VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Now there's a great cameo, Reba is Taras's cousin, and from another game/ city that I can't place, she has a drug dealing brother that the MC got busted...now what was the name of that one?
AND Athena, with her blonde roommate/girlfriend from another one I recently played, where the MC was in Witness Protection!?
Why yes, that's Reba from Come Home and Athena from Bare Witness!

Mara appears in Bare Witness, and there will be a cameo from Mythos in Come Home at some point (other than myself and Kylie both appearing in the Brandi Chats during her streams).

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7empest5teele

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Why yes, that's Reba from Come Home and Athena from Bare Witness!

Mara appears in Bare Witness, and there will be a cameo from Mythos in Come Home at some point (other than myself and Kylie both appearing in the Brandi Chats during her streams).
and lets' not forget the narrator from Harem Highlander mistaking Nelson for Wolfe

Reactions: Nine of Swords

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
hmm Mara is clearly something special (come on now, she would stick out like a sore thumb if she wasn't!)
Having a Scottish name, she might be a ban-sìthe. But which kind? A good one who takes you to her world of perpetual bliss or a bad one who appears to foretell your imminent death?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022
I'm not sure it's as simple as good vs evil on the beacon thing.

Vampire lady didn't kill Kylie, and instead says, "I'll help you."

The other supernaturals think the vampire lady is probably evil. So. Is she feeling generous because Kylie is a beacon? :unsure:

And who do we know that is a supernatural and doesn't like Kylie?

Desmond. Is he evil? It doesn't seem like it.

I do think there is a very good chance the secret is staring us in the face. Look at Desmond's luscious silver locks. It is clear that beacons are adored by everyone except
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I'm not sure it's as simple as good vs evil on the beacon thing.
I was only talking about Mara the (possible) banshee. There are two kinds of banshees, at least, some want to give you felicity (if you're attractive enough :D), some are messengers announcing misfortune. Or perhaps they are two faces of the same beings.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I was only talking about Mara the (possible) banshee. There are two kinds of banshees, at least, some want to give you felicity (if you're attractive enough :D), some are messengers announcing misfortune. Or perhaps they are two faces of the same beings.
Be aware that like Nine of Swords indicate before, the lore in Mythos is different from the traditional folklore.
In fact, the human myths and legends are inspired by the Mythos lore, but not accurate.
Over the times, humans have transformed the stories so much, interpreted some facts so wrongly, that the tales aren't near the reality.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, if banshee exist in Mythos, they could be rather different of what the legends tell.

Last edited:

radoxthegreen

Oct 26, 2019
Yes, definitively the cat!
Always suspect the cat, even more when it's black!

Mystery resolved, the murder is the cat!
All of this for a dark story about a can of tuna Lisa didn't want to open...
:)
Since it seems quite likely that the cat is in fact Bastet, it could easily be the cat.

However, this is the Mythos mythos, so all is probably not what it seems.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Be aware that like @Nine of Swords indicate before, the lore in Mythos is different from the traditional folklore.
This cannot be highlighted, emphasized, and stressed enough. In fact, if you know a lot about "real world" folklore in general, that knowledge will very likely work against you as you try to figure out stuff going on in the world of Mythos.

To reiterate the title of Chapter Three: Everything You Know Is Wrong.

Reactions: Udayana

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Just had a tought, Cecil mentoned that he at one point was getting it on with a valkyrie(can't remember her name), and since Tara was refered to as the Blood of the valkyrie at Sylvia's party, is/was the valkyrie in question Tara's grandma or one of her other relatives?

Snafu

Jul 21, 2017
Played through the first 3 chapters... game's fantastic, even though I have absolutely no suspects.

On an unrelated note, B mentioning that she felt kinda femme has my hopes up - will there be any trans love interests (already met or new to upcoming chapters), or are the only dicks going to be a Male PC and/or Aiden?

Might have already been answered, but I'm not trolling through 110 pages.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Played through the first 3 chapters... game's fantastic, even though I have absolutely no suspects.

On an unrelated note, B mentioning that she felt kinda femme has my hopes up - will there be any trans love interests (already met or new to upcoming chapters), or are the only dicks going to be a Male PC and/or Aiden?

Likely only dicks being male MC.

Female MC is les.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017

Book One (of which there's only two or maybe three chapters left) won't. I do want to include a trans love interest in the future, but I want to be careful about it.

I don't mean "be careful" in that it may upset some people that a trans love interest exists, but I don't want to make it look like there's a trans character there to be pandering or fetishizing. I have many good real-world trans friends (one of whom is my ex) and I want that sort of love interest to be done in a way that doesn't feel uncomfortable.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So, we known that werewolves don't exist, as everyone keeps telling us.
But... if every thing we know is wrong... it means that werewolves exits, right ?
:ROFLMAO:
The problem we have is that because Nine makes the lore up, we need a way of sneaking all the forgotten Supernatural beings in without her noticing.

With that in mind .... I propose we bribe Morgana with Cheesecake, or a desert of her choice if she's one of those weird people that don't like Cheesecake, to sneak in aforementioned forgotten members of the Supernatural community when Nine is sleeping.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
The problem we have is that because Nine makes the lore up, we need a way of sneaking all the forgotten Supernatural beings in without her noticing.

With that in mind .... I propose we bribe Morgana with Cheesecake, or a desert of her choice if she's one of those weird people that don't like Cheesecake, to sneak in aforementioned forgotten members of the Supernatural community when Nine is sleeping.
Nine: (Looking at the game files) Why the fuck are there werewo--oh, hey is that cheesecake? (Hits the "publish game" button by accident while scrambling toward the cheesecake)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

Nine: (Looking at the game files) Why the fuck are there werewo--oh, hey is that cheesecake? (Hits the "publish game" button by accident while scrambling toward the cheesecake)
Now we know how to get it done! Ava, you had the right idea but we can bypass Morgana and go straight to bribing Nine!!!!!

TaraWolfThumbsUp.png

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes