VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
It's okay; my wife has already padded the walls. ;) Seriously though, she was finally able to cure my autistic ass of slapping myself in the head, so I'm not likely to get any more concussions unless I fall down the stairs or get mugged or something. Just mentioning pcs causes me pain though. Mine went to electronic heaven just before the pandemic, and said pandemic cost me my job, so we're scraping by on SSI and a small pension. No telling when I will be able to score another pc. Thanking the gods for smart phones. I'd like to go back to work, but am unwilling to do so as long as our idiotic fucking governor insists on not allowing employers to mandate Covid 19 protection for employees. But there I go rambling again like the old fart that I am.
Hope you pull trough and get back to work. My pc is itching closer and closer to electronic heaven(it's about 10 years old) and i dread the day I'll have to look for a new one. And boy does your governor sound like an ass, I'm a farmer(and work part time in retail) myself so I'm kinda set for life workwise.

Reactions: Pudthumper

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
So in the end she did move on with someone else......that made me feel kind of disappointed.....

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
After telling everyone under the sun about her ex?
personaly i think there is something deeper at work, and you can find a new boy/girlfriend whitout completley moving on from a previous one.
Maybe this is true. But sometimes people go into a new relationship to forget the old ones or just a passion thing. In this way, the main character feels a little SIMPy carrying for the ex when she was already sleeping with someone new ... But again well see how the things will unravel. In other cases - interesting story)

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
In this way, the main character feels a little SIMPy carrying for the ex when she was already sleeping with someone new ... But again well see how the things will unravel. In other cases - interesting story)
I think that has more to do with how the breakup happend and a lot can happen in a few years. And it's indeed an interesting story.

I can assure you, from some very sad, personal experiences, that this is all-too-true.
Have been on dates with women that had ''not over it'' written all over their faces and it was a nightmare.

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Ok, so I've given it thought last night.......yeah over a game, I know)). And I guess I found what was bugging me. Initially, she dumps a hero because she loved him and wanted him seif, which is a clean and selfless act. But when she finally gave in to another person that kinda devalued it, in my opinion, made you just another person from the past, and a selfless act into a regular breakup. And if before that she was still, a least emotionally, his...now she's someone else's.... He went half a country for her to find out that in the end, she found someone new..... And that leaves equate to a bitter aftertaste.

PS. I'm not criticizing, love the game, just throwing my thoughts into the void)

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
I can assure you, from some very sad, personal experiences, that this is all-too-true.
Emotional baggage, while an apt term, might perhaps be better thought of as emotional overwriting because you don't simply take it with you: it influences all future relationships, whether you are conscious of it or not.

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
Ok, so I've given it thought last night.......yeah over a game, I know)). And I guess I found what was bugging me. Initially, she dumps a hero because she loved him and wanted him seif, which is a clean and selfless act. But when she finally gave in to another person that kinda devalued it, in my opinion, made you just another person from the past, and a selfless act into a regular breakup. And if before that she was still, a least emotionally, his...now she's someone else's.... He went half a country for her to find out that in the end, she found someone new..... And that leaves equate to a bitter aftertaste.

PS. I'm not criticizing, love the game, just throwing my thoughts into the void)
I don't think that we have enough information (yet) to second-guess Lisa's motivation here.
As the agent works for an organization that is dedicated to rooting out magic wherever it is - dating the agent could just be a simple act of self-preservation, although I suspect (hope?) that it is much more complex than that.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018

I don't think that we have enough information (yet) to second-guess Lisa's motivation here.
As the agent works for an organization that is dedicated to rooting out magic wherever it is - dating the agent could just be a simple act of self-preservation, although I suspect (hope?) that it is much more complex than that.
Also, if she believed Ky was just a regular human, dragging Ky into that world could be very dangerous. For an agent who's already deep in that world, Ky is not bringing the agent any new danger. It's like any time a hero feels less guilty about dating another hero vs dating a normie, because they've both accepted the risks already. That's how I see it, anyway.

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
Motivations shall presumably be unveiled in the next chapter. What I want to know is why the Queen of Vampires doesn't have better security. Lol

Reactions: alltreck

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Motivations shall presumably be unveiled in the next chapter. What I want to know is why the Queen of Vampires doesn't have better security. Lol
Vampires are depicted (correctly?) as arrogant, so she may have assumed what she had was adequate. However, by contrast, werewolves are more--

-- oh right, they don't exist.
No security is to hard to crack for a magical tech-priest:LOL:

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Also, why didn't the social influencer end up on the night's menu?:LOL:
You know how in restaurants they bring you food covered in some fancy leaves, pictures made of souse and stuff. The same here - fancy food, more for an eye than for a taste.

Not the cleanest though. I would support the Vladislav quote from `what we do in the shadows`:
  • Deacon : I think we drink virgin blood because it sounds cool.
    Vladislav: I think of it like this. If you are going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it.

• Haha
Reactions: Guyin Cognito

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Yeah, but how did the unconnected riff-raff, i.e., the agent and social influencer, slip through the cracks? Especially the latter.:unsure:
I think it's like Rain metioned during the planing of the heist, that they just let in all that comes to the party so they don't run the risk of offending anyone. Becki(With an I) already lives in the gated community so it would be no problem for her to get in, and Monica(the agent) being trained to hunt magical beings should have no problem getting past some ordinary human guards unotised.

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
You know how in restaurants they bring you food covered in some fancy leaves, pictures made of souse and stuff. The same here - fancy food, more for an eye than for a taste.

Not the cleanest though. I would support the Vladislav quote from `what we do in the shadows`:
  • Deacon : I think we drink virgin blood because it sounds cool.
    Vladislav: I think of it like this. If you are going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it.
This talk of blood leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. *RIMSHOT*

Okay, that was bad even for me. Gonna slink off to Teyvat and beat up some treasure hoarders for a while.

Reactions: alltreck
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes