VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 3233618

Weekly Update - January 4th, 2024
A day early, but there's a survey for you to fill out! (Limited slots, for now)

First, it was a Sandra coming from nowhere.
Now it's the Friday Weekly Update coming out Thursday.
I definitely can't keep up anymore. At my age, I need things to be stable...
:D

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
So sorry about this, but I had to remake the survey. Long story short: SurveyMonkey wanted to charge me $300 to see all the responses, and... that's a lot. So I made my own here:
Okay, I have filled in the questionnaire again. I can't say I was much help, I'd like to see/hear more about everything and everyone. (Hey, not my fault! You made the world too interesting!)
What I left out of the suggestions is the pairing up for later. E.g. B and Sophia, Tara and Mara, etc. (It doesn't exclude the MC from the sex scenes.)
I threw in this suggestion because someone in the reviews complained that the erotic scenes were not written in a romantic way. I think this makes sense from a world perspective, since the waifus are hundreds/many thousands of years old. They're more likely to have sex with the MC for fun/curiosity, after all Kyle/Kylie's whole life is as short in their eyes as a mayfly's is to us.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Okay, I have filled in the questionnaire again. I can't say I was much help, I'd like to see/hear more about everything and everyone. (Hey, not my fault! You made the world too interesting!)
What I left out of the suggestions is the pairing up for later. E.g. B and Sophia, Tara and Mara, etc. (It doesn't exclude the MC from the sex scenes.)
I threw in this suggestion because someone in the reviews complained that the erotic scenes were not written in a romantic way. I think this makes sense from a world perspective, since the waifus are hundreds/many thousands of years old. They're more likely to have sex with the MC for fun/curiosity, after all Kyle/Kylie's whole life is as short in their eyes as a mayfly's is to us.
I partly agree with you. About how entities thousands of years old might see relationship with a mortal. But not all the LI are immortals.

In fact, the one for which I would love to see more romantic moments is Tara.
She waited a decade or so, seeing you happy with another girl when she was lonely and hopeless. While keeping her feelings secret behind a tough girl attitude. So now that she could finally, and against all odds, be in a love relationship with Ky, I would like to see exactly that : love. Not just more sex scenes, but little intimate moments like cuddling, sharing a kiss, having a romantic evening out, even hand-holding to please Joshy92 ;)...
I know some will object that Tara is not the romantic girlfriend type.
But I disagree. I think that like onions :) she has layers. That her tough attitude is a facade to hide her true feelings. And that deep down she could be a softies that crave for romantic moments with her lover. After all, she like K-pop, she has more dimensions than one could think of.

Now, I know that the romantic/sex part of the game isn't the primary objective of Nine of Swords. Who at first want to write a asexual protagonist story. But then decide to add some sex contents just to hook up all the pervs like us to her game (what a sneaky and cunning dev she is... but it's worked! :)).
Not to mention that not all the players are on Tara route, and may want to have such moments with other LI. Which will increased the work for just optional scenes.
So I understand why Nine won't add more romantic moments.
But still, I will loved to see some. And I just realize I forget to write it in the survey :-(.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
I partly agree with you. About how entities thousands of years old might see relationship with a mortal. But not all the LI are immortals.

In fact, the one for which I would love to see more romantic moments is Tara.
She waited a decade or so, seeing you happy with another girl when she was lonely and hopeless. While keeping her feelings secret behind a tough girl attitude. So now that she could finally, and against all odds, be in a love relationship with Ky, I would like to see exactly that : love. Not just more sex scenes, but little intimate moments like cuddling, sharing a kiss, having a romantic evening out, even hand-holding to please Joshy92 ;)...
I know some will object that Tara is not the romantic girlfriend type.
But I disagree. I think that like onions :) she has layers. That her tough attitude is a facade to hide her true feelings. And that deep down she could be a softies that crave for romantic moments with her lover. After all, she like K-pop, she has more dimensions than one could think of.

Now, I know that the romantic/sex part of the game isn't the primary objective of Nine of Swords. Who at first want to write a asexual protagonist story. But then decide to add some sex contents just to hook up all the pervs like us to her game (what a sneaky and cunning dev she is... but it's worked! :)).
Not to mention that not all the players are on Tara route, and may want to have such moments with other LI. Which will increased the work for just optional scenes.
So I understand why Nine won't add more romantic moments.
But still, I will loved to see some. And I just realize I forget to write it in the survey :-(.
I thought about this part of the Regularus review: "The only bad point i have with Mythos are the sex scenes that lack feelings with no romance or love atmosphere surrounding them, they feel very artificial/mechanical (at least with the man MC)."

I'm not against romance, but a perennial problem in adult games is the timing of sex scenes.
If you have to wait too long to reach an LI, the player might get bored.
If there is erotic contact between the characters from the first minute and they have known each other for a long time, fine.
If the narrative says they've only just met, two words are spoken, and action, it makes the story frivolous.
Nine handled this elegantly.

• Thinking Face

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 5.0.1 + WT by AdanGC Mods

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Pixeldrain (If you use QIWI you support me a little bit every time you click)
Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 309 MB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Reactions: Ben 10001

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
I just want to say that I just found this game and absolutely am in love with it.
The story you are telling is absolutely amazing and the fact this is only book 1 of many more to come makes me excited.

• Red Heart

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
You know what I haven't done in a while? A good ol' commission round-up!!!

Rain: "So is this armour hard to take off?"
Edda: "Let's find out..."

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes