VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

I do love options, and I would 100% remove the textbox to stare at Tara's ass(or any of the other ladies for that matter):LOL:.
Hope you feel better, and I'm quite sure a lot of people care about the world you have made.

PS: Loved seing Mara being awesome in Bare Witness.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

Friday Update - December 10th, 2021

I see CyberDaze even has service in dodgy backallys:LOL:.
I think you should keep the dials, even if they are not quite 100% corect they give a good indication of how the development is going. I see you have done about as much gift shoping as I have(Fortunatly for myself I managed to talk my sister into bying all of the presents for the family, I hate doing it.:LOL:).

Reactions: damnedfrog

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
We have a thread here if you have any questions, feedback or requests!
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

• Wow
Reactions: Nine of Swords

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 1556751

Tales from Mythos: Nelson's Sick Day
- Ky takes time off from school, and Lisa Harrison has a strange day.

Poor Lisa. She seems really lonely without Ky.
Tara can really be a pest. It's interesting to have another point of view on some characters than that of Ky in the game.

It's also take me a moment to understand why Ky was refer at they/them, and not she/her. Until I remember that (if you are tasteless :)) you can play as a man.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Poor Lisa. She seems really lonely without Ky.
Tara can really be a pest. It's interesting to have another point of view on some characters than that of Ky in the game.

It's also take me a moment to understand why Ky was refer at they/them, and not she/her. Until I remember that (if you are tasteless :)) you can play as a man.
Then hardest part if writing these is to not explicitly refer to Ky as "she/her"! In the FFXIV side stories they have a little switch that let's you change the MC's pronouns to what you play as, but I don't think I can do that with WordPress.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LemongrassWitch

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Then hardest part if writing these is to not explicitly refer to Ky as "she/her"! In the FFXIV side stories they have a little switch that let's you change the MC's pronouns to what you play as, but I don't think I can do that with WordPress.
Don't worry, I understand how it's can be very difficult to write neutral gender stories.
It's just me, that have forgotten you can play as a male Ky. So at first, I found strange to read "them" instead of "she" Ky.
Definitively not a problem.
In fact, thank you to give us a "multi-gendered" game (not sure if it's the right term to qualify a game where the player can choose the gender of the MC), despite all the extra work it requires, in the renders and in the writing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Might be more effort than you want to put into it, but you could always write the female version of the story, then go back later and Ctrl+F/Ctrl+V swap out pronouns for a male version, then just publish both. So the reader can choose if they want the female version or the male version.

Krabgee

Feb 5, 2019
Might be more effort than you want to put into it, but you could always write the female version of the story, then go back later and Ctrl+F/Ctrl+V swap out pronouns for a male version, then just publish both. So the reader can choose if they want the female version or the male version.
Doesn't RenPy offer some sort of #define NAME REPLACEMENT coding function instead?

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
In other news, I hate to say this kind of stuff, but for the F95 donors there's this vote thing going on:

https://f95zone.to/threads/christmas-contest-2021-1200-pool.103176/

By some miracle, Mythos is actually a contender. It'd mean a lot to me, if you haven't already voted, to throw a vote my way? It's not about the money for me; I just want the exposure. I'm awful at advertising.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
In other news, I hate to say this kind of stuff, but for the F95 donors there's this vote thing going on:

https://f95zone.to/threads/christmas-contest-2021-1200-pool.103176/

By some miracle, Mythos is actually a contender. It'd mean a lot to me, if you haven't already voted, to throw a vote my way? It's not about the money for me; I just want the exposure. I'm awful at advertising.
OK, I will ask the dumb question:
How I can donate, as the vote is open do donator only ?

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
OK, I will ask the dumb question:
How I can donate, as the vote is open do donator only ?
The votes are only open for donors (to F95, not to Mythos), and they're not accepting new donors. :(

And it looks like I'm out of the running, now. But it was nice to see my name up there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LemongrassWitch

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
The votes are only open for donors (to F95, not to Mythos), and they're not accepting new donors. :(
OK, donors to the site, not the devs.
Still I would have make a small donation, first to be able to vote, but also to help the site. After all, I use it, so giving a bit of money would be fair.
But I you say they're not accepting new donors, I can't do anything :-(.
But, just for curiosity (and to be ready next year :)), where normally you can donate ?

And it looks like I'm out of the running, now. But it was nice to see my name up there.
You're still in the top 10!
The race isn't finish yet, there are still 6 days left... At this moment, 2 more votes and you will be in the top 4!

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes