TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
While I don't disagree that adding people to existing locations makes the game feel more alive, they're also constantly adding new locations, which kinda feels like a vicious cycle.

I feel there should come a point where they'd stop adding new girls/locations to focus on the multiple ones they already have in the game. We're at like 2 in-game pages worth of side characters, we have plenty of variety as it is, yet some of them haven't gotten new content in years. It feels like they're just adding them for variety's sake, not because they have an actual plan for all of them.

The fact that these patches should be releasing at a much faster rate doesn't help. I can't help but make comparisons to Harem Hotel in my head, where patches are released in half the time and with more than double the content. I don't see many (or any) complaints about side content there, it feels much more balanced.
Here is the thing though, the updates SHOULD come out when they are good and ready, and not before. There is NO set schedule, and there is no law or rule that says they have to do things the way some other halfassed games do it.

Developing a sandbox game is harder than some linear bullshit, and developing new and unique areas takes time. Sure they could slap some bullshit together, made from the same crap everyone else uses and get things done faster, not use any custom assets, or anything, but that would suck, and be boring.

One of the things that appeals about this game, is that is it NOT using the same assets that are in every other game.

Eventually, I am sure they will stop adding new locations, but not until all the ones that they promised us are done. You know, all the ones that you can click on and say that it will be added later. Frankly, if they stop adding those new locations that they promised, with all the new potential that entails, I will upset. THAT is when they go full Icstor, by dropping a game, long before all of the promised content is complete.

Good things take time. If you don't like that, go play some derivative nonsense while you wait. There is plenty of it here.

Personally, once again, the two main girls I don't like are featured in half of the main events, but do you see me bitching about it? Nope. I am just happy about all of the other stuff I get to see, including all of the new people. :cool:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Here is the thing though, the updates SHOULD come out when they are good and ready, and not before. There is NO set schedule, and there is no law or rule that says they have to do things the way some other halfassed games do it.

Developing a sandbox game is harder than some linear bullshit, and developing new and unique areas takes time. Sure they could slap some bullshit together, made from the same crap everyone else uses and get things done faster, not use any custom assets, or anything, but that would suck, and be boring.

One of the things that appeals about this game, is that is it NOT using the same assets that are in every other game.

Eventually, I am sure they will stop adding new locations, but not until all the ones that they promised us are done. You know, all the ones that you can click on and say that it will be added later. Frankly, if they stop adding those new locations that they promised, with all the new potential that entails, I will upset. THAT is when they go full Icstor, by dropping a game, long before all of the promised content is complete.

Good things take time. If you don't like that, go play some derivative nonsense while you wait. There is plenty of it here.

Personally, once again, the two main girls I don't like are featured in half of the main events, but do you see me bitching about it? Nope. I am just happy about all of the other stuff I get to see, including all of the new people. :cool:
Funny how everyone who's not a game developer feels qualified to judge the work of someone who is. I'm not developing a game myself and even I can tell those assets are highly / purely customized. And I work with several developers in non-development ways (proofreading, translating, etc.) and can tell there's a crapload of work involved. I really have a hard time with folks who say stuff like, "promised last week, still no release" or "it's been 6 months already".

It's even funnier when someone tries to specify how long something will take and it's obviously completely unrealistic unless the dev has no life outside of the game (no job, no family, no health issues allowed, etc.). And even then, it seems like it would really be pushing things to do what the poster suggests. It's like, "Support them if you want, don't if you don't. Stop trying to impose your peyote-enhanced visions of game release cycles on those living in reality."

Why not let creators create? Everyone's different and can manage at different paces. I don't think I'm in any position to judge a developer unless they do something very clearly abusive of others' trust (Riveralove, Icstor, etc.) or crossing a line (e.g., Silk & Milk).

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Haven't played yet (still two weeks to go), but I'm guessing no nefari ass.
This is what happens when you set all your hopes on one person (and don't read the patch notes). lol
Why not let creators create? Everyone's different and can manage at different paces. I don't think I'm in any position to judge a developer unless they do something very clearly abusive of others' trust (Riveralove, Icstor, etc.) or crossing a line (e.g., Silk & Milk).
The creative process is different for everyone, and we all have our strengths, standards, and issues, both IRL and with hardware.
I know a lot of people have been burnt (there are some who abuse the trust), and devs do "seem" to have a higher than average level of health and tech issues, but that is only because their issues affect us, otherwise we wouldn't notice.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
I think you misunderstood me. I said these patches should be coming at a faster rate because the devs themselves keep saying so. Their own original intention was to . And then January, and then March, and then three weeks ago... I know IRL stuff happens to everyone but if they're having trouble following through with their own schedule, then maybe they should stop setting unrealistic expectations.

Geez man, way to take it the wrong way...
Yes, I've been playing Harem Hotel in the meantime, I keep interacting with you in the other thread. In fact, this game is the one that led me to it, though I'd hardly call HH "derivative nonsense."

And do forgive me if I sound bitchy, it's just that I was subbed to Jikei's patreon for a while and now I'm starting to feel like I've been taken for a ride.

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
I know I rip into the upload schedule or lack there of for this game, but it's all in good fun. I'm just happy that this game is still being updated and worked on. If I were to make a vn I would try to stick to a scheduel, and give frequent progress reports, but I'm not making a vn nor do I have the skill to make one so I'm not gonna say such and such should be released on X. Some VNs update weekly, some of them monthly, but most of the time an update will drop whenever the dev deems it complete.

I know I would get burnt out after working on the same game for 4 years, Writers block is a thing too. All in all see you guys in another 6-8 months

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think you misunderstood me. I said these patches should be coming at a faster rate because the devs themselves keep saying so. Their own original intention was to . And then January, and then March, and then three weeks ago... I know IRL stuff happens to everyone but if they're having trouble following through with their own schedule, then maybe they should stop setting unrealistic expectations.

Geez man, way to take it the wrong way...
Yes, I've been playing Harem Hotel in the meantime, I keep interacting with you in the other thread. In fact, this game is the one that led me to it, though I'd hardly call HH "derivative nonsense."

And do forgive me if I sound bitchy, it's just that I was subbed to Jikei's patreon for a while and now I'm starting to feel like I've been taken for a ride.
It's true, they suck at time management, and are not good at projections, that is a fact. It's why I say never give a date until you are 100% positive. I don't disagree there, but that is the way they have always been, so expecting change seems like a waste of effort. That is all I am saying. It's one thing to make jokes about it, but you should not take it so hard, it's not like some who wait for years, and then only put out 5 min of content. Even when I am not happy with the ones who are being done, the size of their updates are usually pretty good. The smallest one in a while was that Nefari update a while back, and think about how many sets they had to build for all the Egypt events.

I don't personally agree with everything they do, some things I would do different if it were me, though I like most of the game, and the style. It's not perfect, but it's still one of my favorite games. And yes, feature creep can be an issue for this kind of game, I know all too well. But since they don't come here any more that I know of, venting here is not the most productive use of time if you want something to change.

Sorry, I guess I am sensitive to this topic, due to it being a theme of people bitching in almost every thread I follow these days (one even had someone bitching the day after the update dropped!), or people who make it their mission to get as many games marked 'abandoned' as they can, even when they know damn well that the game is being worked on, and I am having some serious issues with my own game, from frying 5 hard drives (losing over 30tb), to losing my coder and having to train a new one, it's been a really rough year for a lot of us.

But yeah, as someone who makes assets (both for myself and others), people just do not get how much work there is in that, and then they compare to games that use out of the box assets, with pregenerated characters, in derivative situations... The sheer number of games I have seen where the characters are just clipping into things is staggering (even some of the better ones miss it occasionally, but some it's more than not), and don't get me started about games that use the same models, as if they are just actors in show... Just converting the assets to HS (even if someone else makes it), setting up all the textures, and all that is really time consuming. It's a really tedious process, and not fun at all, even when the end results are something to be proud of.

So yeah, it's true that Jikei's team is horrible about date projections, and communication in general, let's be honest, but at least to me, the end result is all that matters.

No hard feelings, that was not really directed at you specifically just the bitching in general, your post just happened to be the one that I hit reply on, raised a point that I thought needed to be countered at large. Most people just do not realize what goes into this stuff, they just want as much content as they can get, as fast as possible, without a care to what it takes to make it happen. Sometimes, there are literal blood, sweat, and tears involved, especially when things won't do what you need them to.

(As for HH, Runey also has an average ~4 month time-span that tends to bring out the haters too, especially lately, since he is also using more custom assets {I know, since I make/convert some of them}, and trying to do so much more than the engine ever intended, like some lighting tricks, and so on).

Last edited:

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
It's true, they suck at time management, and are not good at projections, that is a fact. It's why I say never give a date until you are 100% positive. I don't disagree there, but that is the way they have always been, so expecting change seems like a waste of effort. That is all I am saying. It's one thing to make jokes about it, but you should not take it so hard, it's not like some who wait for years, and then only put out 5 min of content. Even when I am not happy with the ones who are being done, the size of their updates are usually pretty good. The smallest one in a while was that Nefari update a while back, and think about how many sets they had to build for all the Egypt events.

I don't personally agree with everything they do, some things I would do different if it were me, though I like most of the game, and the style. It's not perfect, but it's still one of my favorite games. And yes, feature creep can be an issue for this kind of game, I know all too well. But since they don't come here any more that I know of, venting here is not the most productive use of time if you want something to change.

Sorry, I guess I am sensitive to this topic, due to it being a theme of people bitching in almost every thread I follow these days (one even had someone bitching the day after the update dropped!), or people who make it their mission to get as many games marked 'abandoned' as they can, even when they know damn well that the game is being worked on, and I am having some serious issues with my own game, from frying 5 hard drives (losing over 30tb), to losing my coder and having to train a new one, it's been a really rough year for a lot of us.

But yeah, as someone who makes assets (both for myself and others), people just do not get how much work there is in that, and then they compare to games that use out of the box assets, with pregenerated characters, in derivative situations... The sheer number of games I have seen where the characters are just clipping into things is staggering (even some of the better ones miss it occasionally, but some it's more than not), and don't get me started about games that use the same models, as if they are just actors in show... Just converting the assets to HS (even if someone else makes it), setting up all the textures, and all that is really time consuming. It's a really tedious process, and not fun at all, even when the end results are something to be proud of.

So yeah, it's true that Jikei's team is horrible about date projections, and communication in general, let's be honest, but at least to me, the end result is all that matters.

No hard feelings, that was not really directed at you specifically just the bitching in general, your post just happened to be the one that I hot reply on, raised a point that I thought needed to be countered at large. Most people just do not realize what goes into this stuff, they just want as much content as they can get, as fast as possible, without a care to what it takes to make it happen. Sometimes, there are literal blood, sweat, and tears involved, especially when things won't do what you need them to.

(As for HH, Runey also has an average ~4 month time-span that tends to bring out the haters too, especially lately, since he is also using more custom assets {I know, since I make/convert some of them}, and trying to do so much more than the engine ever intended, like some lighting tricks, and so on).
Since you have a more "insider" perspective on the matter, and most probably a better eye for it than me, I'll take your word that they're still putting the effort to make quality content. Tbh I do agree that the quality in general has been maintained over the years, they are consistent on that front. Anyway, I apologize for all the venting and I'll tone it down with the complaints from now on (maybe barring the occasional joke :LUL:)

I could try reaching them directly on their Discord, but it's probably more trouble than it's worth...

And yeah, we're cool! You have a lot more on your plate than you let on, having a bit of an emotional response to all of that is only human. No hard feelings from me.

MagnusAxess

Jan 9, 2022
And do what? Those locations need people. Or do you want the 5 main girls to get arrested? Become cows? Work at the arcade? And more... Or would you rather involve locations for just one or two events?

Besides, if not for side girls, we would not have Jade, and we would not have many other kinks, like most of the pregnancy and exhibitionism content.

Personally, I don't even really like 2 of the main girls that much, so I love having more variety, many of whom play nicely with my main kink, unlike a couple of the main girls, which makes me very happy.

They are world building. They want it to feel like a big world, not a small box built for 6 people. Think about how much we have learned about the world through those side people.

Variety is the spice of life. While more people means that there is a better chance of you having people you don't like, is also means that there are less odds of you disliking most of them. We all like different things.
Me when I everything in a game about sexual fantasies isn't playing to every one of my kinks/desires and only my kinks/desires
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kiss_69

Oct 2, 2021
Wallpapers 2023:

January 2023 (Manor Girls) -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2023beauties
February 2023 (Iris) -
lewdtattoo
March 2023 (Jade) -
leashlove
April 2023 (Aliza) -
bookmelons

V-Kun

Jan 9, 2019
Wallpapers 2023:

January 2023 (Manor Girls) -
2023beauties
February 2023 (Iris) -
lewdtattoo
March 2023 (Jade) -
leashlove
April 2023 (Aliza) -
bookmelons
Hot damn, thanks so much man!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
And yeah, we're cool! You have a lot more on your plate than you let on, having a bit of an emotional response to all of that is only human. No hard feelings from me.
Yeah, ignoring RL, I help out on almost half a dozen games, some more than others (usually while waiting on renders for my own). Most of the time, even when I play a game, my main focus is testing, not just trying to enjoy the game. I almost never have time to play games for fun, but this is one of those rare ones I still try to make the time for otherwise, and also why I guess I don't mind the longer update times for games, not only does it give me more time to work between updates, but it also means when I DO get in there to play, there will be a lot to do.

I end up downloading at least several games a day on the average, and yet, I only play a tiny fraction of them. lol
Wallpapers 2023:
March 2023 (Jade) - leashlove
Really hope we get something like that in the game, one of these days soon. XD
There have been buttons in there for that for a long time, but she still gets offended if you use them.
Me when I everything in a game about sexual fantasies isn't playing to every one of my kinks/desires and only my kinks/desires
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Honestly, I would just be happy if more games would include my kink at all, without turning it into a rape/NTR/dick sucking simulator. While exhibitionism might not be the main focus here, and most of them don't turn into their half-myth forms enough for my tastes, there is still enough fun things to keep me coming back for more. XD

***edit***
Wow, someone made an account, just to facepalm me 6 times, I feel special. ;)

Last edited:

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
Patch notes:
Man, that seems underwhelming for as long as it took.

I definitely get the criticism about adding two new characters when half of the existing characters don't get updates. It's even more frustrating when two of the main girls get left out.

I'll check it out when it drops to my level but I'm not sure I'll re-up when my year ends.

Oh well, at least we got some Jade and Iris content I guess.

Feb 14, 2022
To whoever played the last update, how disappointing is it from 1 to 10?
Early Access supporter here, if you read the patch notes it was pretty much true to that. I think "disappointing" is relative to if your favorite girl got an update or not, or if the amount of content you received was appropriate to the amount of time that the update took.

To be specific, I don't think the update itself was disappointing, it was good, just as good as the previous ones, but over the 5-yearish development of this project, if you expected it to feel any closer to completion, it doesn't.

I wish there was a roadmap because I think that there's a reasonable amount of time to spend on any project, but I can't think of any that has had similar ambitions to Mythic Manor, as small of a team of two people, and most importantly has ever reached completion.

TDLR; Maybe a 2 if we're talking strictly content. If you read the patch notes, you wouldn't be surprised, it delivered what that said.

Kiss_69

Oct 2, 2021
Wallpapers 2022:

January 2022 (Astrid) -
officernaughty
February 2022 (Fanora and Francene) -
forestababes
March 2022 (Esther) -
juicymelons
April 2022 (Velle) -
sexibunni
May 2022 (Naira) -
nymphluv
June 2022 (Jade) -
beachbone
July 2022 (Club Girls: Chel and Ivy) -
mythbabez
August 2022 (Nefari) -
wetbooty
September 2022 (Velle) -
demonicbabe
October 2022 (Naira and Jade) -
hallohotties
November 2022 (Esther) -
stuffingtime
December 2022 (Nefari) -
xtrahott

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes