VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, so I felt the need to say it myself. Holy crap are the transitions in this game done well! There's normally a good chance that I just disable or edit overly fancy, 'artsy' or drawn out transitions in renpy games, especially if it feels like they're just getting in the way of the story or wasting my time. The ones in Mythos fit really well with the tone of the game, have a good variety of styles, and aren't over used. If you ever wonder if people notice or if they're worth the effort, at least one person's noticed and thinks they are.

I'm enjoying the rest of the game too btw, but I really noticed the effort put into to the transitions and felt they needed a mention. Weird thing to gush about I guess, but there you go.
This actually makes me very happy to hear, because that's one thing I was really focused on. :) Thank you!

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Kylie looks like how I feel at the moment, tired as fuck:LOL:
I actually picked this render out of the Chapter Three renders because it fits how I feel, too. I dunno if it's my medication or what, but I feel like I haven't slept this week even though I'm sleeping more than usual.

I liked Never Again, a bit different than the first story, but good different, hope you decide to
write more Tales from Mythos in the future.:D
I'm glad you liked it! :) The Tales from Mythos stories are things I want to do to put in background information that would would be too tonally different from the lighthearted nature of the games. I don't think there'd be any way to tell that story in a non-serious way -- and if I even tried, it'd be pretty awful of me.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 1520161

Friday Update - November 26th, 2021

B looks like shes about to kill the arcade shes playing on:LOL:
You can try my method of gift giving, I have my parents and siblings by the gifts and I pay part of the price and sign on the card. Holiday stress I know all about, after 10 years in retail I'm not overly fond of this time of the year(working retail on Black Friday is just the worst).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Nine of Swords there is a tiny continuity error in chapter 2. In this frame, the MC has her toenails painted:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but not in the next frame :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, crap!!! Thank you for that; I'll make sure her toenails are painted at all times! There's actually an in-world reason for it that I forgot to write in.

Someone was going to ask why her toenails are painted, but not her fingernails -- it's because when she queues for dungeons in her MMO, she gets bored and paints her nails, but she didn't want to do that to her fingernails because when the queue goes off she needs to be ready to play.

It's a stupid detail, but based on real-world events. :)

jufot

May 15, 2021
Someone was going to ask why her toenails are painted, but not her fingernails -- it's because when she queues for dungeons in her MMO, she gets bored and paints her nails, but she didn't want to do that to her fingernails because when the queue goes off she needs to be ready to play.

Sounds like a great little detail to add :)

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Stupid details are basically the key to world-building living, breathing settings rather than just cardboard facades. Little details that have nothing to do with the main story and just get dropped in as casual asides or little background notes make things feel like they exist as part of a real place, and not just revolving around a specific narrative.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes