VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 3036830

Weekly Update - October 26th, 2023

Good game news, bad personal news.

When I saw the new weekly update was already here, I was thinking "how to write silly jokes without writing silly jokes again" until I read it...
Well, no matter to silly jokes at all :cry:
I hope Morgana and you are OK.
Who's know, maybe your friend may recover.
At least, you had no stomach issue.
I send you all the virtual hugs I can.

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
The "retelling from memory" bit is an homage to one of the novel series I take a lot of inspiration from (The Dresden Files), but it's also generally how a lot of old detective novels were written. I wanted to keep that kind of feel to things. Don't worry - Everything you see happening in the game is real (to the best of Kylie's memory).

And yes, I use a few renders from Sylphine in the game (with permission from Glacerose, who I can't tag for some reason). :D
Did Someone mention The Dresden Files?!?!?!? Only one of the BEST series ever written. I might also add that if you like Dresden, then you should seriously check out the Iron Druid Series also. Ok I am going back to lurking

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I fear that in a few years the question is going to be "What are 'books'?" instead. :cry:
It's already like that kind of. Most of these youngsters don't know what it's like to hold a real book, nor the sensation of turning a page. Or the want to just fold down the corner of the page to mark where you left off, even though we know we shouldn't.

To them, a book is electronic. You don't turn a page you swipe. :cry:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
It's already like that kind of. Most of these youngsters don't know what it's like to hold a real book, nor the sensation of turning a page. Or the want to just fold down the corner of the page to mark where you left off, even though we know we shouldn't.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dark Silence

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020

Oh, so true. Nothing is like holding a real book to read.

Reactions: Dark Silence

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Oh, so true. Nothing is like holding a real book to read.
My son is of the generation that has their face glued to their phone at all times. Except - he hates electronic books/readers/apps. He's rather have a physical book in his hand. He's had a little bit of a hard time starting college where so many textbooks are digital now.

The technology will never be able to completely replace books. Have you ever tried to beat someone to death with a memory card?
challenge.jpg

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The technology will never be able to completely replace books. Have you ever tried to beat someone to death with a memory card?
I mean ... the thing HOLDING the memory card probably would work (although unlike a book, you probably won't be able to use the thing anymore ...).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hullahopp

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
My son is of the generation that has their face glued to their phone at all times. Except - he hates electronic books/readers/apps. He's rather have a physical book in his hand. He's had a little bit of a hard time starting college where so many textbooks are digital now.
I can't disagree, but digital editions are very convenient too. I want an edition of the Ossianic poems collected by MacPherson? I get it immediately on archive.org. If it didn't exist, I would have to be very lucky to find the book for sale, and very rich to be able to buy it.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I can't disagree, but digital editions are very convenient too. I want an edition of the Ossianic poems collected by MacPherson? I get it immediately on archive.org. If it didn't exist, I would have to be very lucky to find the book for sale, and very rich to be able to buy it.
yeah, even though I'm the "old man" I read almost exclusively on my Ipad anymore. I have a couple hundred books on my Ipad probably. Too convenient. editions are cheaper and I can read in low-light easier. Plus since my Ipad is in an armored waterproof case - I can do more damage with it than I could with a paperback if I need to use it as a weapon :LOL:

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes