VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 3215220

Weekly Update - December 29th, 2023

I hope y'all have played Chapter Five by now!!! If not, don't worry - No spoilers are in this update.

Glad to know that Morgana doesn't have cancer.
I wish her a good health, and you too Nine of course.
It's amazing as your render of her without glasses change her look a lot.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have a question
If there is only one canon ending
Does that mean that no matter which LI we choose we'll start the new chapter with a certain one?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I have a question
If there is only one canon ending
Does that mean that no matter which LI we choose we'll start the new chapter with a certain one?
Hmm... I dunno how much I can say without giving anything away. I'll need to try to be vague.

Let me just give a hypothetical example. Let's say you're romancing a character... let's call her Sandra. When the time comes to pick who you think the murderer is, you believe Sandra is the killer, so you accuse her. Even if she's not the murderer, chances are you two won't be together after that, so she likely won't be so friendly in Book Two.

Now imagine that scenario, but with fourteen different suspects (not all romanceable, but still). It'd be impossible for me to make Book Two continue from every possible permutation of your Book One choices, so I'm not even going to try.

Some characters from Book One may not be in Book Two for any number of reasons, but if a romancable character from Book One is available (and romanceable) in Book Two, you can continue to love on them. Or act like it never happened, if you want.

It's important to note that some people may even be playing Mythos without romancing anybody, too! You'll never be assumed to have a romance with anybody unless you specifically tell the game you're interested in someone.

Random note: I also try my best to not have any of the MC's internal monologue talk about how attractive a character is unless you pick them as a love interest. I have a personal pet peeve when an MC in a game says "she's so hot!" about characters I think are extremely unattractive.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hmm... I dunno how much I can say without giving anything away. I'll need to try to be vague.

Let me just give a hypothetical example. Let's say you're romancing a character... let's call her Sandra. When the time comes to pick who you think the murderer is, you believe Sandra is the killer, so you accuse her. Even if she's not the murderer, chances are you two won't be together after that, so she likely won't be so friendly in Book Two.

Now imagine that scenario, but with fourteen different suspects (not all romanceable, but still). It'd be impossible for me to make Book Two continue from every possible permutation of your Book One choices, so I'm not even going to try.

Some characters from Book One may not be in Book Two for any number of reasons, but if a romancable character from Book One is available (and romanceable) in Book Two, you can continue to love on them. Or act like it never happened, if you want.

It's important to note that some people may even be playing Mythos without romancing anybody, too! You'll never be assumed to have a romance with anybody unless you specifically tell the game you're interested in someone.

Random note: I also try my best to not have any of the MC's internal monologue talk about how attractive a character is unless you pick them as a love interest. I have a personal pet peeve when an MC in a game says "she's so hot!" about characters I think are extremely unattractive.
Wow thank you for the detailed reply
I really appreciate it
It's put my mind at ease heading into the next part of the story.

P.S. You are so right about that inner monologue some mc's have
It annoys me as well

• Red Heart

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
There is, as of this writing, no Sandra in Mythos!

But I feel like I may need to reference her now, just for a little inside joke.
I understand it was a joke. And I was also joking.
Now, we have another running gag for Mythos beside the werewolf :)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
There is, as of this writing, no Sandra in Mythos!

But I feel like I may need to reference her now, just for a little inside joke.
I've just been watching as I haven't been able to get this one downloaded yet - very long queue - so I'm not familiar with all the names, but I could see the young lady with long, green hair as a Sandra - reminds me of a couple of them from college. ;)

• Thinking Face

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Sandra is the werewolf!!!
Random thought: does a female werewolf's cycle line up with the full moon, too? Would this make her more volatile than a male werewolf? If, alternatively, it lined up with ovulation instead, would she rip your throat out or do a "preying mantis" impersonation as she mounted her lucky/unlucky prey? Would depicting such a thing require tags for "furry", "monster", "bestiality", "gore" and "vore"? Inquiring minds want to know.:unsure:

Last edited:

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Random thought: does a female werewolf's cycle line up with the full moon, too? Would this make her more volatile than a male werewolf? If, alternatively, it lined up with ovulation instead, would she rip your throat out or do a "preying mantis" impersonation as she mounted her lucky/unlucky prey? Would depicting such a thing require tags for "furry", "monster", "bestiality", "gore" and "vore"? Inquiring minds want to know.:unsure:
This is a very interesting question. It's like that, "Will Santa be able to deliver the presents at Christmas?" (One study says no.)

To summarize the question:

Lunar cycles can be calculated accurately, but not menstrual cycles. Modern scientific research, late medieval records, and ancient Hippocratic writings all confirm that there is no correlation between women's cycles and the position of the moon.

The female werewolf is a human-wolf hybrid too, the changes affect not only her external physical characteristics, but also her internal organs. Except for her humanoid build and higher intelligence, she is more wolf than human. Female wolves, on the other hand, are in heat only once a year.

(I quickly look back, if my girlfriend is behind me, she smashes the keyboard on my head...)
So. The difference between a menstruating woman and a hostage-taking terrorist is that you can negotiate with the terrorist.
Now imagine a female werewolf in heat once a month. She's driven by her instincts AND she's very irritated. The gore tag would be fully justified.

Vore tag is the only one I don't see as necessary. Praying mantises are completely anti-social, unlike wolves/humans. It is characteristic of both species that the woman/female chooses the man/male she likes with whom she is willing to have offspring. So a female werewolf won't kill you during/after mating.

Sorry, I had a night shift and drank too much coffee. My brain is a little overdrive.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Lunar cycles can be calculated accurately, but not menstrual cycles. Modern scientific research, late medieval records, and ancient Hippocratic writings all confirm that there is no correlation between women's cycles and the position of the moon.
Having never had periods myself (like everyone else born with XY chromosomes and lacking ovaries and a uterus, that's impossible for me), I never noted the amount of variance that can occur - while the average meunstral cycle is about the same as the average lunar cycle (guess what - the lunar cycle can vary slightly as well), there is enough difference that a precise syncing is very unlikely to occur. But, maybe - just maybe - if you're a werewolf, they MIGHT. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Hullahopp
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes