VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I think it's more like we'd have to buy them both a Cheesecake.

I don't want angry Morgana coming after me.

My bribe attempt doubled in cost.
True, good call. It may have doubled in cost - but it may have more than doubled in chance of success!

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Was going to say - who the heck are these people who don't like cheesecake? I don't believe they exist.
I used to not like cheesecake, until I had one NOT made by my mother. My mom was an excellent cook, but she made awful cheesecake. It was like eating dried out cream cheese. No flavor and a texture like clay.

• Sad
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I used to not like cheesecake, until I had one NOT made by my mother. My mom was an excellent cook, but she made awful cheesecake. It was like eating dried out cream cheese. No flavor and a texture like clay.
I used to think there was no such thing as bad cheesecake until I actually had bad cheesecake. It's a crime against humanity.

I am not going to be sure to include cheesecake in Chapter Four somehow. Twin Peaks is one of the inspirations for Mythos, so maybe cheesecake can become the Mythos analogue to pie.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Was going to say - who the heck are these people who don't like cheesecake? I don't believe they exist.
Being French, I don't even know what a cheesecake is. A cake made with cheese? Horrible. But "there's no accounting for taste".

What is more interesting for me, is the girl with the cute embarrassed smile Nine? :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Being French, I don't even know what a cheesecake is. A cake made with cheese? Horrible. But "there's no accounting for taste".

What is more interesting for me, is the girl with the cute embarrassed smile Nine? :)
Cheesecake is not really a cake. By cooking method it is actually a pie with cream cheese as it's primary ingredient. I tried to look online for a French equivalent and what I found that looked close was from Alsace if you are familiar with that dish. Other sources said there is nothing equivalent made in France.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I used to think there was no such thing as bad cheesecake until I actually had bad cheesecake. It's a crime against humanity.

I am not going to be sure to include cheesecake in Chapter Four somehow. Twin Peaks is one of the inspirations for Mythos, so maybe cheesecake can become the Mythos analogue to pie.
In a photography class I took in college, the professor was bitching about how bland and uninteresting someone's photograph was. He ended up by saying "Put a damn bowl of potato chips in it or something!". For the next several assignments, my friends and I put a bowl of potato chips into every picture we turned in, sometimes sort of "easter egg" hiding them. Finally the Prof said "ENOUGH!, I'll fail the next person who puts potato chips in a picture!" (He was laughing when he said it, cool guy overall)

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Cheesecake is not really a cake. By cooking method it is actually a pie with cream cheese as it's primary ingredient. I tried to look online for a French equivalent and what I found that looked close was from Alsace if you are familiar with that dish. Other sources said there is nothing equivalent made in France.
I live very far from Alsace. :) In the south of France. It's probably very good but it wouldn't be a dessert here, rather an entry or a main dish.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I live very far from Alsace. :) In the south of France. It's probably very good but it wouldn't be a dessert here, rather an entry or a main dish.
You have cake for a main course?

Basically a cheescake has a biscuit base and then uses cream cheese mixed with sugar and flavour from things like Chocolate, Orange, Lime etc...

524973011_0_640x640.jpg

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:cry:

but enough talk about food cake, i am still missing a girl with a healthy green skin color. any plans (about an orc-girl)? :unsure:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Are there Ork's in the Mythosverse?

I think we need an in depth comprehensive guide to what is and isn't in the lore.

A 5 page essay should cover it.

Teacher Ava gives out homework.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
i just write a single word on each sheet:

orcs and elves just belong together in any good fantasy-vn.

ok, and with this we have an 10-page essay.
hopefully i will get a bee with a star for it.:sneaky:

• Thinking Face

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Vampires and Werewolves usually belong together but it seems one half of that pairing doesn't exist in the Mythosphere.

All we have are gods, goddesses, vamps, mages, beacons, demons and a girl that can turn into a giant canine but is totally not a Werewolf.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I think the closest from cream cheese (called "fromage à la crème" in Quebec) you can get in France will be something like the kiri.
At least for consistency and texture.
Cheesecake could sound horrible for a French, but it's not so bad.
Well not as good as a Mille-feuilles, an Éclair, a Religieuse, a Tarte Tatin, a Crème Brulée, a Galette des Rois à la Frangipane, a... but still largely eddible :)

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes