VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes
Jul 14, 2021
Great game. Really enjoy being able to play as a female protagonist and lesbian play through. The harem is just a bonus, lol.
Just curious if the MC is going to possible show any magic abilities beyond being a "beacon"?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Great game. Really enjoy being able to play as a female protagonist and lesbian play through. The harem is just a bonus, lol.
Just curious if the MC is going to possible show any magic abilities beyond being a "beacon"?
Well, I don't wanna give away any spoilers... we'll have to see! Thank you for playing! :) I hope you like how it goes.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Normally, when I make a Patreon post, I simply drop a link here and everyone can go to my Patreon if they want to read more. However, in this case, I feel that it's important that the entirety of that post be put here (with added comments below that are not on Patreon).

1632253000434.png

It seems I've hit a bump on the road! I've been pretty careful about not showing any "adults only" stuff in the public posts. However, it seems I was not diligent enough. I've been informed that having public links available for downloading the game is also disallowed.

Unfortunately, this means that I cannot do free public releases via Patreon.

However, I'm looking for other platforms to do public releases upon. This hit me pretty suddenly, so I'm kinda scrambling to get this together -- just when I thought I could take a break after finally releasing Chapter Two, huh?

For those of you who don't already, I strongly suggest you follow me on Twitter (or at least look at my Twitter every now and then), so that I can be sure to not eschew any other rules here.

Sorry for any inconvenience! Let's continue keeping the legends alive.

- Nine

--------------------

Now here's the troubling part -- the posts that Patreon took issue with only contained the download links to the Mythos releases. This is the rule that was cited:

Content that can be viewed publicly on the site cannot contain adult content or mature themes. We define mature themes as any audio, visual, or audiovisual creations depicting explicit sexual situations, including nudity in a sexual context.

Patreon's interpretation of this rule means that, arguably, they could say that any link that leads you to adult content cannot be public. This could mean -- feasibly -- that if you link to another site that then links to the downloads, that would still be a violation.

This is troubling, to say the least.

For those of you reading this post, you really don't have anything to worry about; as soon as I do my public releases, I get the download links in this thread updated. However, not all of my audience uses this site -- and I'm sure that's the same for many other Devs. Other Devs that, like me, have download links on their Patreon within public posts.

I have something in the works to manage public releases in the future, but until then you still have this thread, itch.io, SubscribeStar, my Discord server, and my Twitter to keep an eye on. I will do all I can to keep putting Mythos out there for anybody that wants to play it.

Doing my best to keep the legends alive,

- Nine

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Hope you figure something out.:)
I tought that as long as there were no public nude renders you were good, and that links to other sites was no problem.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Nine, maybe an open poll on Patreon where people would otherwise download a public release? If anything, it could direct others to specific sites.

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
I made a HUGE mistake in the '80s. I thought programming would be really cool to learn, so I enrolled in a course. That wasn't the mistake. Where I erred was in quitting to pursue other interests because I found coding to be absurdly tedious and requiring too much time away from my beloved natural world. Now I'm old, poor, and not entirely clueless, but still woefully ignorant of current technology. I had to do a Google search to find out what a 3090 was. Imma go bang my head against a wall now.

Reactions: Tavi13

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
I made a HUGE mistake in the '80s. I thought programming would be really cool to learn, so I enrolled in a course. That wasn't the mistake. Where I erred was in quitting to pursue other interests because I found coding to be absurdly tedious and requiring too much time away from my beloved natural world. Now I'm old, poor, and not entirely clueless, but still woefully ignorant of current technology. I had to do a Google search to find out what a 3090 was. Imma go bang my head against a wall now.
Dont do that you might hurt yourself, i know nothing about programming or coding the only thing i know about a 3090 is that it's an expensive graphics card(here in Norway it costs more than i paid for my current pc).

Reactions: Pudthumper

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I made a HUGE mistake in the '80s. I thought programming would be really cool to learn, so I enrolled in a course. That wasn't the mistake. Where I erred was in quitting to pursue other interests...
You are not the only one that made that mistake. The company I worked for (at the time) was willing to pay for my training/certs....I got my CDL instead. 2 rebuilt knees later, guess what I am NOT doing for a living anymore.

Reactions: Pudthumper

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
Dont do that you might hurt yourself, i know nothing about programming or coding the only thing i know about a 3090 is that it's an expensive graphics card(here in Norway it costs more than i paid for my current pc).
It's okay; my wife has already padded the walls. ;) Seriously though, she was finally able to cure my autistic ass of slapping myself in the head, so I'm not likely to get any more concussions unless I fall down the stairs or get mugged or something. Just mentioning pcs causes me pain though. Mine went to electronic heaven just before the pandemic, and said pandemic cost me my job, so we're scraping by on SSI and a small pension. No telling when I will be able to score another pc. Thanking the gods for smart phones. I'd like to go back to work, but am unwilling to do so as long as our idiotic fucking governor insists on not allowing employers to mandate Covid 19 protection for employees. But there I go rambling again like the old fart that I am.

Reactions: damnedfrog
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes