Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
that leads me back to the point i was making in my previous post that as a consumer if you arent getting the goods and services your paying for then you stop paying for a product you arent getting!
I somewhat agree and disagree, with Netflix, as you said later, you can see what there is in the shop at any time, and you can look for news on when will new content be released, but in patreon, my problem is when you only get an update every 6 months, by the time you see that the dev is not delivering, you have already been there for months, there is where I see the problem, that ofc, is solved with devs that do the billing on release, and not as a sub service, but those are rare as far as I know.

ultimately, both sides of the argument have merit and i made my initial post because like you i had seen a lot of people (not just on this thread) pop in on a newbie account just to talk shit about how the dev hasnt updated in a long time so he must be a scammer! this is also a rough deal on a dev whos just taking his time to make his game/VN or whatever good and is bombarded with people calling them a scammer and scaring away other patrons or even causing the dev to give up and abandon their game! so its a vicious circle and its the internet so people just post and dont give a shit! i personally think its an issue that needs work on both ends but i really dont see a solution happening anytime soon!
Yes, a lot of devs have it harder, even if they're good devs, because of the amount of "bad" devs we see all the time, but that's what happens with everything, same with AI, it's getting a lot of hate, but AI is just a tool, and if you use it well, it's a very good tool, that can speed a lot of processes that take a lot of time for humans to make, also AI can make a very repetitive task without making mistakes, that a human would make because monotony normally ends up with people doing the task "braindead" and may not notice a mistake, but, because a lot of people use AI to just make everything, we see a lot of people hating just because something uses AI, I feel like it's the same with Patreon, it's a good tool for devs that want to work making games, that is missused by others that don't take it seriously enough, and give bad rep to others, right now, there are no more than 3 devs that I would 100% trust (on top of my mind, maybe there are more), and that's because they have a few completed games, and good comunication with their followers, but there is 0 chance, that I would trust a new dev with 0 completed games, because all the "bad apples" there are around, and that hurts the chances of good games getting attention, and finished eventually.

Well, it's been nice to see another point of view too, at the end, I can't really say if a dev is scamming, because at the end they might take a 1 year break and come back, the point there is where each person decides what's a scam, for me, if a dev keeps billing while he is not actively working on the project, that's a scam, but others might say that as long as he delivers at some point, it's not a scam, we can only hope that at some point, we can see the games finished, and enjoy the stories the devs want to tell in those games.

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
So... March 1, and no update. Per Patreon: " v0.21 has finally made it to the stage where I can say it will be ready this month or very soon after. "

How long do we give him before we consider this an additional stain on his credibility? Two more weeks with no beta?
(Bear in mind, there are usually several weeks of pre-release, so it doesn't go out to everyone until over a month after a beta. Also, last Patreon post was on Feb 5, so no notice of a delay, or update on status, just three weeks of silence)

• Sad
Reactions: XCelesX

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
Reading is a skill
Is that public info? It isn't in this thread, twitter, or the Patreon, so I'm not sure where I'm expected to have read that.
Did you get it from the discord?

If true, fair play to Jikei for following through. (y)

edit: drea2, I don't want to gum up the thread, just want to be clear on the source of the release time text you posted. Was it in regard to a different game? Or info from another source?

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Wrong thread :whistle:
That member goes from thread to thread, whining about games that have a known slow release schedule.
Most of the regulars in another game he has been whining about, have already added him to their ignore lists.

Reactions: TheDevian

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
That member goes from thread to thread, whining about games that have a known slow release schedule.
Most of the regulars in another game he has been whining about, have already added him to their ignore lists.
But you just can't quit me, can ya, Puddin'? (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
You're tripping over yourself to back up a comment that was deleted, because it was posted in the wrong thread, for a different game, just so you have a chance to take a shot at me.

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
I mean... you're the one whose signature is specifically about that guy.
He doesn't seem to be the one with an unhealthy fixation here, chief.
You get that, right?
Sig is new, he's been at this for months over nothing. He also claims to have me blocked, but can't help himself, and keeps peeping my posts to start stuff. I usually don't respond to him directly, but if he's going to to hover around literally everything I'm going to say throwing rocks from behind other people, maybe the context should be ready at hand, yeah?

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
...As utterly irritated as I am with the total lack of communication until literally a few days ago... the only thing I can say at this point after OVER A YEAR since the last update and virtually ZERO UPDATES is that v0.21 better be freaking massive commensurate to that amount of time waiting. No, seriously. The return on investment better be there or whatever faith I had in this dev team is gone, which would be a real shame since this game was actually quite good and fun to just explore.

Reaverer

Jul 20, 2017
...As utterly irritated as I am with the total lack of communication until literally a few days ago... the only thing I can say at this point after OVER A YEAR since the last update and virtually ZERO UPDATES is that v0.21 better be freaking massive commensurate to that amount of time waiting. No, seriously. The return on investment better be there or whatever faith I had in this dev team is gone, which would be a real shame since this game was actually quite good and fun to just explore.
Considering the last time they did that (meaning update v0.20)... I'm not saying "start looking for another project to follow", but....

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Like a number of some of the other best games here, I think that MM has just gotten to the stage where the vast majority of the content that its going to have is already there, and we're waiting for the end of the story. I don't know what to call that stage other than perhaps the home stretch, but it feels pretty common in cases like this. I'll be grateful for whatever good content is still to come.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Like a number of some of the other best games here, I think that MM has just gotten to the stage where the vast majority of the content that its going to have is already there, and we're waiting for the end of the story. I don't know what to call that stage other than perhaps the home stretch, but it feels pretty common in cases like this. I'll be grateful for whatever good content is still to come.
I would agree... if there still weren't so many side girls' stories to wrap up/touch on, main girls and story to finish up, and map areas and UI to flesh out and/or implement yet... A lot of that is being addressed in v0.21, supposedly, but regardless... I hesitate to call this the home stretch. Especially given the last 2 updates on patreon where a lot of the issue comes down to lack of manpower (again, supposedly) and other real life, behind the scenes stuff.

Honestly, I'm fine with giving ppl the benefit of the doubt, being supportive and patient... but all I ask is consistency and transparency from the project in return. If you can't deliver on that, which is the bare minimum, or worse, behave in a consistently negative way... you're only shooting yourself in the foot here.

This isn't me bashing here. This is legit me being objectively critical of bad practices. And a good case study on what 'not to do' seeing as I'm trying to get shit together myself. I'm nowhere near ready to show anything off yet myself so I don't exactly have any right to being overly critical from a dev's perspective, but I can and should do so from a consumer/supporter's perspective.

A hobby is only a hobby until you get money to help support your hobby. At which point, becomes a business investment you either need to see through to end, or quit while you're ahead. At the very least, it's something I've been thinking about with respect to thinking about good work ethics if/when I fianlly share a project. On that note, I do feel MM's devs, or at least Jikei, 'is' doing their best to live up to those expectations and has, giant gaps of time aside, released good chunks of content per update. It's just... too many minuses in a consistently negative trend REALLY hurt their credibility as a dev, which is a shame. Honestly makes me feel for the supporters butting down $20 - $50 supporting them since it feels like they get shafted harder than anyone else.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes