VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm still concerned over the cat stealing someone else's invite.

Nothing is safe with a cat burglar around....

You know when you have one of those jokes in your head and you just can't let it go but you know typing it out is the wrong thing to do cos it's bad?

This was one of those moments. It's like I need to say it but I know I shouldnt.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
You know when you have one of those jokes in your head and you just can't let it go but you know typing it out is the wrong thing to do cos it's bad?

This was one of those moments. It's like I need to say it but I know I shouldnt.
I have a Discord mod that has many of these moments, but I don't think he has the "I know I shouldn't" part...

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I've got a bit of an issue I hope someone knows how to fix. The music in the VN sounds a bit distorted with pops and crackles. I know it's not the music files since they play fine outside of the VN in any audio player, but in-game it sounds like it's playing through damaged speakers (as if the cones have tears in them)

EDIT: Nevermind, found the cause, it's the 'Animated Background' setting, too bad it still happens during animations, clearly revealing the 'looping point'

goddamn cliffhangers :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Did you just a sneak in a Ryan George reference in B's and Tara's conversation? I'm becoming more of a fan
I almost had B do the ENTIRE heist rundown with the MC like a Pitch Meeting, with B giving the entire rundown of the Gala and her slowly changing to wear a Ryan-like outfit, glasses, and holding a sheaf of papers -- but I thought she had a big enough part in this Chapter.

I feel like this might be about me... :whistle::ROFLMAO:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? (Yes. Yes, it is.)

I've got a bit of an issue I hope someone knows how to fix. The music in the VN sounds a bit distorted with pops and crackles. I know it's not the music files since they play fine outside of the VN in any audio player, but in-game it sounds like it's playing through damaged speakers (as if the cones have tears in them)

EDIT: Nevermind, found the cause, it's the 'Animated Background' setting
That's very peculiar! I'm glad you figured this one out -- I'll be sure to let people know this can be a solution if they get this problem.

Too easy...........not touching that......

(Sorry, I had to. I don't mean it!)

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Just realised that i haven't given my toughts on chapter two yet, so here goes:
Both the characters and the story is really coming into its own and i'm exited for the continuation. The humour is still really funny and the sex was really hot, when i replayed both chapters yesterday i decided to have the music on(i usually play AVNs whitout sound) and it and the soundeffects really enhanced the experience(so props to the composer). All in all it was exelent, just as expected.:D
My only minor nitpick is that there was to little of Violet, but i presume we will se moore of her in the future.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
My only minor nitpick is that there was to little of Violet, but i presume we will se moore of her in the future.
Hahaha! So Violet was really just thrown in as a gimmick, and was supposed to just be a one-off; she's based on a real-world friend who helped me make her Daz model. She randomly says weird stuff all the time, and her line in Mythos is something she randomly blurted out once.

But, noting her popularity, I think we will be seeing more of her than I'd originally planned -- though she's not going to be a love interest in Book One. Real-world Violet has given permission to be a love interest in the games, though.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Hahaha! So Violet was really just thrown in as a gimmick, and was supposed to just be a one-off; she's based on a real-world friend who helped me make her Daz model. She randomly says weird stuff all the time, and her line in Mythos is something she randomly blurted out once.

But, noting her popularity, I think we will be seeing more of her than I'd originally planned -- though she's not going to be a love interest in Book One. Real-world Violet has given permission to be a love interest in the games, though.
Thats funny:LOL:, i just think that shes really cute and adorable. Looking forward to seeing that after Book One is done.:)
and now back to interpreting Tara's runes:unsure:.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
That's very peculiar! I'm glad you figured this one out -- I'll be sure to let people know this can be a solution if they get this problem.
Still occurs during looping animations though, with a clear pop/crackle when it hits the looping point.

:) kinda reminded me of an old vinyl record getting stuck on scratch. playing the same bit over and over

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Really enjoyed chapter 2, felt like we are getting a lot of great character development, secrets are being revealed, the scooby gang is being formed... However I have two nitpicks:

1) It would be nice if there was a "normie" in the group. The MC doesn't qualify as he is a beacon. So a non-magical, non-beacon character would be great. Too early to know if Mara is that individual, she's awesome and bonus points for the hot redhead.

2) There's no scooby... No dog sidekick with a hankering for edibles. I mean unless we are going to say that Tara is Scooby since she can turn into a dog, but honestly she reminds me more of Scrappy. She's so upbeat...;)

So far sex scenes are with Tara, Rain, and Sophie... Right?

Anyway, great chapter, look forward to the next installment. Death to all vampires! (the undead suck!) ;)

Avakao

Jun 4, 2020
I'm so in love with this game. T_T

My Fem protag in a game with gender choice actually feels like a girl and a nerdy girl. Ugh, I can't have enough of her.
Tara already won my heart. I was gonna try the Harem since a lesbian harem is one of the rarest things I can think of in games in general. But then, tara is so damn sweet and funny, and pretty.

I love the dialogues so much as well, they are not just dumb dialogues, they are really natural, making every character quite unique, and made me laugh and all, The designs and the quality of the renders too. Not to mention, this has made a fem protag so beautiful.

The story is quite interesting so far, and now I can't wait for more.

Last edited:

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
1) It would be nice if there was a "normie" in the group. The MC doesn't qualify as he is a beacon. So a non-magical, non-beacon character would be great. Too early to know if Mara is that individual, she's awesome and bonus points for the hot redhead.
Could be, but Mara does seem to have some immunity to charms. Perhaps Becki (with an I) will become a Cordelia type?

2) There's no scooby... No dog sidekick with a hankering for edibles. I mean unless we are going to say that Tara is Scooby since she can turn into a dog, but honestly she reminds me more of Scrappy. She's so upbeat...;)
CAT! The cat even participated in the "Ask The Cast" segment. Definitely an animal side-kick (or at least a mascot).
If the cat isn't sleeping on your couch, then you're playing it wrong! (JK) :p

Reactions: MrFriendly
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes