VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 2178923

Friday Update - November 18th, 2022

New version available: Mythos for Workgroups v 3.11!

Hope you won't any more trouble with your cars...

I will have to restart the chapter 3 to experience the new Investigation Mode.
By the way, is there an help to find the Minesweeper in the 3.11 version? :)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
MythosBookOne-3.1.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 2178923

Friday Update - November 18th, 2022

New version available: Mythos for Workgroups v 3.11!

Wow, seems like you angered some deity.....
Ok jokes aparts, I hope you solve your car problems soon and thank you for the new version of the third chapter.
Not having been able to play yet, and being an absolute "duffer" with detective games I'm happy to have some extra help so maybe I won't pin my suspicions directly on the cat as I did in the previous version... Yes these are my skills investigative unfortunately, very poors to put it mildly...:D

LexiKnight

Dec 25, 2017
I just started the game, and thought it was a bit odd that it was set in Baltimore. Then I noticed the graffiti on one of the underpasses on 695: "I don't want the world, I just want your half". That was really on one of the underpasses on the southwest side of the beltway for decades. I think it got scrubbed off in the 2000s, but it was up for as long as I could remember before that. In real life It was on the bridge part (I think a train bridge?).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Hammerjacks reference now.

sailboat

Apr 15, 2020
Nine of Swords
Just on the startup of this game, and found wonderful references to Bare Witness (love it!) and Come Home :-D
And your introduction is fun!
Good luck for the game and life

EDIT:
1668853568372.png

Well...

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I just started the game, and thought it was a bit odd that it was set in Baltimore. Then I noticed the graffiti on one of the underpasses on 695: "I don't want the world, I just want your half". That was really on one of the underpasses on the southwest side of the beltway for decades. I think it got scrubbed off in the 2000s, but it was up for as long as I could remember before that. In real life It was on the bridge part (I think a train bridge?).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Hammerjacks reference now.
I'm a Baltimore native! :D I've lived here all my life, never living anywhere else. The graffiti isn't exactly the same as it was in the real world, but the important part is that it's making the same reference to the :

When I was driving once
I saw this painted on a bridge:
"I don't want the world,
I just want your half."

I'm trying not to put in too many Baltimore references, though; I don't want people from other places getting too confused!

Ah yes! I ate some a few times, it's not bad. I was thinking of a cake made with "camembert" or "roquefort" :ROFLMAO:
I had camembert for the first time a few months ago... I am not a fan. Imagining a cake made of it... uuurgh...

Is this the same mara i saw in bare witness?
It is! Mara was a cameo in Bare Witness, just like Athena is a cameo in Mythos! Same Mara, same Athena! :)

GameMinion

May 12, 2021
I was thinking on the change made for the hints, and thought you could offer a harder version at some point that uses a mouseover. That way you could have the related character give some side eye or eye brow raise as an indicator. I figured that would be closer to your original intent, and any character reactions would fit with the fourth wall sort of stuff you've thrown in here and there.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
HogRocket!
Did you steal Lisa's car before put it on fire???!!!!
Is there some evidences you want to make disappear?
Are you involved in the murder?

Murder mystery solved!
The culprit is HogRocket!
:)
Hmmmm :unsure:, I'm beginning to wonder if I am. I've played some "Murder Mystery Party" games where at the end I had to say "I think I did it".....Maybe I did. I'll have to interrogate myself to see where I was on the night of the murder.

WAIT! I've never been to Boston....I mean Baltimore.....either one! I can't have done it! Yay!

actually, it isn't Lisa's car; hers was in pretty collectable shape if I remember correctly. This is what the "fire" car looks like before the fire

ParkingGarageCarReveal01.png

Aug 16, 2022
I have been to Baltimore one time, though I lived in Maryland as a kid (closest town was La Plata, so I have more connection with Tara than most. I have heard that accent! That was all my middle school friends.)

But I'm a NOVA native, and I therefore sneer down my nose at Nine and her poor driving habits. (Like, do you expect me to believe you have ever used your blinkers?)

NOVA drivers are every bit as bad, this area is where failed drivers move to feel like they fit in somewhere.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I have been to Baltimore one time, though I lived in Maryland as a kid (closest town was La Plata, so I have more connection with Tara than most. I have heard that accent! That was all my middle school friends.)

But I'm a NOVA native, and I therefore sneer down my nose at Nine and her poor driving habits. (Like, do you expect me to believe you have ever used your blinkers?)

NOVA drivers are every bit as bad, this area is where failed drivers move to feel like they fit in somewhere.
I always use my blinkers! That's one thing I hate about the drivers up here.

However, unlike Virginia drivers, we aren't afraid to actually use the accelerator!!!

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes