often see of: "You're not paying, what's the problem?" doesn't hold much water. If devs were provably consistent (See: NLT, one of the few devs who consistently provide content and whom I do subscribe to) then it wouldn't be a problem, but so many devs are, essentially, weekend warriors who either won't or can't set a schedule they can stick to that it makes buying into their product impossible - no matter how enjoyable it is.

Not that I'm expecting this to be a wakeup call to any future or current devs, but it's just the truth. If you could provide consistent content no matter how big or small, it would draw people to you.
This is why, even for the handful of games I want to support, I don't have ongoing subscriptions; I do one-time donations (which usually means subscribing at whatever tier, downloading whatever that entitles me to, and then immediately unsubscribing) when they release an update. If you expect people to pay monthly, you need to guarantee an update at least as frequently.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So is it explained what kind of mythic the MC's mom is? What kind of powers could Nefari's research unlock?

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes