VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
yeah, even though I'm the "old man" I read almost exclusively on my Ipad anymore. I have a couple hundred books on my Ipad probably. Too convenient. editions are cheaper and I can read in low-light easier. Plus since my Ipad is in an armored waterproof case - I can do more damage with it than I could with a paperback if I need to use it as a weapon :LOL:
I'm an old man also and all my reading comes from actual books. Which reminds me that I need to go to the eye doc again. If I lose my eyesight now, I'll be forced to hold a book and listen to the audiobook of it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I'm an old man also and all my reading comes from actual books. Which reminds me that I need to go to the eye doc again. If I lose my eyesight now, I'll be forced to hold a book and listen to the audiobook of it.
Be sure someone doesn't hand you a copy of a trashy "romance" novel upside down while your listening. :ROFLMAO:
And turn a page every once in a while to keep them fooled.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 3058465

Weekly Update - November 3rd, 2023

Inching toward that finish line!

There's no "right amount of time" to grieve the loss of a friend or loved one. I was in my early 30s when I lost the friend that got me into LARPing in a car accident. I still miss her 20 years later.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Give yourself a break and a few days to breathe and grieve...trust me, I may be old and definitely NOT wise, but in this matter I am right (I think).
You are not wrong, but remember that we all have different ways of grieving. Some people want to be alone with their thoughts, others want to be in the company of friends and loved ones and some throws themselves into work. No one way is better than the other.

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
We have devs all over this site that delay their game for months because they stubbed their toe. You are by far one of the most consistent and communicative devs around. If you feel that you need to slow down or take some time then by all means do it. Grief is a weird thing and can linger around for a long time. It has a very high stealth skill and can sneak up on you when you least expect it. It's one thing when a loss happens when you're prepared. Those suck but at least the perspective helps. Something like this though has a larger impact. Take your time and do what you need to do for you. We're not going anywhere.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
You are not wrong, but remember that we all have different ways of grieving. Some people want to be alone with their thoughts, others want to be in the company of friends and loved ones and some throws themselves into work. No one way is better than the other.
You are right that each person will have their way to cope with the death of a friend/next of kind.
What I was saying, and I think that what the others mean too, is that if Nine of Swords needs some times for herself, she should take it.

If she prefers to throw herself in the game, to keep her mind busy, it's fine.
But if, on the contrary she doesn't have the spirit to work, she shouldn't hesitate to halt the development of the game. And doesn't have to apology for that.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
You are right that each person will have their way to cope with the death of a friend/next of kind.
What I was saying, and I think that what the others mean too, is that if Nine of Swords needs some times for herself, she should take it.

If she prefers to throw herself in the game, to keep her mind busy, it's fine.
But if, on the contrary she doesn't have the spirit to work, she shouldn't hesitate to halt the development of the game. And doesn't have to apology for that.
I wasn't disagreeing with anyone. It is solid advice to take the time needed. I guess what I wanted to express is that it is not wrong to to work either and that we should trust in Nine to do what is best for her.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I thanked all my followers/supporters in the weekly update, but I wanna thank you F95 folks on this thread specifically. I've seen so many other threads where any time a dev has any hardship they're attacked as "making excuses", but you all have been really understanding every time I've had any kind of issue come up.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I thanked all my followers/supporters in the weekly update, but I wanna thank you F95 folks on this thread specifically. I've seen so many other threads where any time a dev has any hardship they're attacked as "making excuses", but you all have been really understanding every time I've had any kind of issue come up.
That's because you have civilized people in this thread. Sure, some of us can go full-on beast mode in other threads, but we keep it out of this one.

I'm not good with all the feels, but, I feel for you and the problems you've been going through. Sometimes life just runs us over and tries to take away our happiness. Take all the time you need. Much love to you and yours. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes