VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
ask my brand new backpack.

Managed to tranport a leeking bottle of pure native greek olive oil in it! Soaked everything! :rolleyes:
It wouldn't have happened with French hazelnut oil :ROFLMAO: . And you can ask any squirrel, there's no better oil. Hmm... maybe wheat oil.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Actually, come to think of it, I have a question.

Area 42. The name inspiration seems obvious (it's an Area 51 reference), but where does the 42 part come from? Hitchhiker's reference? A deep and abiding love for the band that released "Something About You"? The 42-letter Name of God in Judaism? Something else?

Feel free to let the band answer this one if you want, Nine. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 2193819

Friday Update - November 25th, 2022

"Ask the Cast" maybe canceled?

Sadly I just had the time to catch up with the old part and I'm almost at the start of the "party", but I will try to finish it on the weekend so hopefully I will be ready with my questions and consideration for the next time.
Up until now, replaying helped me appreciate the changes you did, seeing Tara again :)love::love::love:) and appreciate B more, I'm honest I found her a little bit annoying the first time, now I admit that I like her a lot.
So, once again, a big thank you for giving us one of the most interesting and good games I've seen ( and played) so far Nine.:giggle:(y)

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
Since we get to choose the MC's gender I was wondering, is the content for female MC going to be purely lesbian or will it also include straight content?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 2197715
A Mythos Carol - Stave One

Desmond Medraut gets a dire warning...
Amazing, loved it I'm really starting to appreciate Desmond.... Psyche! No, I'm not ( at least for now) this was a great start though, can't wait to read the enxt part!
The 3rd chpater was amazing, loved every part of it and oh my I was expecting that cliffhanger and I can't wait to see where it will lead, I'm thrilled for what will come next.
Once again thank you for this game Nine, it's in my top 5 fav! :giggle:

SkyLord2018

Apr 29, 2018
Just finished 3.1.1 update. Must say I was being impressed by the style, dialogue, and story line of this game. Most certainly different.

First 2 chapters was interesting. You decided the path you wanted to travel with each girl and went for it. Sex animated with the first 3 girls; Tara, Sophia, Rain and that's it. Chapter 3 comes around and you get to decide how to act with the nex 2 girls; B and Mara. BUT !!! No animated sex. Was looking forward to bang B in Chapter 3 after you had a brief encounter in chapter 2 and she said be patient.

We need more P time with the Girls and possibly a repeat scene for all the Girls. Maybe a little bit of free roam to have sex with the girls and then some straight line dtory time. SO, I guess the question is; will future sex scenes be animated or is Chapter 1, 2 all you get.

Still an interesting game, just a little confused as to what the structure is going to be.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just finished 3.1.1 update. Must say I was being impressed by the style, dialogue, and story line of this game. Most certainly different.

First 2 chapters was interesting. You decided the path you wanted to travel with each girl and went for it. Sex animated with the first 3 girls; Tara, Sophia, Rain and that's it. Chapter 3 comes around and you get to decide how to act with the nex 2 girls; B and Mara. BUT !!! No animated sex. Was looking forward to bang B in Chapter 3 after you had a brief encounter in chapter 2 and she said be patient.

We need more P time with the Girls and possibly a repeat scene for all the Girls. Maybe a little bit of free roam to have sex with the girls and then some straight line dtory time. SO, I guess the question is; will future sex scenes be animated or is Chapter 1, 2 all you get.

Still an interesting game, just a little confused as to what the structure is going to be.
Nine has already cleared all this.

Animations are only in the first couple of updates, they take far too long and she isn't a fan of doing them. Put it to player vote, the majority said not to bother with them if it makes it easier for her.

These are only short games so don't expect any free roam or breaks in the story.

SkyLord2018

Apr 29, 2018
Nine has already cleared all this.

Animations are only in the first couple of updates, they take far too long and she isn't a fan of doing them. Put it to player vote, the majority said not to bother with them if it makes it easier for her.

These are only short games so don't expect any free roam or breaks in the story.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will try and find something else to play even though I was liking the game. Didn't know it was going to be a short game with little to or no animation. I suppose the tag animated was more referring to the other stuff in the game. The hour glass etc. It is in my opinion a good and interesting game but I don't like still pics for sex scenes. I'm sorely disappointed, but do thank for the reply and explaining the games intended structure.

Reactions: Renfield42069

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah, I just removed the animated tag. I left it on because there are animated scenes in the first two Chapters, but since I'm not doing them anymore I want to remove the expectation. I may actually remove the existing animations from the game just so people will know generally how the game will go.

With the focus not being on the sex/relationship aspect, the animations were taking a disproportionate amount of time away from the other aspects, like renders, writing, coding, and making the music. I think the people who like Mythos don't primarily like it for the lewd scenes, and there's plenty of other games where that is the focus (and I like some of those, myself).

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I may actually remove the existing animations from the game just so people will know generally how the game will go.
You could possibly switch them to some sort of "extras" bonus content side thing. So it's not part of the main story and won't necessarily create unrealistic expectations, but would still keep you from just throwing away something you spent a lot of time on.

Plus that way, if you ever get the odd urge to animate a given scene in the future, you can always just throw it in the same place and have it be like a special treat.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes