VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
I knew I had seen that purple mop of hair before:LOL:

I had not played for about 5 years(had issues with Origin) until I randomly found out it was on steam the other week and have been playing almost non-stop since.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Who gets a statue of a sith lord? That's just as lame as making it your internet avatar for every social media and website.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So it's Liv that has startled the waitress in the header?:unsure:
Don't sacrifice your health for the game, I atleast would rather the update be delayed than you getting ill.
On the FFXIV thing, I totally understand the urge to play the expansion at once, especially in a game as
story driven as FFXIV is. Have not played it myself, but I imagine it gives you some of the same feeling as I
get while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic(also a story driven MMO).
The thing with the FF14 expansion and why this one is a big deal is this is the finale of the story arch that's been building since it launched.

This is the big one we've all been waiting for and final showdown between the Warrior of Light and the Ascians and their respective gods.

After this it's a whole new story line so this one is huge and years in the building.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
The thing with the FF14 expansion and why this one is a big deal is this is the finale of the story arch that's been building since it launched.

This is the big one we've all been waiting for and final showdown between the Warrior of Light and the Ascians and their respective gods.

After this it's a whole new story line so this one is huge and years in the building.
Absolutely this! I didn't wanna get deep into the details on why this expansion is such a big deal -- not just because I'm a huge FFXIV player, but a huge fan of Final Fantasy since the 80s.

But let's be totally honest; I'd be obsessive about the expansion even if it weren't such a monumental conclusion to a long story arc.

I'm glad to see a lot of FFXIV players also like Mythos, though! It means people may appreciate it when I put in lines like this:

screenshot0044.png

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Absolutely this! I didn't wanna get deep into the details on why this expansion is such a big deal -- not just because I'm a huge FFXIV player, but a huge fan of Final Fantasy since the 80s.

But let's be totally honest; I'd be obsessive about the expansion even if it weren't such a monumental conclusion to a long story arc.

I'm glad to see a lot of FFXIV players also like Mythos, though! It means people may appreciate it when I put in lines like this:

View attachment 1475309
Absolutely but also because, according to my gathering mule, Werewolves exist ..... can't argue with the La La.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I'm not sure if I'd get in trouble with Square for putting my FFXIV character into Mythos... I could do some Daz equivalent, I guess.

1635639542.7646887.png

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
I'm not sure if I'd get in trouble with Square for putting my FFXIV character into Mythos... I could do some Daz equivalent, I guess.

View attachment 1476107
Any chance your choice of Guardian will actually have an impact in your game :ROFLMAO:

I made my Viera for the lols a while back. Went DNC b/c I though dancing in an enemy's face would fit the lols/troll theme.

Ended up loving it so much it's my main now lol

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Any chance your choice of Guardian will actually have an impact in your game :ROFLMAO:

I made my Viera for the lols a while back. Went DNC b/c I though dancing in an enemy's face would fit the lols/troll theme.

Ended up loving it so much it's my main now lol
The only impact I've seen the Guardian choice have is that the symbol of your god appears on your side of the altar in the Eternal Bonding ceremony.

Dancer is fun as hell! Machinist is my current main, but I plan to go back to Summoner, come Endwalker.

Reactions: Mograx

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

Don't worry Tara, I'm sure Becki(With an I) only has nice things to say:LOL:.
The weather over here apparently think it's time for even more rain(it's not like it has rained for most of the last month).
In my oppinion using release dates only puts more and unnecessary stress on yourself, and is therfore useless.

ufsmt

Jul 9, 2017
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, so I felt the need to say it myself. Holy crap are the transitions in this game done well! There's normally a good chance that I just disable or edit overly fancy, 'artsy' or drawn out transitions in renpy games, especially if it feels like they're just getting in the way of the story or wasting my time. The ones in Mythos fit really well with the tone of the game, have a good variety of styles, and aren't over used. If you ever wonder if people notice or if they're worth the effort, at least one person's noticed and thinks they are.

I'm enjoying the rest of the game too btw, but I really noticed the effort put into to the transitions and felt they needed a mention. Weird thing to gush about I guess, but there you go.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes