Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
I'm going to be the hater here and say it, how the hell can it take so long to make updates for this type of games, and after that, you make an update that if you're lucky, will have 1 scene per character at most, idk, this is lickely the devs just slacking and milking as much money as they can with the game, because they don't want to finish it, I'd be ok with waiting 1 year for an update, if that update brought hours of playtime, with new characters and a lot of new content for current characters, but this game is either abandoned (but he posts to avoid people leaving and does small updates for the same reason), or a scam meant to just milk his fans, imo, anyone that still pays this dev is just stupid...

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
I'm going to be the hater here and say it, how the hell can it take so long to make updates for this type of games, and after that, you make an update that if you're lucky, will have 1 scene per character at most, idk, this is lickely the devs just slacking and milking as much money as they can with the game, because they don't want to finish it, I'd be ok with waiting 1 year for an update, if that update brought hours of playtime, with new characters and a lot of new content for current characters, but this game is either abandoned (but he posts to avoid people leaving and does small updates for the same reason), or a scam meant to just milk his fans, imo, anyone that still pays this dev is just stupid...
Surprisingly long. As someone who does 3d as a hobby render times really do take a WHILE. Plus writing (whether how good or bad) take a while to do to. That being said this is probs a bit of a scam. I mean why finish it when they can make it a live service and keep people engaged basically forever.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Surprisingly long. As someone who does 3d as a hobby render times really do take a WHILE. Plus writing (whether how good or bad) take a while to do to. That being said this is probs a bit of a scam. I mean why finish it when they can make it a live service and keep people engaged basically forever.
Well, HS doesn't have render times, but they do almost everything custom, so they have to make the sets, design any new characters, and do all the posing and everything (except where they could be using premade animations).

• Wow
Reactions: potatoezzz

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Damn, I was just thinking about this game and my beloved Nefari and... news from Patreon? Nefari-focused update? Woop!

For those too lazy to click:

To start off, Mythic Manor is still alive and has not been abandoned, despite the lack of updates in the past... forever.

❗v0.21 has finally made it to the stage where I can say it will be ready this month or very soon after. Development obviously has been extremely slow. Barely any progress on v0.21 had been made until the past month or so, mostly due to several different life issues and an extended period of burnout. On top of these issues, Reiralie has been unable to help much due to more important matters, which I completely understand. This will continue for the foreseeable future. They are still helping with testing and website-related things, but pretty much everything else has been on me. I'm sorry for leaving you all in the dark for so long. I understand it's not okay, even with these issues happening.

Shortly after v0.20 released, we were planning on hiring someone else, but things fell through. But now, we are in the final steps of hiring a different person to help with several areas of the game's development. I consider it important for quality to stay the same (or improve), so finding the right person that we could also trust wasn't easy. We'll have more details once this is completely finalized, but you can expect this addition to significantly speed up development (after v0.21). The goal is to have an update at least every 2 months or so.

Anyway, I believe actions speak louder than words, so I don't expect anyone to have much faith in Mythic Manor until it starts releasing at an acceptable rate (and our communication is improved greatly). I'm striving to make that a reality this year.
Hopefully the new hire means we'll be getting an injection of motivation. I imagine it'll help a lot, as having someone else to just bouncing write off of can oftentimes help speed things along. And that's just writing, let alone posing etc. Here's hoping 2024 is good!

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Damn, I was just thinking about this game and my beloved Nefari and... news from Patreon? Nefari-focused update? Woop!

Nefari themed update is awesome and all but a Nefari & Mom/Sister update would be next world level appealing to me lol. I like the idea of finally hiring someone else to come in and help - the game needs a push in the right direction to get updates rolling in and who knows the right candidate might even help pitch in with ideas for a few of the side girls who have had barely any content for years now. The main girls are fantastic but honestly the side girls are just as essential to a sand box game like this to pad out the world beyond just the mansion. Let us bang the Dog store owner for a start, Jade being promoted to MC and working for her i thought was the door opening to just this but nope... she just lingers there complete with progress card yet never any progress to be noted lol. Same with the clothes store woman, have no idea why she has a progress card when we have never be able to interact with her what so ever outside of her being around for other girls scenes (which is fine but in other cases similar to this we do not see other women get a progress card so why her?)

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
They use honey select's studio neo. All the sex animations are there. They don't redo character or background models from scratch every patch

Aug 9, 2016
v0.21 has finally made it to the stage where I can say it will be ready this month or very soon after.
Going by their track record of planned vs. actual release, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes out in April.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Dev Update - v0.21, an extremely overdue update

1707251940353.png

Hey everyone, this will be a long one. TL;DR near the bottom of post.

To start off, Mythic Manor is still alive and has not been abandoned, despite the lack of updates in the past... forever.

❗v0.21 has finally made it to the stage where I can say it will be ready this month or very soon after. Development obviously has been extremely slow. Barely any progress on v0.21 had been made until the past month or so, mostly due to several different life issues and an extended period of burnout. On top of these issues, Reiralie has been unable to help much due to more important matters, which I completely understand. This will continue for the foreseeable future. They are still helping with testing and website-related things, but pretty much everything else has been on me. I'm sorry for leaving you all in the dark for so long. I understand it's not okay, even with these issues happening.

------

Shortly after v0.20 released, we were planning on hiring someone else, but things fell through. But now, we are in the final steps of hiring a different person to help with several areas of the game's development. I consider it important for quality to stay the same (or improve), so finding the right person that we could also trust wasn't easy. We'll have more details once this is completely finalized, but you can expect this addition to significantly speed up development (after v0.21). The goal is to have an update at least every 2 months or so.

Anyway, I believe actions speak louder than words, so I don't expect anyone to have much faith in Mythic Manor until it starts releasing at an acceptable rate (and our communication is improved greatly). I'm striving to make that a reality this year.

------

Now, some details about the upcoming Mythic Manor update. v0.21 will have a good chunk of main story content for Nefari, 5 events. I want to get the manor girls' storylines finished up, and hers is quite impactful to the game as a whole. So v0.21 and also v0.22 will each have several Nefari events. This update Naira and Jade will be getting some love too, and there also will be a Sunday event. As for side girls, you'll be seeing Iris, Kumi, Astrid, and... more. I also worked on some locations/areas that needed to be made, so the map is getting closer to being finished. In addition, I finished the new and improved Scene Gallery forever ago.

As for the Android version, there's finally a good way to have perfectly working apps over 2 GB (which Mythic Manor is). However, I don't have time before v0.21 to make this work. Even though it shouldn't take a ton of time, I don't want to spend any time at all on it right now. Once v0.21 releases, I will start work on the new & improved Android version. Once it's ready, it will be released right away.

------

TL;DR: v0.21 coming this month (or early next). Reiralie unable to help much for foreseeable future. We're finalizing the hiring of another person right now. After v0.21, the goal is to have an update every 2 months or so. Lots of Nefari content in v0.21 (and more ofc).

------

As always, thank you for supporting Mythic Manor through all its ups and downs, whether you're a current patron, former patron, or simply someone following along this project.

Cheers,

Jikei

1707251954024.png

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I get bad track record and all, but it really would be nice to see this get consistent releases going. I've always had a soft spot for this game.

Reactions: torresm

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
How long do the updates usually take? I'm kind of out of the loop. I only remember playing this years ago. Honestly until I saw the most recent update, I was always kind of confused about the status of this game.

somethingblue

Sep 21, 2017
How long do the updates usually take? I'm kind of out of the loop. I only remember playing this years ago. Honestly until I saw the most recent update, I was always kind of confused about the status of this game.
Their monthly wallpapers are the only signs of life for about 9-12 months. Once that's reached, there's a post talking about how the next update is coming soon (1-2 months) and details more side girl content than main girl content. Quality of the update depends on which girls got new stuff and if you like them.
If you haven't played in a couple of years, there might be enough content to justify grabbing the latest version (or wait the 1-2 months for the next) and checking what's been added since.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Their monthly wallpapers are the only signs of life for about 9-12 months. Once that's reached, there's a post talking about how the next update is coming soon (1-2 months) and details more side girl content than main girl content. Quality of the update depends on which girls got new stuff and if you like them.
If you haven't played in a couple of years, there might be enough content to justify grabbing the latest version (or wait the 1-2 months for the next) and checking what's been added since.
Thanks for the clarification. Damn, sometimes I feel like this whole AVN genre's taken a massive slow down. A lot of games are just abandoned or what used to be 6 months for every update is now something like 12 or longer. There's justification about more complex renders, etc making the game take longer to produce but just feels kind of like a cope at the end of the day. I don't necessarily blame the devs (save for one or two who made bank and do this full-time now), it just feels like the environment isn't as vibrant and popping as it was before. Real life and all that getting in the way of what they really want to do.

Also, eh. I don't know. I definitely feel like I first played this a long time ago. I played the latest update and I've almost finished it but I think I've already seen a lot of the stuff. I think this one will just go into my ever-growing pile of games in development "limbo". Which leads to even if it does update, I probably won't have the mind to play it.

At this point, I've gotten used to not playing these games because of the increasingly longer wait times than actually playing most of them. Even now, I've got a whole list of updated games I haven't touched because I've just kind of lost interest and can't even remember how I found the time/patience to sit down and play one of these. Which is fine, I guess. Just feels kind of disappointing or sad in a way that I'm slowly moving on from this medium of entertainment. These used to be a way for me to escape the world for a bit or just help me push past a shitty day. (That being said, there are still some real gems that update regularly just far and few between.)

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
Thanks for the clarification. Damn, sometimes I feel like this whole AVN genre's taken a massive slow down. A lot of games are just abandoned or what used to be 6 months for every update is now something like 12 or longer. There's justification about more complex renders, etc making the game take longer to produce but just feels kind of like a cope at the end of the day. I don't necessarily blame the devs (save for one or two who made bank and do this full-time now), it just feels like the environment isn't as vibrant and popping as it was before. Real life and all that getting in the way of what they really want to do.

Also, eh. I don't know. I definitely feel like I first played this a long time ago. I played the latest update and I've almost finished it but I think I've already seen a lot of the stuff. I think this one will just go into my ever-growing pile of games in development "limbo". Which leads to even if it does update, I probably won't have the mind to play it.

At this point, I've gotten used to not playing these games because of the increasingly longer wait times than actually playing most of them. Even now, I've got a whole list of updated games I haven't touched because I've just kind of lost interest and can't even remember how I found the time/patience to sit down and play one of these. Which is fine, I guess. Just feels kind of disappointing or sad in a way that I'm slowly moving on from this medium of entertainment. These used to be a way for me to escape the world for a bit or just help me push past a shitty day. (That being said, there are still some real gems that update regularly just far and few between.)
Sadly yes, the whole genre is full of games that are developed very slowly, and most of them get abandoned, but I'd say the few serious devs that I know at least, still have a regular update cicle, this happens mostly to devs that get burned out, but don't want to abandon the project, maybe because they're making money, or just because it's a passion for them that they don't want to lose.

For me this game was one of the first that really got me into the AVN genre, first one was Katawa Shoujo, recomended by a friend, later tried this, and then started looking for more, but since that happened, this one has almost the same content it had the first time I played it, thanks to this game, 2 or 3 others that have the same problem and a few abandoned, I decided to never again play a game that is not completed, since I see no point on that, will either end up bored of the game before it's finished, or never knowing the ending because it gets abandoned, so I decided that waiting for it to be finished and playing then was the best option.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I decided to never again play a game that is not completed, since I see no point on that, will either end up bored of the game before it's finished, or never knowing the ending because it gets abandoned, so I decided that waiting for it to be finished and playing then was the best option.
That's an interesting approach. Although, I feel that probably narrows down what you can play by quite a bit. To date, only a handful of devs come to mind when I think of games that are legitimately complete (not just essentially abandoned) and didn't take the better part of a decade. I'm more than happy with 6 to 7 months between updates. It's just that while the devs don't owe me shit, I likewise can't be expected to maintain any interest if updates take a year or longer.

I don't know. It didn't always seem like this from what I remember. It just feels like things are slowing to a halt with this medium. What used to be two updates per year for a game is now a growing trend of one update per year (if we're lucky). Also seems like I've been noticing more games that have been in development for years get abandoned. The usual churn of games that pop up and are abandoned overnight (not literally overnight but abandoned within a year) seems to have increased as well.

But you're definitely right. There are still a few devs left in this space who keep to a reasonable dev cycle. There are also one or two who just can't afford to do this full-time or afford an army of render rigs but you can tell have a passion for this.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes