VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
we only have to watch every theatrical work ever to find it, yay!
It's not that deep or difficult, trust me! I don't wanna give any more away, though. The only reason I drop so many hints about this achievement is because it's something that took a lot of collaboration to pull off.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Perhaps I am missing it, but what is Sophia?
I am getting that she is a goddess (strange to have at least 2 in one vicinity, like Rain), but who and what kind is she?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alphaeboy

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Perhaps I am missing it, but what is Sophia?
I am getting that she is a goddess (strange to have at least 2 in one vicinity, like Rain), but who and what kind is she?
Hmm... it's pretty explicitly spelled out in Chapter Three, but just in case:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019

The MC is one VERY special individual then (choice of gender not so predominant), and I am thoroughly enjoying this story.
Side note: when is Taras's history explained, and how she has Norweigan runes on her body, and items of war?
Belay that question LOL!
I just continued the story and found out in natural progression sitting at her kitchen table.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The Love Interests I think they are pretty Sus?
Well, yes.

Sophie is a goddess that has been around for centuries, she's not going to say everything she knows.

Rain is Fae and also centuries old and never give their secrets out.

Of course they are hiding things.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021

I was a bit puzzled about B. One of her names is Ba‘al. An angel with a demon's name? Or is it the meaning of the word which matters? The Lord, but which lord? The dark one or the bright one?

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I was a bit puzzled about B. One of her names is Ba‘al. An angel with a demon's name? Or is it the meaning of the word which matters? The Lord, but which lord? The dark one or the bright one?
... I gotta spoiler tag this whole-ass thing, but it's a kind of behind-the-scenes bit as to how B was "made".

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

all the non human LI characters: "Hottie alert! MC, Tara, Mara - all in one spot! LET'S GO!!!!!"

Well, yes.

Sophie is a goddess that has been around for centuries, she's not going to say everything she knows.

Rain is Fae and also centuries old and never give their secrets out.

Of course they are hiding things.

and both their "races" are known to put their own , long term, interests before the needs of ....let's say "the people they meet along the way" (mortals)

.....having said that I can't suspect them - I LOOoooove them! No! One of my girls can't be a baddy!
CryingEmoji.jpg

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
... I gotta spoiler tag this whole-ass thing, but it's a kind of behind-the-scenes bit as to how B was "made".

I see. It reminds me of what a Sanskrit text says. Ādityā vai sarpāḥ, actually the gods are snakes. What happens on the scene is not what happens behind the scene.

About Ba’al, there’s no mystery. It means "lord" in several Semitic languages (ba’al in Hebrew, bêl in Babylonian...). When a tradition dies it leaves a corpse behind it, like other beings. What can the corpse of a Lord be?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Now there's a great cameo, Reba is Taras's cousin, and from another game/ city that I can't place, she has a drug dealing brother that the MC got busted...now what was the name of that one?
AND Athena, with her blonde roommate/girlfriend from another one I recently played, where the MC was in Witness Protection!?
Oh, this is getting good, well BETTER since it already IS good.

Side note, the MC here has goddesses, Fae, and...hmm Mara is clearly something special (come on now, she would stick out like a sore thumb if she wasn't!), anyway throwing themselves at him, including a 40,000-year-old one...40 EONS without a single...well that's remarkable really, so when do we find out why he has SO much magnetism to draw them all in so close?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes